• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2018
Man I hope Barry doesn't get GOT'd as far as those character's arcs getting destroyed in the final season. Its HBO's best show right now.

Meanwhile...yeah what was with that episode ruining certain arcs and going against logic. Why would the iron fleet be sitting ducks essentially when they already killed one of the dragons. It was proven that carrying the dragon against the fleet was a bad idea but second time around worked I guess right?

Also that's the way they choose for Cesari and Jaime to go? And no plot continuation with Brienne and Jaime too?

Last edited:

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Man I hope Barry doesn't get GOT'd as far as those character's arcs getting destroyed in the final season. Its HBO's best show right now.
I hope Barry continues to do well.

But maybe the rest of your post should be spoiler tagged?
I mean I don't watch so I don't actually know but I am guessing people who haven't seen the episode yet, you may be giving spoilers?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Gameplay wise, yes(best thing R* made on that front). Story, no. BUT, I very much enjoyed Max Payne 3 a lot and its story as well. Finished it multiple times. Superb OST too.

and well, you cannot talk about Max Payne 3 without talking about the airport shootout

To be fair, the airport shootout is the best sequence of last gen. Period.

Tfw you agree with dan

Miguel Sapochnik is so good at directing and everyone else is so bad at writing. Fuck.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Well I completed the Moscow campaign in World War Z as I continue to work my backlog.

The Moscow campaign was fine but the AI was so trash, I actually opted to play with other online players and we got through it pretty easily. The best part of WWZ is the zombie hordes and limb damaging, it's so satisfying just blasting a zombie into guts. All that's left is the Tokyo campaign and that might be it for WWZ unless they've announced new maps and campaign levels. It's a perfect B game, campy and low budget but all around satisfying as a zombie survival TPS.

#blitzpressions

Anyways looking forward to watching Crime Crew and the Rage 2 QL today.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Veep is still better than Barry but NoHo Hank is GOAT

Back to GoT, I don't understand how people can be upset about an ending happening that was telegraphed from as far back as practically the first episode? I feel like I've been watching a different show the past 3 or 4 seasons.

The show is just dumb fun which is all it's ever been.

Oct 27, 2017
Dan is correct

Do you guys think this Abby take is a bit haha

I like Abby a lot so I don't want to be mean, but is it possible to be that naive? What happened in the show is literally the entire point of the character's arc.

This explains it well

Or this thread

Anyways, I agree with Dan. That was the most GRRM episode in years. It felt like he gave them a list of bullet points about what was going to go down and they basically just CTRL+V'd it onto the screen with some pretty good work by Sapochnik.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Dan is correct

Do you guys think this Abby take is a bit haha

I like Abby a lot so I don't want to be mean, but is it possible to be that naive? What happened in the show is literally the entire point of the character's arc.

This explains it well

Or this

Dany wasn't bad until she was like two episodes ago. Otherwise she was "fuck yeah dragons coming to Westeros" queen.

Anyone pretending otherwise is full of shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Dany wasn't bad until she was like two episodes ago. Otherwise she was "fuck yeah dragons coming to Westeros" queen.

Nah, me and friends saw that coming seasons ago. I genuinely think if you didn't see it coming you haven't gotten the point of the character -- sorry.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
i have to get drunk to get through these got episodes lol that said yeah i accepted this show became medieval riverdale a couple seasons back
Yeah Medieval Riverdale is accurate

Nah, me and friends saw that coming seasons ago. I genuinely think if you didn't see it coming you haven't gotten the point of the character -- sorry.
Oh you're totally right. Just people that didn't see that coming blinded themselves and those who treat this as a shocking turn are fools. It's been obvious since that one prophecy scene with the throne and snow, I forget when it aired.

Oct 25, 2017

Well they did start this path for her at the start of the season; it's been coming. That's the issue though and you're right; the show never portrayed her in a negative light or truly made you question her until this season. It's jarring to say the least.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Well they did start this path for her at the start of the season; it's been coming. That's the issue though and you're right; the show never portrayed her in a negative light or truly made you question her until this season. It's jarring to say the least.
They've made you question her actions literally every season. She's went too far plenty of times. The idea of her following in her fathers footsteps has been a persistent theme. Main characters have said it repeatedly.

What more do you want? Lol

Oct 25, 2017
They've made you question her actions literally every season. She's went too far plenty of times. The idea of her following in her fathers footsteps has been a persistent theme. Main characters have said it repeatedly.

Characters have said it because the lines were in the books. The filmmaking doesn't follow that up by suggesting anything else to the viewer regarding her true self. Like Joeku said, it's all been "Dragon queen is coming to Westeros, y'all!".

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed. The two dolts writing this never truly understood the series and it shows when comparing their adaptations of the books and their foray in to new story content.
But fuck the Big Threat and here's the New Threat that has been the slowly creeping threat for the last few seasons despite all the arguments against this threat artistically but fuck it. Haha the savior is bad but you thought they were good (despite hints of bad) and fuck you that's all that's left to fight against. Suffer the bad leader you thought was good but was hinted as bad and is now bad.
Now that's a good reply. Kudos.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Game of Thrones is wrestling.

Anime is wrestling.

Video games are wrestling.

Enjoy them when they're good, smile at them when they're bad, and then go take a fucking walk in the sun and remember the outcome of a fictional story written for the profit of millionaires should not in any way ruin your day.

Oct 25, 2017
Your comment didn't make any sense so I didn't have much to go off of

I think I said what I needed to say? But here:

It's all there in previous seasons: the discussion of her family's reputation, her often questionable actions, her tunnel vision for the throne; and yet the show itself, through it's visual and narrative storytelling, never actually suggests that she is truly a character that should be considered as anything other than a savior. When multiple seasons end with heroic and hopeful music accompanying shots like these:

game-of-thrones-dany-controversial-image.jpg

02865503-ed97-406d-ae1d-8df99a0fd82e.jpg

Only for her to do what she's done now by the end of the season... I don't think I need to say more.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

so that's the thing, they kept leaning into the "mad queen", "coin flip", whatever thing to make it seem like she was like her father as a justification for this

but like... that's... not what any of this is? the closest she got was last episode's (fairly reasonable?) paranoia about what's whether she'd be respected

like her father's whole deal wasn't making bad decisions and suddenly trying to rule by fear, lol

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I can't believe they killed Sean, I mean that shard of glass in his eye looked pretty big it has to be fatal right??

Life Is Strange Spoilers my bad :-(
I personally don't think the'll go that bold. Plus there is more drawings to be made.
But then again controlling Daniel could make for an interesting direction.

Last edited:

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
That's just riverdale when they do one of their special episodes.

Also Riverdale, another great show.
hey at least Riverdale went off the rails early enough in its run to properly set expectations. you know what to expect with Riverdale: literally fucking anything that doesn't involve Archie Andrews growing a brain.

(I'm not really that invested in the whole GoT thing because I straight up haven't even bothered to watch this season, tho I - naturally - already know basically everything that's happened. I've enjoyed bits of the show over the years, but it's never really been super to my taste. It's sorta like how I felt about the Battlestar Galactica reboot.)

Anyways in other news, I said fuck it to trying to study for a couple of hours and watched Into The Spider-Verse at long fucking last. Now THAT is a good movie, holy shit. Can't wait for the Spider-Gwen one.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
also please actually label your tagged spoilers if the post is just tagged and quoting a tag, as I totally just read a big LiS 2 spoiler...

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Characters have said it because the lines were in the books. The filmmaking doesn't follow that up by suggesting anything else to the viewer regarding her true self. Like Joeku said, it's all been "Dragon queen is coming to Westeros, y'all!".

Yeah, there were a few too many shortcuts taken to get to this S8 conclusion. They were also a bit too concerned with setting up "heroes" to cheer for.

I don't think the book endings will be super different in term of the actual events, but the context and setup will be.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Booked an afternoon ticket for John Wick 3 at the Dolby theater. Friday can't come soon enough.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Personal Attacks and a History of Hostility; Accumulated Infractions
Abby had been fairly positive on GoT till tonight, I feel her pain.
And you've been positive on next to nothing that didn't fulfill your view you fucking coward prick.

But you'll never see this post anyway, you fucking coward. You Blocklord. You Hidestan. You Miserydodger.

Sorry, Sinder's blocked me, as he had a bunch of people becuase he's a tiny, small man who cannot take a dissenting opinion. He's a small little coward. I don't block anybody because I want the real shit, even the real shit that hates me.

...I don't expect much of a response out of this post in support of me but whatever, he's a little bitchboy who can't deal with dissenting opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.