• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
One of them (can't remember which) hit the nail on the head when they called it "Borderlands before the artstyle change."

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
ragezzz

Edit:
most of this game seems incredibly dull and the rest feels like it's trying waaay too hard to be wacky and weird

Yeah it's like a poor man's doom, with competent mechanics and shooting mechanics that feel goodish and bad open world design and gameplay. The story is not good and the attitude doesn't really exist or at least comes off as not good at all.
It's not that great, its not complete trash but its the definition of a Fine or OK game to me.

What are GBeasts impressions of it?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Yeah it's like a poor man's doom, with competent mechanics and shooting mechanics that feel goodish and bad open world design and gameplay. The story is not good and the attitude doesn't really exist or at least comes off as not good at all.
It's not that great, its not complete trash but its the definition of a Fine or OK game to me.

What are GBeasts impressions of it?
a big ehhhhhhhh... it's fine I guess

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god how is that possible to handle saves that badly did you at least have another save you could revert back to without losing too much progress?
Yeah, thankfully the game has three different auto-saves so I only lost a couple of minutes.

Also: don't lock me in a room and have a boring character tell me a boring story for minutes (!). I do not care about this character who I've seen once Rage 2. I don't want to listen to her. Don't do that.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah, thankfully the game has three different auto-saves so I only lost a couple of minutes.

Also: don't lock me in a room and have a boring character tell me a boring story for minutes (!). I do not care about this character who I've seen once Rage 2. I don't want to listen to her. Don't do that.
Yupppppp. The story is soooooo non interesting and they love to talk and talk. also multiple times there is no audio when NPCs are talking to me. Then it will come back in.

Oct 25, 2017

It's impressively bad. Yo that character you knew for 15 seconds before she bit it like a punk do you want to listen to her monologue for five minutes? Of course you do says Rage 2, of course you do.

I do like that the protag then makes a joke to that character's daughter and gets called out for being incredibly insensitive.

Oct 25, 2017
Yupppppp. The story is soooooo non interesting and they love to talk and talk. also multiple times there is no audio when NPCs are talking to me. Then it will come back in.
And I don't know if I'm just missing something but they have like the first half of the traditional side quest setup but then no payoff if you go back to the character. Like you walk up a character will give you the generic diatribe about my buddy or my team or whatever died here and some assholes yada yada and I want you to kill them and you can go do that, but then it doesn't seem to trigger any additional dialogue for that NPC afterwards.

I get that they're treating the NPC's as a glorified location of interest highlighters but at the same time like an extra step here or there would do wonders for making me feel at least kinda invested in the world.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I was telling my Dad that Hurt by Johnny Cash was a cover of Nine Inch Nails and he didn't believe me...

Also I accidentally said Johnny Cage at first 😑

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Rage 2 is a game made for podcasts/second screen entertainment

I played the entirety of Mad Max while watching Jeff Time with Jar, and I'll do the same with this one

Will Smith called it a weird mix of polished and not-polished and I think that nails it. Made by two studios, I guess
I get more of a vibe that id gave Avalanche the folder containing their combat mechanics, and they pasted it into a possibly abandoned MM sequel

Oct 25, 2017
Also the first car in Rage 2 A. Talks. B. Is the only friendly supportive npc in the game so far and C. Is voiced by Lynda Carter

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Other video games may as well not even come out this year in terms of Giant Bomb

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
They really did improve on the first impressively, way more than I expected. They could've easily half-assed it and gotten away with it.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
And I don't know if I'm just missing something but they have like the first half of the traditional side quest setup but then no payoff if you go back to the character. Like you walk up a character will give you the generic diatribe about my buddy or my team or whatever died here and some assholes yada yada and I want you to kill them and you can go do that, but then it doesn't seem to trigger any additional dialogue for that NPC afterwards.

I get that they're treating the NPC's as a glorified location of interest highlighters but at the same time like an extra step here or there would do wonders for making me feel at least kinda invested in the world.

I thought the same thing after doing some bounties for npc just nothing with them after. Like it wouldn't be that hard at all. You're not missing anything.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Shocking origins:

Business Dave actually worked on the original Kane and Lynch marketing campaign that lead to Jeff getting fired.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
They really did improve on the first impressively, way more than I expected. They could've easily half-assed it and gotten away with it.
They could've just ported over SMM1 and it still would've been a contender for GotY.

But instead they added a ton of stuff that Jeff will ignore because he hates scrolling/water/3D graphics.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It just finished since Brad played some Lost Levels for like 20 minutes after the stream ended. Probably still ingesting
Ah ok Thanks

Looks like they just streamed it on the site even if it was free so no instant YT or Twitch archive... At least the new system is quick on the site too

convo

Oct 25, 2017
They could've just ported over SMM1 and it still would've been a contender for GotY.

But instead they added a ton of stuff that Jeff will ignore because he hates scrolling/water/3D graphics.
And most of them, especially Vinny who has kids would agree that multiplayer 2d mario is evil incarnate, and now being a dick can be encouraged.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shocking origins:

Business Dave actually worked on the original Kane and Lynch marketing campaign that lead to Jeff getting fired.
Jeff will get his revenge in the end.
tumblr_ndn8ncxbrD1sqejyvo1_400.gif

No amount of Big Business Dave Energy will save him from the Saucepan Man's wrath.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to impulse buy MM2 and then play it for a total of 20 minutes just like I did with MM1.

I wish there were actually good games releasing this year so I didn't have to impulse buy trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.