• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That's basically what I mean. If that studio would've just been Empire/Castle/Siege Studios or whatever, they wouldn't force them into such a box.
I can already a see a sci-fi AoE in a few years lol

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The Evangelion #content drops have begun.

it's worth noting that this is actually an old podcast that they did a while back--they still plan to have some fresh Evangelion content out at some point presumably soon, but their plans aren't finalised yet.

EDIT: ah, they just announced that they're gonna be putting out a Waypoints episode next week with discussion of episodes three through seven! so if you're planning on watching along, that's the schedule i guess!

Dude, same here. And I don't know if this still exists, but if you were competing with a club, club ranking would come down to actually having a decent time on all variations of all tracks, which was a crazy amount. So I did that, too. It's so addictive to see that other, slightly better time dangled in front of you

yea i was in a car club with some people from a car forum/blog i used to spend time on. i wasn't as fussed about upping the club rating as i was getting the top time amongst the club members on the tracks i liked tho 😅

---

Q775CTy.png

oh and on Reach... i don't really agree? i like the campaign a whole bunch--it's one of my favourites in the series, in fact. sure, not all the emotional beats land as well as you'd like, but it still has that halo tone i love so much, and a bunch of really striking imagery. plus, you can make your own spartan to play as, and they don't gotta be a dude! wish they'd do that again...

i know a lot of people had issues with the multiplayer 'cause of armour lock or something, buuuuuut that's never been the main draw of the series for me anyway so hey ho

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at a point where Outer Wilds is actually kind of frustrating me? It's a bit of a dumb reaction but the "unguidedness" of the game is both is strongest and weakest point for me.

I have never felt a sense of exploration like the one we get in OW so that's really great but at the same time, having almost zero guidance kinda freaks me out personally...

I am, what I assume is, pretty far into the game but who can say really? lol

I ended up watching a video to find out how to do something specific and it led to me see an explanation on how to do a puzzle related to that and man... That puzzle solution looks just convoluted enough for me to not really wanting to bother lol.

That by itself is bothering me tho because I really love the game and I want to finish it!

Tldr: I have some weird connections in my brain that makes it difficult for me to enjoy nice stuff sometimes...

The video I looked up was for how to land on the Quantum Moon but then it also showed how to "get to the north pole tower" or whatever it was called and man that puzzle...

I guess maybe it looks overwhelming to me because I saw it while still missing a lot of pieces from the moon "mystery" at large so it was a lot to take in... Anyway...

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at a point where Outer Wilds is actually kind of frustrating me? It's a bit of a dumb reaction but the "unguidedness" of the game is both is strongest and weakest point for me.

I have never felt a sense of exploration like the one we get in OW so that's really great but at the same time, have almost zero guidance kinda freaks me out personally...

I ended up watching a video to find out how to do something specific and it led to me see an explanation on how to do a puzzle related to that and man... That puzzle solution looks just convoluted enough for me to not really wanting to bother lol.

That by itself is bothering me tho because I really love the game and I want to finish it!

Tldr: I have some weird connections in my brain that makes it difficult for me to enjoy nice stuff sometimes...

The video I looked up was for how to land on the Quantum Moon but then it also showed how to "get to the north pole tower" or whatever it was called and man that puzzle...

I guess maybe it looks overwhelming to because I saw it while still missing a lot of pieces from the moon "mystery" at large so it was a lot to take in... Anyway...

Spoilery stuff:

The Quantum Moon stuff is all entirely optional so it makes sense why they put it behind the most complex puzzle in the game. But honestly it's only complex because yo haven't explored enough and found the things the game put in to explain all the concepts. The Quantum Towers you find go over all of the things you need to understand to complete the puzzle and they really aren't that difficult to understand. For me, the thing that I didn't figure out was HOW to land on the Quantum Moon. Once I got on there I didn't have any issue. The game spells out all of the things you need to know:

- Needing to be at the north pole
- How being on/in a quantum object means you move with it
- How using pitch black and your flashlight will do the same thing as looking away/back toward a quantum object
- Understanding that the Quantum Moon orbits all the planets and how it takes on the characteristics of the planet (which ties into the end of the game)

There may be others that I'm not remembering.

Once you understand those basic concepts it's not a big leap to figure it out.

May 5, 2018
Cadence of Hyrule continues to be joy! Though I can't help but think about the developer Ludosity and their Zelda inspired games (the Ittle Dew games and they also made Slap City). You think they're pissed that Brace Yourself Games got this once in a lifetime moment to create a Zelda spin-off when they've been making games that are heavily inspired by that series? Ludosity even pitched Ittle Dew towards Nintendo as a Zelda game. Yet Ninty told them they could release the game as their own IP. I mean it's better than Nintendo Ninjas shutting a fan game down, but it still must sting they weren't chosen by Nintendo to do an official Zelda game.

Good for Brace Yourself Games though! On the flip side they had to be ecstatic that Nintendo gave them permission to use that license and remix tunes from the series.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I would recommend going back to the story board thing on your ship when feeling lost or wondering what to do. You can set up way points to specific things or it lets you know if you missed anything. It kinda makes clear what questions are still left to ask as well. In regards to your spoiler, I recall the story board laying out more or less exactly what you had to do and that part was actually fairly straight forward and not something I would consider a puzzle compared to some other things.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilery stuff:

The Quantum Moon stuff is all entirely optional so it makes sense why they put it behind the most complex puzzle in the game. But honestly it's only complex because yo haven't explored enough and found the things the game put in to explain all the concepts. The Quantum Towers you find go over all of the things you need to understand to complete the puzzle and they really aren't that difficult to understand. For me, the thing that I didn't figure out was HOW to land on the Quantum Moon. Once I got on there I didn't have any issue. The game spells out all of the things you need to know:

- Needing to be at the north pole
- How being on/in a quantum object means you move with it
- How using pitch black and your flashlight will do the same thing as looking away/back toward a quantum object
- Understanding that the Quantum Moon orbits all the planets and how it takes on the characteristics of the planet (which ties into the end of the game)

There may be others that I'm not remembering.

Once you understand those basic concepts it's not a big leap to figure it out.
Ah thanks for those infos and actually, learning that that specific stuff is optional makes me want to finish the game even more lol.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Played a few hours of CTR(Xbox One X) and can confirm that it's a lot of fun. It's extremely faithful to the original and I'm reliving a lot of good memories already.

The thing I dislike though is that it is 30FPS and not 60 despite me playing on the X. While it feels good to play, especially mechanically speaking much like the original, it's the first ACTIVE RELOAD game of its kind where it is all about power sliding and timing your boosts so that the momentum never stops. I still think 60FPS would have improved the experience. 60FPS just feel right for a racing game, especially one that is as speedy/hectic as CTR.

It is short though if you are just focusing on winning the main events and not going for the other collectibles. It turns into a great podcast game if you're after the CTR letters in each circuit or time trials.

For me it's this and Cadence of Hyrule. Hoping to finish off COH so that I return to A Plague Tale.

May 5, 2018
My Friend Pedro/Crash Team Racing day.

Judgement tomorrow
Honestly, this feels like the most packed June for major/quality releases in...years? As you mentioned there's My Friend Pedro, CTR and Judgement and I was talking about Cadence of Hyrule earlier. But also Bloodstained, Slay the Spire, Samurai Shodown, Super Mario Maker 2 and the collections for both Contra and the Mana series. Like...what the heck June!?

Last edited:

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cadence of Hyrule continues to be joy! Though I can't help but think about the developer Ludosity and their Zelda inspired games (the Ittle Dew games and they also made Slap City). You think they're pissed that Brace Yourself Games got this once in a lifetime moment to create a Zelda spin-off when they've been making games that are heavily inspired by that series? Ludosity even pitched Ittle Dew towards Nintendo as a Zelda game. Yet Ninty told them they could release the game as their own IP. I mean it's better than Nintendo Ninjas shutting a fan game down, but it still must sting they weren't chosen by Nintendo to do an official Zelda game.
I would think that when it comes to Nintendo giving their IP for someone else to use, "Crypt of the Necrodancer but Zelda" is a lot more interesting of a pitch than "Zelda but Zelda"

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I would think that when it comes to Nintendo giving their IP for someone else to use, "Crypt of the Necrodancer but Zelda" is a lot more interesting of a pitch than "Zelda but Zelda"
Same. There's no point in having an indie dev come in to make a Zelda game that just plays like normal Zelda. Nintendo can do that on their own.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Judgement is fully voiced?

One of the reasons I bounced off of Y0 is, despite loving the style, there are way too many walls of text to read through

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Booked tickets for Toy Story 4 on Sat. Man, I'm kind of baffled at all the positive impressions. I'm still super skeptical because the trilogy itself is perfect and 3 ended as perfect as it could get so...they better do some next level shit to justify 4's existence.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if Judgement is fully voiced?

One of the reasons I bounced off of Y0 is, despite loving the style, there are way too many walls of text to read through

I bounced off of BitE for the same reason, had so much trouble focusing for 2h to read subtitles.

Booked tickets for Toy Story 4 on Sat. Man, I'm kind of baffled at all the positive impressions. I'm still super skeptical because the trilogy itself is perfect and 3 ended as perfect as it could get so...they better do some next level shit to justify 4's existence.

I'm baffled as well. I haven't seen Toy Story 3, I've heard that it ended the trilogy on a good note, same as you, I don't see the need for 4 to exist.

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story is one of those movie franchise I enjoy bringing up in a "I have never watched" conversation just because nobody believes me.
Same with Rambo
Or Rocky

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There are kids who were born when The Matrix came out and has never seen it.

that shit is still so bizarre to me

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Toy Story is one of those movie franchise I enjoy bringing up in a "I have never watched" conversation just because nobody believes me.
Same with Rambo
Or Rocky
I mean, it's a good time. Perhaps, you just do not want a good time. However, what I like most about the trilogy especially in 2 and 3 is that they dive deeper into themes of existentialism and abandonment. Like on the surface, the films are just about talking toys but actually the themes it presents allows you to get on a much deeper level with it. It's very well done. Like, thematically they are way darker than they appear.

Like, this is a really fucked up sequence but very well done.

May 5, 2018
I mean, it's a good time. Perhaps, you just do not want a good time. However, what I like most about the trilogy especially in 2 and 3 is that they dive deeper into themes of existentialism and abandonment. Like on the surface, the films are just about talking toys but actually the themes it presents allows you to get on a much deeper level with it. It's very well done. Like, thematically they are way darker than they appear.

Like, this is a really fucked up sequence but very well done.

The Toy Story series is amazing. That sequence from 2 is one of the most emotionally tragic but exquisitely made sequences in animation. I too am wondering why Toy Story 4 needs to exist other than make Disney more cash. But reviews are incredibly positive so maybe the film is far better than what the trailers make it out to be.

I'm gonna feel bad for the How to Train Your Dragon Folks because back in 2010, the first movie could have won best animated feature if it weren't for Toy Story 3. Now 9 years later Toy Story 4 is probably gonna take the Academy Awards for best animated feature over the 3rd HTTYD movie.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck does he pull those numbers

waK5iub.png
I feel like big Twitch streamers and Youtubers are more about the zeitgeist than the content they put out.

People don't watch because of Ninja (it's not like there's a shortage of white guys playing Fortnite), they watch because everyone else is watching Ninja.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017

I have never felt a sense of exploration like the one we get in OW so that's really great but at the same time, having almost zero guidance kinda freaks me out personally...

I guess maybe it looks overwhelming to me because I saw it while still missing a lot of pieces from the moon "mystery" at large so it was a lot to take in... Anyway...

I feel like you just spoiled the best part of the game for yourself. The QM is easily the best "moment" of the game. The game pretty explicitly through the texts tells you exactly how to do it.yoy staer small with
lots of examples that things don't disappearif you look at them. And think about the tools you have.

I don't think I found anything in the game convoluted. Just look at your guide and if it says you have something to read there, go find and read it. The tips in the guide once you have all the information is usually very very specific and helpful.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I recall his viewership reaching over 100k last year. I guess Jeff was right on the bombcast.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm replaying Watch_Doge 2. I never finished it so I started over.

The scene where fake Jared Leto (Blume CTO) throat punches fake Jeff Bezos (Haum CEO) is now a top 10 moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.