• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
The open world definitely ruined it. Anything that isn't the on foot combat shouldn't exist. The vehicular combat is fine but bizarrely enough rarely used? Outside the optional convoys and the first 5 minutes of the final mission I don't remember anything else making use of it.

Yeah the driving is so abysmal I started walking from objective to objective. The open world is literally like a list of stuff to do, one of the most pointless ever.

But then you get into a combat scenario and you're jumping around, force pushing people and blowing their legs off with that shotgun and it's so fun! But then you have to go back to the terrible driving. It's like if in Doom 2016 you had to do a Sudoku before you could shoot demons

Sep 12, 2018
Nothing like getting home, turning on my computer and listening to the last monstrosity Jeff played on Spotify.

(I might have actually added this to his playlist though, I do recall typing Fortnite ASMR into Spotify)

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Has there ever been an open world game that isn't just a list of stuff to do.

I think the best open worlds are proper settings for the game, with genuine secrets you can find, stuff going on all the time or that you can move around in a fun way. Rage 2 is basically a desert with objective markers, and it's not a place where the gameplay thrives

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Today feels too much like a Friday. Was about to load up the GB and listen to the Beastcast and then got sad that it's still only Thursday.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw the Preshow where Dan thinks Abby is wearing a Michael Jackson shirt. For some reason, I, as someone who doesn't really know about Bjork apart from her name, had been confusing her with Sinead O'Connor and thought Bjork was that one lady that had torn a picture of the Pope on SNL

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is everyone?
BWPKEtU_d.jpg

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, that new Monster Hunter trailer is hype. I bet Jason is happy.

I hope we get more multiplayer videos when Iceborne launches, but I'm not holding my breath.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, that new Monster Hunter trailer is hype. I bet Jason is happy.

I hope we get more multiplayer videos when Iceborne launches, but I'm not holding my breath.
I really liked my time with Monster Hunter on the PS4 even if I never finished it. I'd be open to go back to it via the PC version but the lag with the console version fucking sucks.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked my time with Monster Hunter on the PS4 even if I never finished it. I'd be open to go back to it via the PC version but the lag with the console version fucking sucks.
If you've got a beefy enough PC then you should totally get back to it on that. You get 60 fps, hi-res texture packs, mods, free online play, the works. And right now the PC version has all of the exact same content that the console versions have, so until Iceborne comes out you aren't missing anything.

Also it seems like it's constantly on sale somewhere, which is a huge plus. I would've switched over if I didn't have to start over.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a lot of hype surrounding Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 during E3? I remember people saying it looks more promising than the Avengers game. They just waved it off during the Bombcast. And then those WoW Classic takes, oh boy.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a lot of hype surrounding Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 during E3? I remember people saying it looks more promising than the Avengers game. They just waved it off during the Bombcast. And then those WoW Classic takes, oh boy.
You don't come to the Bombcast if you aren't ready for some out there hot takes about games that tons of people other than them like (see, e.g. "Borderlands 3 should be more like Destiny").

Also MUA3 looked better than Avengers because we actually saw gameplay and the characters didn't look like stunt doubles.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
It wasn't hype but more like "oh wow, who would have thought? that Ultimate Alliance game looks more appealing than whatever this Square Enix Avengers game is".

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Ultimate Alliance falls under their "another one of those" umbrella even if the last game came out lord knows how many years ago.

It wasn't hype but more like "oh wow, who would have thought? that Ultimate Alliance game looks more appealing than whatever this Square Enix Avengers game is".
It actually does look really great, and the roster is so much better than I think anyone expected when the game was announced.