• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6NbXXVW.png

posters above aren't playing enough no man's sky

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft isn't going to greenlight any Double Fine games. They're going to greenlight Microsoft games.

They're gone, y'all.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft isn't going to greenlight any Double Fine games. They're going to greenlight Microsoft games.

They're gone, y'all.
Considering most DF games have pretty massive problems, I'm totally OK with this.

But real talk, I think MS is smart enough not to buy a studio that makes a very specific style of game and tell them to work on generic updates for Forza.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Buckley had one of the all-time great voices. I've just been getting into his stuff lately.

Last edited:

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Yeah, DoubleFine have always been a studio with charming art and great ideas, but games that mostly just aren't much fun to play. The DFA documentary really showed how unfocused their development process can be, so they might benefit from having a studio overseeing them and helping them to put out a solid, polished final product instead of a bundle of half-baked cool ideas.

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed my post was edited in the Ion Maiden thread (ok it's because I got a notification) you'd expect it to be kept around so people don't do the same "maybe it was an isolated incident and they aren't like this??!!" song and dance that happens in these types of threads all the time.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know why but I woke up yesterday with the idea of watching the whole run of ER????...

Jeez they made 15 seasons of that show huh?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Out and about today, forgot it was tax free weekend here. Saw people buying multiple TVs like it's Black Friday. I don't think I've ever used this holiday.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't know why but I woke up yesterday with the idea of watching the whole run of ER????...

Jeez they made 15 seasons of that show huh?
That second sentence was not where I thought you were going with that first one.

But the only part of ER that stuck in my brain is that helicopter bit.

Out and about today, forgot it was tax free weekend here. Saw people buying multiple TVs like it's Black Friday. I don't think I've ever used this holiday.
Let me tell you something people hate on tax-free sales days in electronics retail:

They still have to pay the environmental fees on things.

I've never seen so many people go red in the face on $40 for a $1000 TV.

Wait...what? Where do you live? I have never heard of that!
Not sure where Elite is, but here in Ontario, Loblaws and its subsidiaries (of which there are many) get a day on the weekend every couple months where everything is tax-free. I believe it's meant to be the retail equivalent of Can-con in media where they want to elevate Canadian-owned business or some shit, but I bet there's something really scummy at the core.

Nonetheless, they are great days for buying pricey items like big electronics and whatnot.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I started watching ER from the beginning a while ago, it's really good. It's got a really solid, watchable pace and some entertaining characters. Storylines can be a bit dated at times, but it does try to have some good arcs.

Dropped off in season... uhh.. 5(??) some months ago. I should really get back to it.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Man, what a day.

Helped my friend move in
Did a fantasy football draft
Drove another friend home
Finally got home
Time to chill

Hope y'all are having a wonderful evening.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

...is that this weekend?

it's probably not worth it, but I'm gonna need to buy a new TV when I'm no longer living with my current roommate, so it miiiight be worth looking into, hmm

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Sinder isn't here to back me up on this since he got perm'd, but in lieu of Ion Fury, if you want a great throwback shooter that isn't made by bigots, I must echo again that you look into DUSK. It does some tremendous things with creative level design and fun weapons. I just now finally beat the thing and some of the last few levels, despite their grimy look, are absolutely the best in this type of shooter. One in particular feels like it is a B-side from Titanfall 2.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This has been a crazy good week for games. Eliza and Dicey Dungeons are definitely gonna be in my top 10 for the year. And I'll probably get Anodyne 2 at some point.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should I get Resident Evil 2 (PS4) or Fire Emblem (even though I have stick drift, also I have never played an FE game)?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey Megasoum I picked up that game, Apsulov, End of Gods seems decent so far.
Not amazing but it's decent. I played on the default difficulty and has ton of hiding from monsters I wonder if no death setting would have removed that. Not a fan of that high tension stuff but it's good!

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I get Resident Evil 2 (PS4) or Fire Emblem (even though I have stick drift, also I have never played an FE game)?
This is my first time playing a Fire Emblem game and I am loving it. Don't think stick drift is gonna interfere with you too much in a turn based game.

RE2 is also really good though so you can't go wrong here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yeah like seriously i spent 60 hours on one FE compaign and i'm probably going to dive in again (probably only take 30 hrs this time but still)

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Dan asking Jeff on the PS Underground Volume 1 Issue 1 Demo Derby "Is Dynasty Warriors better than Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi?" when they played Dynasty Warriors on that disc. Apparently according to the science a few days ago...

Its much worse. How on Earth can science back up the fact that there are 24 worse fighting games than Star Wars?
It's fake science. The lead senior scientist wasn't involved.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
God, I am so behind on #content I think I'm just going to stick to the QLs and series I want to follow and just bail on everything else.

Been a busy week. Last game I played was Judgment or possibly Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I still need to finish Youngblood but I'm waiting for that patch. Probably going to buy Control also because it's been my most anticipated game of the year.

Anyways, we're down to the last day of vacation before I start my new job. Things are changing, I'm not gonna be able to watch as much live content but I'm gonna watch what I think is worth my time.