• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Dan Longman I think I will grab a Shield after all... Especially now that I've seen its emulation chops... Just sucks I bought a PI a bit over a month ago so can't return it lol... Oh well it could always be useful for something else later.
Sweet I'll have to look into more details about the server stuff. I currently run the server on a linux laptop and it's working fine but if I could save one more permantently connected and powered on device then that would be great.
The increased cost is definitely worth it, and I mainly use it for media; after dealing with a garbage Fire Stick for so long, the Shield is a delight. I even tried their streaming service (which has a lot of decent free games) and it worked way better than expected. About the server, have you considered getting a router that you could connect it to?
especially because I was doing the boss rush DLC when I stopped, and there's no way I can do the (third? fourth?) one I was attempting anymore since I was relying on muscle memory of very recent fights to barely survive as is... well, once I'm finally done Sekiro, I'll go back to it and try to finish things
I breezed through the first two stages of the Pantheon, then after getting stuck in the third for a while I looked up the list of bosses you have to fight, and peeked at the final one. Haven't picked up the game since, I was totally excited to get 112% but the final stage is just cruel and I don't know if I have the patience to attempt it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I breezed through the first two stages of the Pantheon, then after getting stuck in the third for a while I looked up the list of bosses you have to fight, and peeked at the final one. Haven't picked up the game since, I was totally excited to get 112% but the final stage is just cruel and I don't know if I have the patience to attempt it.

We were probably at the same place, then. The one I was on was the last one that was somewhat reasonable in scope- I remember that I managed to barely survive both Grimm and Zote the first time I reached them just due to the fact that I fought them recently enough that I could remember their patterns. And then kinda unceremoniously died against some technically less hard boss (though one that you had help for in the story, so...).

I have no interest in attempting the one (or two?) that's like "fight fucking everyone, including the hardest bosses in the game", that sounds like hell.

otherwise the only stuff I had left in the game was the last boss of Grimm Troupe + some of the actual final areas of the game, so it was not the best time to stop playing...

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
We were probably at the same place, then. The one I was on was the last one that was somewhat reasonable in scope- I remember that I managed to barely survive both Grimm and Zote the first time I reached them just due to the fact that I fought them recently enough that I could remember their patterns. And then kinda unceremoniously died against some technically less hard boss (though one that you had help for in the story, so...).

I have no interest in attempting the one (or two?) that's like "fight fucking everyone, including the hardest bosses in the game", that sounds like hell.

otherwise the only stuff I had left in the game was the last boss of Grimm Troupe + some of the actual final areas of the game, so it was not the best time to stop playing...
It's only the final one that is bullshit, the first four are 10 fights, the last one is 42.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
re: rorie

You_Were_The_Chosen_One.jpg

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...so I finally hit that part of last week's Beastcast where Abby said something that got bleeped, and I remember people were unsure at first whether it was something bad or a Game of Thrones thing

and... it's a little hard to hear over the laughing, but Vinny absolutely did say "I've got to cut that, that's a spoiler" right after lol

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Speechless.....

If someone could turn this into a fully-fledged X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and/or X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, would Dreams become an instant GOTY for Brad and Jeff?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I love Vinny's incredulousness over defaulting to eating in bowls... I'm with him on spaghetti, but I'm just making it for myself I'll go bowl out of laziness too

also I'm realizing I have no idea if a room being "the den" is a regional thing or not, because that's what my family calls it but I'm from around there so it's surprising that Jeff was the one that reacted, hmm

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I love Vinny's incredulousness over defaulting to eating in bowls... I'm with him on spaghetti, but I'm just making it for myself I'll go bowl out of laziness too

also I'm realizing I have no idea if a room being "the den" is a regional thing or not, because that's what my family calls it but I'm from around there so it's surprising that Jeff was the one that reacted, hmm
The bowl talk was like realizing I'm living in bizarro world and I'm actually the crazy one because I was with him on pretty much every point.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

That discussion made me realize that I pretty much never eat out of bowls but I don'T know why? It does sound a lot better lol

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
new AMD processors coming out in July are stupid awesome.
from tom's hardware:
Su has one more thing for us: the new Ryzen 9 family that comes with more than eight cores on the mainstream desktop. This chip houses a second core chiplet, which enables AMD to bring Ryzen 9 to the market.

The Ryzen 9 3900X comes with 12 cores 24 threads, a 4.6 GHz boost, 3.8 Ghz base, 70MB of cache, and a 105W TDP.

AMD put the Core i9-9920X, a $1,200 12C/12T processor, against the Ryzen 9 3900X, with AMD winning by 18%. AMD's processor pulled this feat off at 105W compared to Intel's 165W.

Su revealed that the Ryzen 7 3700X for $329, the Ryzen 7 3800X for $399, and Ryzen 9 3900X for $499, which is half the price of Intel's competing processor but the same performance.
I will be getting the 3900x as an upgrade from 2700x. super excited!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's pretty much just laziness and not cooking many actual meals, and when I do it's mostly things that would fit it better; I'd say Abby's rule is solid for me

though my family has some very shallow + wide bowls that are basically just plates with edges, and if I had a set of those myself I'd probably default to that more often than not? best of both worlds

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla 2014 was great and contained the exact amount of Godzilla as the rest of the Godzilla movies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
TBF do you remember any human character from the previous godzilla films.
Other than the ones from '54? I guess you're right.

But you'd hope that a new movie would improve on the weaker parts of the previous ones in the series, instead of just having a lot of the same flaws.

That HALO jump scene still look incredible
For real though, there are a ton of shots in that movie that are jawdropping. I often feel like watching it just to skip to the best scenes.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I took ATJ's character as the FPS view in a CoD game and Bryan Cranston was Soap McTavish.

Who is also the only character I know from a CoD game.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

Also, I'm looking forward to the Godzilla sequel but I'm not 100% sold on the cast...

On one hand you got Ken Watanabe, Vera Farmiga, Bradley Whitford and Charles Dance but on the other hand you got Millie Bobby Brown and Thomas Middleditch...

No reason to watch Godzilla 2014 when Shin Godzilla exists.

I just checked a video...why the fuck did they give Godzilla Googly eyes?

Also I imagine that the terrible looking special effects are meant as an homage to the old movies? It looks kinda cool

Last edited:

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm looking forward to the Godzilla sequel but I'm not 100% sold on the cast...

On one hand you got Ken Watanabe, Vera Farmiga, Bradley Whitford and Charles Dance but on the other hand you got Millie Bobby Brown and Thomas Middleditch...
There's only 4 cast members in that movie that'll matter.

Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Me, playing A Plague Tale: *comes across aqueduct we have to follow*
Hugo: Is that the acky-duck?
Me:
heart-attack.jpg

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
well, it's 2:30 in the morning, I ate a very late dinner and then played some more Zanki Zero, and then Dragalia gacha happened

time to get the fuck to sleep play another episode of Stories Untold

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Also I imagine that the terrible looking special effects are meant as an homage to the old movies? It looks kinda cool
Shin Godzilla is pretty cool. It's more of a tongue-in-cheek crisis management drama than an action movie. It's not really about Godzilla, but rather more of a commentary on bureaucracy. I haven't seen the originals, but it seems to be more faithful to the original concept of Godzilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.