• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I have the solution to the West's content issues:
Bring back Daily Dota
R8KEbaf.gif

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah WOWs LFR is pretty cool. It's a much simplified version of the raid, One shot mechanics are nerfed so much that one bad player can't mess it up. They still exist so you can see them and try and learn timings and what not but the raids are pretty easy and any group can just bang through them. the loot is also raid finder level so not as good as Normal raids, but good enough to take into normal raids. and work your way up to heroic and then mythic.

Also for Normal and heroics and I think even mythic raids now you can use the group finder to create and invite people to find PUG players when you don't have a full group. it's not auto and you get to see the peoples ilevel when they apply and make your decision based on that.

Would be nice for most Gaas to use this model. though it would involve a ton of dev time so I understand why more don't

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I don't get why games don't include match making for this kind of content I get they design it hard and want you to have coordination with a premade group. But you end up just locking a bunch of people out of your content in the end by skipping matchmaking

It's either that or a bunch of unhappy people in unsatisfactory, uncoordinated groups having a bad time. There's no good outcome for people without a play group unless they make an easier matchmaking version

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice for most Gaas to use this model. though it would involve a ton of dev time so I understand why more don't
Making a raid already costs a ton of dev time. Implementing easier modes so more people can see it is a fraction of that investment and would ultimately result in more invested players. I think it's absolutely something that should be copied a lot more than it is now.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Making a raid already costs a ton of dev time. Implementing easier modes so more people can see it is a fraction of that investment and would ultimately result in more invested players. I think it's absolutely something that should be copied a lot more than it is now.
Totally agree with you. But I also know how most of the companies releasing GaaS games act.

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get back to that show and finish the last season. The songs just went so downhill after season one in my opinion.

I disagree completely. While there are a lot of classics in season 1, there are also some duds. Nature of the beast when you're writing 2-4 songs per episode. There's so many good songs in the later seasons and some of my favorite songs come from the last season. IMO it's a near perfect show that tells it's story and ends on the perfect note.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with Brad thinking that this gen was lackluster. Ben pointed out that people spent more time playing fewer games this gen with GaaS, but I would've prefer more single player experiences. How did we get 3 Uncharteds and The Last of Us last gen but only 1.5 new games (so far) from Naughty Dog this gen? A whole Mass Effect Trilogy versus 1 Mass Effect flop? 2 Fallouts vs. 1? No new Elder Scrolls? No new GTA?

If they'd been replaced by new IP, I'd be happy too... but new IP is rare this gen.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with Brad thinking that this gen was lackluster. Ben pointed out that people spent more time playing fewer games this gen with GaaS, but I would've prefer more single player experiences. How did we get 3 Uncharteds and The Last of Us last gen but only 1.5 new games (so far) from Naughty Dog this gen? A whole Mass Effect Trilogy versus 1 Mass Effect flop? 2 Fallouts vs. 1? No new Elder Scrolls? No new GTA?

If they'd been replaced by new IP, I'd be happy too... but new IP is rare this gen.

We got like 2 Fromsoft new IPs at the very least.

Also games just got more expensive yo. Why do you think we're having all these crunch stories raeching a breaking point? More and more resources are needed for bigger risks.

I dunno though, my gaming pattern has been weird this gen . Got a PS4 in 2015, pretty much only played Overwatch for the whole of 2016, played a lot of console games 2017, then pretty much only played Fate grand order in 2018 and 2019 with some switch and PS4 games in between.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree completely. While there are a lot of classics in season 1, there are also some duds. Nature of the beast when you're writing 2-4 songs per episode. There's so many good songs in the later seasons and some of my favorite songs come from the last season. IMO it's a near perfect show that tells it's story and ends on the perfect note.

I largely just felt like the songs after season one turned a little more showtoons-y. The first season had so many comedic hits like "I love my daughter" "I gave you a UTI" "I'm a good person" "Sexy getting ready song" "I give good parent" I feel like I could go on and on about songs in season one, but season 2 and 3 I feel like the comedic songs took a bit of a back seat. At least in the second half of the season.

Also show took a huge hit in losing Greg IMO(Hated the rich boy lawyer guy). I still liked the show, the music just wasn't quite there for me after the first season.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
This gen had a rescurgences of "Big Indie/small dev" games and imo, that's more than compensated for more sparse AAA content.

It's also clear that the size of these games is so big now that they take 3-4 or even more Years to get one out, when in the PS360 gen a 2 year cycle was the most common.

Oct 27, 2017
I largely just felt like the songs after season one turned a little more showtoons-y. The first season had so many comedic hits like "I love my daughter" "I gave you a UTI" "I'm a good person" "Sexy getting ready song" "I give good parent" I feel like I could go on and on about songs in season one, but season 2 and 3 I feel like the comedic songs took a bit of a back seat. At least in the second half of the season.

Also show took a huge hit in losing Greg IMO. I still liked the show, the music just wasn't quite there for me after the first season.

The show evolved out of strictly pop-centric parody/satire and starting doing more musical style, also as Rebecca's character changed the wacky sitcom nature went away and it grounded itself in the actual themes of the show. That change was one of my favorite aspects of the show because it felt like an actual journey for the characters.

I understand not liking the way the show changed. It worked for me. I didn't come to it strictly for the comedy, though the show remained very funny throughout IMO. Rebecca's story became the thing I came for.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I woke up this morning with the idea of actually trying Mad Max for real (I played maybe 30min when it came out but never went back)....

So, to recap, so far Rage 2 had made me want to replay Rage 1, re-install DOOM 2016 and re-install Mad Max

Please note that none of those three things actually involve playing Rage 2 lol

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I buy and play so many games, it helps that I am in no way a completionist so most games I do main story with a few of the side content and move on I also beat most games as they come out so I don't really have a backlog but it also means I pay full price for games a lot of time when if I was more patient I would save a lot as they usually go on sale pretty quickly after thankfully the money isn't really an issue for me

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I woke up this morning with the idea of actually trying Mad Max for real (I played maybe 30min when it came out but never went back)....

So, to recap, so far Rage 2 had made me want to replay Rage 1, re-install DOOM 2016 and re-install Mad Max

Please note that none of those three things actually involve playing Rage 2 lol

Rage 1 is pretty good.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The show evolved out of strictly pop-centric parody/satire and starting doing more musical style, also as Rebecca's character changed the wacky sitcom nature went away and it grounded itself in the actual themes of the show. That change was one of my favorite aspects of the show because it felt like an actual journey for the characters.

I understand not liking the way the show changed. It worked for me. I didn't come to it strictly for the comedy, though the show remained very funny throughout IMO. Rebecca's story became the thing I came for.

Yeah, I completely get the changes and direction. Any other time I think I would have been all for it. But coming to the show from the start and falling in love with it I was just losing out on what I came to it for.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah I actually had more fun playing Rage 1 then I am having with Rage 2. I mean Rage 2 is not bad and I am enjoying myself. BUT I really like Rage 1.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'm reaching the point in Kiwami 2 that I want to mainline it and I've done my share of sub stories.

But I still have the cabaret and construction stories to finish and I'm not even halfway there.

Not the biggest fan of the Majima Constructions thing. There's a good chance I drop it.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
The Division 2 raid patch is a bummer because there's like nothing there for me as someone that won't get a group going for the raid.
I raided in WoW for like 10 years and have no desire to schedule my gaming time.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
my time at portia on switch controls like utter shit, everything is so stuttery and it has long loads, like idk if it was this bad on pc but its so distracting that i almost want to return it. i feel like im playing a game on something that doesnt run it properly

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
my time at portia on switch controls like utter shit, everything is so stuttery and it has long loads, like idk if it was this bad on pc but its so distracting that i almost want to return it. i feel like im playing a game on something that doesnt run it properly

I've really wanted to get it on switch, but I feel like I've heard nothing but similar claims.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I had some trouble on Steam, there seem to be v-sync or frame pacing issues? But on Xbox One (X) it is wonderful.
The first game was super weird on the technical level since it was the first id game to use the new (at the time) idTech engine with Megatextures(tm). I remember a ton of texture popping when you turned the camera quickly. There was ways to kind of brute force the video memory usage on PC to minimize the issue but it was never completely fixed. With the hardware available at the time anyway... Dunno how it would be with a modern GPU.

May 5, 2018
Bubsy Paws on Fire comes out tomorrow and there's no reviews of it yet. Certainly we're looking at a DOOM 2016 situation where there was no reviews on the release date and it turned out to be awesome right? Bubsy Paws on Fire is gonna be a rightful competitor to Madden's GOTY throne!

...I'll feel bad for Choice Provisions if this game has a negative impact on their team. I mean they might actually make the best Bubsy game since the ceiling isn't high, but still. They deserve better.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
We got like 2 Fromsoft new IPs at the very least.

Also games just got more expensive yo. Why do you think we're having all these crunch stories raeching a breaking point? More and more resources are needed for bigger risks.

I dunno though, my gaming pattern has been weird this gen . Got a PS4 in 2015, pretty much only played Overwatch for the whole of 2016, played a lot of console games 2017, then pretty much only played Fate grand order in 2018 and 2019 with some switch and PS4 games in between.

Yeah, I mean, I can see why we've gotten fewer games, it just doesn't help it feel any less lackluster.
If it is actually the result of gaming companies moving away from crunch, that's cool. But crunch-free doesn't seem to be the most prevalent method among developers at the moment.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I bouught Civ VI since the gold edition was $30 on steam

This is my first Civ

What have I done

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Credits rolling on MK 11 story.

Pretty good outside of Rhonda Rousey's terribleness. Didn't overstay it's welcome.
Nice and well rounded.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's very hard for me to actually view games in terms of specific (recent) generations? Like obviously there are shifts that, when you compare them, make that sort of thing visible but... It's just not how I think about things.

Part of that's just my taste in games because I play very few AAA games, and am inclined to enjoy some amount of jank besides. Part of that's liking handhelds (which tend to cross generations) and growing up mainly playing Nintendo consoles even if we had others, and also only getting a PS3/PS4 a few years after release.

And I've also been playing through PS2, PS3, DS, etc. games (that are new to me) every so often for the past few years, so that adds to that feeling as well.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People: "Game dev crunch is abhorrent! Don't support companies that do this."

Also people: "OMG why is there nothing new for Apex Legends! Hurry up! Dead game! Lazy devs!"

Status
Not open for further replies.