• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
It would've been so cool if they added Galaxy gravity mechanic to Mario Maker 2... just floating around a circle in 2D could've been rad.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Ever have one of those afternoons when you just sleep straight until dinner and you're laying in a puddle of drool while your cat is tugging at your shirt because she needs to be fed and you thought you were just nodding off for a bit but your body had other plans.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Did Jeff ever run a Crowdcast before? Seems like an easy way to do live Q&A. I am watching a replay of Bomani Jones' latest episode.

It does cost money to host though so I won't be surprised if he didn't yet.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Ever have one of those afternoons when you just sleep straight until dinner and you're laying in a puddle of drool while your cat is tugging at your shirt because she needs to be fed and you thought you were just nodding off for a bit but your body had other plans.
yeah

also if i didnt have cats i probably would never bother getting up anyway

thank cats

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Other than it being in a pool of blood rather than a pool of drool, yeah.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Other than it being in a pool of blood rather than a pool of drool, yeah.
2341.jpg

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
mario maker 2 makes MM1 look like a tech demo... kinda blown away by how much they added beyond the desired QoL improvements

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
#blitzpressions: Let me tell you the tale of the Vault Hunters.

So I played a little Tales from the Borderlands and WOW the production values here are nice. Not to mention, we have Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Patrick Warburton, and Chris Hardwick in the cast as well. And I knew that was Warburton as soon as Vasquez talked. Anyway I got through the initial chapter before Fiona's introduction. Rhys seems like a good character, great voice work from Baker as usual.

It's more of an interactive visual novel with some minor gameplay elements, very chill experience so far. Also the writing might be some of the best in a Borderlands game. Yeah this is pretty damn good, folks.

Got the season pass so I'll be enjoying all five episodes of TFTB. Also a nice Platinum trophy for playing every chapter so it's nice to not be restricted by choice. Telltale and Gearbox basically let you see the story through as you see fit. That's refreshing to see.

Anyways thanks for the recommendation GBEra. Much love from ya boy Blitz.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
About 12 hours into rage 2. I'm having fun. Shooting still is good. Everything else not so much. It's a total b game. Glad I only paid 52CAD for this

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Finally finished Days Gone and by the end I was like "so, this is how people felt when they said RDR2 never ends?" because if you want a game that does not end, Days Gone is for you. You think horses bumping into trees is annoying? Try bumping into trees, getting thrown off the bike, immediately dying and having to wait through a loading screen. That happens 9 times out of a 10. It ain't all bad though, I think the main issues with this game are the pacing(mostly due to the bulk of the first half focusing on a very uninteresting subplot) and the loading screens(there's a fuck ton of them after every god damn cutscene). But, the second half of the game really shines since you get to engage with the hordes as your character is stacked with weapons and shit. The story as well gets way more interesting and while I think the ending is nothing special it still doesn't hinder how great the second half is. It is a way better story overall then what it seems to be at first.

I think the consistently great thing about the game from beginning to end is Deacon. He's always true to himself and he acknowledges his own flaws. I also very much enjoyed him commenting on whatever the fuck I was doing it. It made him feel more alive and thus he feels the most alive out of anyone else in the game. I think it's unfortunate that this game and any other open world game are releasing after RDR2 because let me tell you, not one camp in this game compares to like quarter of RDR2's camp and its atmosphere. RDR2's world in how engrossing it is, is just on a whole other level and I think for me it's apparent why I never felt RDR2 to be slow paced because I enjoyed soaking in everything around me since so much of the world felt alive and breathing that's also due to the nature of the world itself having a bunch of unexpected, emerging moments throughout the game. Here, there is barely any of that BUT it is very awesome when you're taking out a marauder camp and then suddenly you find a big ass bear barging in followed by a horde of freaks and the entire place is just one big fucking mess. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it's a lot of fun.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with it and I will talk more about it in detail tomorrow(also will include the bugs I have encountered). However, there are issues with the game, big and small. Kudos though to Bend Studio for making their first massive fucking game. Going from Uncharted: Golden Abyss to Days Gone is quite something.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Based on everything I've read about Vince, this sounds like something that would 100% happen.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hey did you know breath of the wild is still good as shit? i restarted like two or three weeks ago and i'm still playing it. it is so relaxing to just explore.

i'm also writing a tourist's guide to hyrule at the same time because i'm a huge fucking nerd. i'm probably gonna do some landscape painting too.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I used the special setting in the mod called "Make this 2015 game look better than that new release that came out last week"... Weird name if you ask me but hey, it makes the game look great!
That already happened with a 2010 game:

For the hell of it, I felt like comparing both games' versions of Wellspring. All shots are 4K resized to 1920x1080. The RAGE 1 shots I took like 6 years ago.

Outside:
8929522250_e69405cea1_o.png

40891860803_ab4898a74f_o.png

Inside:

8929493852_00261066cb_o.png

40891860003_460fe2e5e3_o.png
#1,361

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, thankfully the game has three different auto-saves so I only lost a couple of minutes.

Also: don't lock me in a room and have a boring character tell me a boring story for minutes (!). I do not care about this character who I've seen once Rage 2. I don't want to listen to her. Don't do that.
Yupppppp. The story is soooooo non interesting and they love to talk and talk. also multiple times there is no audio when NPCs are talking to me. Then it will come back in.

I really hope Borderlands 3 doesn't fall into this trap. For as much as people complained about the humor in Borderlands 2, I think part of the reason it didn't bother me as much was that it rarely locked you down to wait for a particular NPC to finish talking, you were generally free to keep playing during the voiceover. But then the Pre-sequel came along with waaaay too many "wait for this character to finish their exposition before giving/receiving item X to progress" and it drove me crazy.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Borderlands 3 doesn't fall into this trap. For as much as people complained about the humor in Borderlands 2, I think part of the reason it didn't bother me as much was that it rarely locked you down to wait for a particular NPC to finish talking, you were generally free to keep playing during the voiceover. But then the Pre-sequel came along with waaaay too many "wait for this character to finish their exposition before giving/receiving item X to progress" and it drove me crazy.

Did you forget the quest that is literally just claptrap talking to you about his birthday?

Nov 2, 2017
Did you forget the quest that is literally just claptrap talking to you about his birthday?

Yup, I actually liked that quest. I'm a little more forgiving of it in a goofy one-off optional side quest where the whole joke revolves around nothing happening, than in the Pre-Sequel where from what I remember it felt like every other main story mission involved standing around waiting for someone to finish talking.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
#blitzpressions: Let me tell you the tale of the Vault Hunters.

So I played a little Tales from the Borderlands and WOW the production values here are nice. Not to mention, we have Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Patrick Warburton, and Chris Hardwick in the cast as well. And I knew that was Warburton as soon as Vasquez talked. Anyway I got through the initial chapter before Fiona's introduction. Rhys seems like a good character, great voice work from Baker as usual.

It's more of an interactive visual novel with some minor gameplay elements, very chill experience so far. Also the writing might be some of the best in a Borderlands game. Yeah this is pretty damn good, folks.

Got the season pass so I'll be enjoying all five episodes of TFTB. Also a nice Platinum trophy for playing every chapter so it's nice to not be restricted by choice. Telltale and Gearbox basically let you see the story through as you see fit. That's refreshing to see.

Anyways thanks for the recommendation GBEra. Much love from ya boy Blitz.

You're welcome. Best Telltale game, best Borderlands game, I hope BL3 doesn't sully its legacy.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Mario maker stream at a bad time for GBeast? Why wouldn't you have Dan on?

Sep 12, 2018
Yes I'd say so.

Very mild spoilers which can pretty much be determined from the trailer:
This is pretty much the movie where the dogs bite back. Although I like the fact that they subvert the notions of pitbulls being violent with John's just being an adorable, loving little thing that needs protecting.
Also some Rot13 for y'all because I can't contain myself:

Wbua Jvpx zheqref n qhqr jvgu n uneqonpx obbx va gur svefg 5 zvahgrf.

Status
Not open for further replies.