• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can justify picking up Fire Emblem, Ultimate Alliance, and Youngblood over the next couple of weeks, I need to pick one of them to purchase and i'm torn. I guess Youngblood would probably last the least amount of time.
if renting is an option I'd rent youngblood. And wait on Marvel since it's more likely to go on sale sooner than Fire Emblem

Oct 25, 2017
Do you folks feel good when you buy something expensive? I honestly need to know.
Every time I buy something that costs more than like 150€ I feel like shit. I just bought a 2070 super and I honestly feel like fucking garbage.
I can never be excited about buying cool shit cause all I think about is "man, that's so much fucking money" and it's not even like I can't afford it or anything.
I feel like everybody is like "Fucking sweet, I bought the new iPhone" and here I am, wanting to punch myself in the face for spending money on something I want.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that one of the services we use at work has a 3 days long Summit in SF in September (I have no fucking clue what they can do for 3 whole days talking about that specific service but anyway).... This is fucking amazing, on their summit website they even provide email templates to convince your boss that you should go lmao... I just used the template and filled it like a mad lib before sending it to my boss.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Do you folks feel good when you buy something expensive? I honestly need to know.
Every time I buy something that costs more than like 150€ I feel like shit. I just bought a 2070 super and I honestly feel like fucking garbage.
I can never be excited about buying cool shit cause all I think about is "man, that's so much fucking money" and it's not even like I can't afford it or anything.
I feel like everybody is like "Fucking sweet, I bought the new iPhone" and here I am, wanting to punch myself in the face for spending money on something I want.

Same position. Also ordered a 2070 Super and right after I ordered it I went from "Excited" to "Why did I blow out so much fucking money just now?"

I will probably miserably for a week when I buy me a new TV later this year.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

I don't feel like shit but i definetly know the ambivalence of getting something cool and being aprehensive about how much it costs.

The only money i have little qualms about spending is for travel.

Oct 25, 2017
Any sketchy loli shit in Fire Emblem: Three Houses or nah?
T
Based on a cursory glance it looks like there is a "significantly older than she appears" type character but it doesn't necessarily look like you can romance her up so you know whatever your tolerance what that ends up being I guess, I don't know.
There doesn't seem to be a Nowi equivalent
Nowi reference
qqWrIGu.jpg

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yes but for things over $50.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably for the best that I still have Into the Breach and Valkyria Chronicles to hit my tactical RPG fix since Wargroove was weirdly disappointing.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the time. I still have not recovered from buying an OLED TV. Always scared about money.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At least with Apple the range in general is quality throughout.

Meanwhile the Android market is a complete crapshoot as far as tablets go. And the good ones are at the range of an iPad anyway so why would I want to pay the same price for a worse app ecosystem.

Also the apple pencil is pretty amazing that has really no competition in the tablet space.

I too, prefer my ipad mini over the slow Samsung tablet I used to have. My dad was the opposite though. Combined money with my siblings to get him an ipad, but he still preferred his android tablet because of the expandable memory through SD cards.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
My perception of money is all fucked. I buy these games realizing I can make the money back easily but also realize I could've saved the money.

All I have really is my rent and car payments but I feel like I'm managing.

I really do need to move out and gain some independence though. All in due time.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Dan: "wavebird is the best controller ever"
5 seconds later
Dan: "wavebird is the best controller for its time"

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ok,I'm sure it's because I'm currently running on less than 4 hours of sleep but I am finding this way too funny right now

wWc9N05.jpg

Sep 12, 2018
I'm a couple of weeks away from getting an i9 CPU and an RTX card, I'll tell you then.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I built a PC the weekend of Wrestlemania, because I was hyped for Death Stranding and WoW Classic this year. 2070, i7 9700k, lots of good deals and sales
Felt guilty, sold it on eBay a month ago for a bit of a profit. I couldnt justify keeping it for an mmo and a game not officially announced a release date for PC.

Currently in the process of trying to sell an X1X I bought a month before the PC and my PS4Pro before the market crashes because of new console hype

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Dan: "wavebird is the best controller ever"
5 seconds later
Dan: "wavebird is the best controller for its time"
I usually like Dan's antics but when he pulls stuff like this with the utmost lack of foresight and needing to backtrack on it the second after he says it just really chaps my ass. Come on Dan!

Not when I buy it, but being in a pretty poor family I'd feel guilty about things I'd get from relatives. During the hype period of Halo 2 I recall my mom willing to get me an Xbox for it, but I turned it down because it wouldn't sit right with me.

Now spending my own disposable income? HELL YEAH BABY USE IT OR LOSE IT

aepwo61.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I just found out that one of the services we use at work has a 3 days long Summit in SF in September (I have no fucking clue what they can do for 3 whole days talking about that specific service but anyway).... This is fucking amazing, on their summit website they even provide email templates to convince your boss that you should go lmao... I just used the template and filled it like a mad lib before sending it to my boss.
if its anything like dreamforce you'll just be spending a few hours at conferences and then the rest of the time drinking/sleeping with other horny corporate folk

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna get Ultimate Alliance 3 but it comes out only a week before FE so I know it'd be a waste of money (subject to change if reviews are really good and the hype gets me)

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you use one does that make it an Inside job?

2537622-creepydrew.gif

Someone mentioned INSIDE on twitter and then I remembered "oh right. Didnt they take preorders for a Official INSIDE fleshlight but they where keeping it a secret? I wonder what those look like" and then I googled "Inside Fleshlight" and OH NO DO NOT DO THAT.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
just finally finished the beastcast and it sounds like they won't be doing the Doomsday heist. ah well.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Same position. Also ordered a 2070 Super and right after I ordered it I went from "Excited" to "Why did I blow out so much fucking money just now?"

I will probably miserably for a week when I buy me a new TV later this year.

It could be worse. You could have just bought an RTX2070 2 months ago.

( ._.)

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i started playing kerbal again because it's really good.

On my third orbital attempt without looking anything up I got my kerbal stuck in sub-orbital but only losing like 300m of periapsis at a time so he had to revolve around the earth like 7 times before the air drag got low enough to bring them back to kerbin. The timespeed maxes out at 4x too when you're below 80,000m off the ground so I was there for a literal half-hour trying to save Jeb.