• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf Jeff has been openly critical of the supposed "objective" approach that Gamespot took to reviewing games. Like how he gave Super Mario Sunshine 80 and Majora's Mask 83 despite not liking those games at all.

This didn't stop with Gamespot though, Jeff gave Fallout 4 a 4/5 and then never stopped talking shit about it for years.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also Horizon, a 5/5 game that didn't come up during GOTY because "It was good enough to recommend to people but that doesn't mean I actually give a shit about it" or something.

Would love it if this wasn't a thing and we had a 1/5 RDR2 review from Jeff next to the 5/5 Alex one and stuff like that.

Sep 12, 2018
Also Horizon, a 5/5 game that didn't come up during GOTY because "It was good enough to recommend to people but that doesn't mean I actually give a shit about it" or something.

Would love it if this wasn't a thing and we had a 1/5 RDR2 review from Jeff next to the 5/5 Alex one and stuff like that.
I loved Red Dead 2 but I'd relish the furore if the Metacritic page for it had a 20/100 review from Jeff lmao.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Another revelation from the Beastcast that amazes me is that Abby hasn't seen Seven. She seems to bring up Fincher any time they are discussing movies, and to me Seven is still the definitive Fincher movie.

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
lS61C94.gif

Last edited:

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I got F1 2019 on PC DVD because it was cheaper than even the recent sale on Steam. What's wrong with the world, postage etc for a box with 4 DVDs and I just need the Steam code.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, posts with a quote from an ignored poster now show that there is a quote there instead of just being weird out-of-context posts.
I got F1 2019 on PC DVD because it was cheaper than even the recent sale on Steam. What's wrong with the world, postage etc for a box with 4 DVDs and I just need the Steam code.
Wow, it actually comes with the game on disc and not just a code?

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching The Hateful Eight because I'm finally seeing OUATIH tomorrow.

This movie is so much better and more underrated than Django.
Yeah I get why some people dislike it but I love that movie. I dunno about better than Django but it's up there for me

It's better than Pulp Fiction tho

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
This didn't stop with Gamespot though, Jeff gave Fallout 4 a 4/5 and then never stopped talking shit about it for years.

As much as I have always liked Jeff's frankness in a non-official-review setting, review scores have never not been total bullshit that often seem completely incongruous with their actual personal feelings about the thing because of how much they try to keep up some special mystique about "wearing the reviewer's cap" or whatever. People often give Jim Sterling a lot of shit but I appreciated how wildly he swung around the review scale when he used to write proper reviews, because it at least seemed so much more honest.

Like, whether review scores are an objective thing, or their personal feelings, seems to change from game to game. I remember Patrick once mentioning on a stream how much he loved Dragon's Dogma, and Brad quickly chimed in to remind him to reel it back it a bit because Patrick gave the game a 3/5. If you love the game, and a review is that reviewer's personal feelings, shouldn't you just say "fuck it" and give it a high score? I don't know. I guess that's the problem with reviews - not that each score is a reflection of the reviewer, but that every reviewer has a different idea of what a review even is.

Sep 12, 2018
Yeah I get why some people dislike it but I love that movie. I dunno about better than Django but it's up there for me

It's better than Pulp Fiction tho
I like Django but I feel like it's Tarantino's one attempt at a big straightforward crowd-pleaser and Basterds does the historical revenge fantasy in a more meaningful and surprising way.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
By the way, the new Killswitch Engage album is fucking killer. They have delivered on every release so far.

the duo with Howard Jones is so good.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
I really liked Hateful Eight, probably my second favorite Tarantino movie after Bastards. I enjoyed how much of it is in the cabin, reminded me of 12 Angry Men.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Hateful Eight, probably my second favorite Tarantino movie after Bastards. I enjoyed how much of it is in the cabin, reminded me of 12 Angry Men.
Seeing the roadshow version of Hateful Eight ruined The Revenant for me- I never felt colder in my life than I did in the theater for Hateful Eight, and The Revanent just came across as cheap when compared to it
It's also the only QT movie I haven't re-watched, just because I doubt my TV could do justice to what I saw in the theater

Sep 12, 2018
Best line in a Tarantino movie: "That's the problem with old men, you can kick them down the stairs and call it an accident but you can't just shoot 'em."

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Another revelation from the Beastcast that amazes me is that Abby hasn't seen Seven. She seems to bring up Fincher any time they are discussing movies, and to me Seven is still the definitive Fincher movie.

I honestly thought her not recognizing some stuff was a bit. Some sort of running gag about the ages of stuff.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully she didn't pick up the part where Alex spoiled the end of the movie before he realized she hadn't seen it lol

Btw.. At what time is the live Bombcast again? I keep forgetting... I'm home today so I'll be able to watch...

Last edited:

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Currently making my way through Metal Gear Scanlon (on Episode 5 of Snake Eater), and am loving the series. I've never played a Metal Gear game so I'm having a blast watching Dan and Drew make their way through the games.

One thing that's really standing out to me is how insanely intricate these games are. There's a million little things that just add to the detail, and it seems like every interaction is planned for. It reminds me of a Nintendo-like level of detail, and I think Dan does a great job of pointing out to Drew when he should do or try something to highlight those little moments.

That being said, Snake Eater is way more tedious so far. Hopefully it picks up!

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I think Abby knowing vaguely who Johnny-5 was, but not actually knowing what Short Circuit was or never actually seeing it is my "holy fuck I'm old" moment of the month

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I have only a couple of feats left in Miami but those Knox bastards keep barfing into trash cans instead of going to the bathroom like civilized people.

Do you need to get both or just one of them? I did all of Miami at launch so it's been a bit + haven't gone back for all new challenges. If it's just one, here's a very easy way...

did you know that putting rat poison in your eyes makes you barf