• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This reminds me of a roommate I had in university that exclusively had frozen bag french fries as a meal most days of the week
Fries are good, but fries aren't a meal by themselves. Throw some chili and cheese on there or smother them in cheese curds and gravy and you got a meal. Or at least a better side dish.

Still, I could see how someone could end up in that mindset, at least in the US. Boxed scallop potatoes was a thing regularly served at home with bland salad and some sort of meatloaf or hamburger helper dish. It was all cheap meals that tasted the same and I'm sure I wasn't the only kid in the Midwest that ate similar meals every night.
Nah they prepped them normally, but at that point you've merely upgraded from frozen potato stick to mushy damp potato stick
Oh, so microwaved and not baked or fried?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a funny story... I just reset my old Square-Enix Account password to get access back... Looks like I already have a trial account for FF14 setup...ok cool...

I've been browsing the different official websites for the last 10min or so trying to find a download link!? Like they must have a launcher that you have to download to then download the actual game right? The fuck is that shit

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Pasta water is the secret ingredient making macaroni and cheese good. My household was fortunate to stumble into the secret only recently.

Like Bon Appetit's baked potato method, it's something I wish I knew my entire life 'cause it makes all the difference.
Here's a funny story... I just reset my old Square-Enix Account password to get access back... Looks like I already have a trial account for FF14 setup...ok cool...

I've been browsing the different official websites for the last 10min or so trying to find a download link!? Like they must have a launcher that you have to download to then download the actual game right? The fuck is that shit
Probably from here somewhere. I remember having a runaround when I tried it myself.

freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com

Play FINAL FANTASY XIV's Free Trial

Become the Warrior of Light, and fight to deliver the realm from certain destruction. Play the Free Trial up to level 70 for FREE with no restriction on playtime!

The trial client and full client are different, IIRC. So you'll have to redownload the real one you ever get the full game.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

Played some Gears 5. It's fun but it's also very much just more gears so...ZzZzZzZz. I really do not know what they could do to change and make it more interesting as a guy whose been following this series since its inception. Everything lies on the story & the SP set pieces now for me. I will say however that the arcade mode is refreshing because the dynamics that come out of it are really fun since it forces you to get accustomed to all of the weapons in the game. From 2 kills and above it gives you the option to purchase a weapon(it's random). It is engaging enough to make it very fun for me. As for ranked well, it is as Gears as Gears could get, Gnasher rules them all and I am a part of that problem lol.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i have like an upper limit of food appreciation but i fuckin' love variety, eating the same few meals would destroy me mentally. gotta eat all kindsa stuff

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, that's a pretty sad Mac and Cheese. Parmesan as the only cheese? Where's the cheddar? Gouda? Where's the flavor? It's just a bunch of milk and butter
Weird how Mac and cheese is barely even a thing in Ireland, which might explain my "eh looks bland" reaction.
Well this recipe is bland. There should be much more cheese, along with different varieties of cheese

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I've had pasta dishes that are basically that and are still some of the pasta dishes I've tasted in my life, so I'm absolutely not opposed.

But calling something Mac & Cheese comes with some expectations so I can see why people might complain.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I had pimento mac and cheese in Chicago and that was probably the best mac and cheese I've ever eaten. Oddly enough it was at a chicken place and encourages you to smother their deep fried chicken in honey butter. It was heavenly.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
Pasta water is the secret ingredient making macaroni and cheese good. My household was fortunate to stumble into the secret only recently.

Like Bon Appetit's baked potato method, it's something I wish I knew my entire life 'cause it makes all the difference.

Probably from here somewhere. I remember having a runaround when I tried it myself.

freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com

Play FINAL FANTASY XIV's Free Trial

Become the Warrior of Light, and fight to deliver the realm from certain destruction. Play the Free Trial up to level 70 for FREE with no restriction on playtime!

The trial client and full client are different, IIRC. So you'll have to redownload the real one you ever get the full game.
it really sucks that I can't do the trial cause I played the beta and bought the collectors ed when the game first came out pre ARR and played for like a month. and I dun wanna make a new account just to play the trial.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
it really sucks that I can't do the trial cause I played the beta and bought the collectors ed when the game first came out pre ARR and played for like a month. and I dun wanna make a new account just to play the trial.
Resubbing would be cheaper than making a new account and eventually buying the game, in any case.

But yeah, their account system is a disaster. I ended up with three accounts because of various shenanigans and quirks in how it works. Two of them are gone, but I can never use those emails again which is a bummer.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
Resubbing would be cheaper than making a new account and eventually buying the game, in any case.

But yeah, their account system is a disaster. I ended up with three accounts because of various shenanigans and quirks in how it works. Two of them are gone, but I can never use those emails again which is a bummer.
yeah I'll probably sub for a month sometime when I got some time lined up to check it out. But yeah it does suck they've been bad with this stuff the whole playonline thing you had to use for ff11 was crazy.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
My past THREE dualshock 4s have had bad analog stick drifting issues. Anyone else get this?
I bought 2 dualshock 4s, and the buttons keep sticking. It doesn't effect gameplay too much, but it feels bad, and makes the controllers feel cheap.

My new d-pad Switch joycon has already starting drifting, which makes me feel like it is just a system flaw.

No analog drifting PS4 controllers yet, but I imagine it will probably happen eventually like my PS3 controllers (boy, good PS3 controllers are way to hard to find , BTW)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the Digital Foundry Direct (their weekly show/podcast) and this is the most "Two nerds who clearly don't know how to interract together on camera" and I fucking LOVE IT haha... They are great

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and I'm in the second to last episode of Stranger Things S3 right now and it's so cool to see Cary Elwes again!