• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 27, 2017
I read half of the first witcher short story collection yesterday and i think i'm all in on liking the witcher now? at first i was reading it because it's shlocky and light but i'm kinda into it???? help??????
ITS GREAT but keep in mind the other novels aren't really like the short story collection. More politics less Geralt stuff. Way more Ciri.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah? What about the other short story collection?
Are the novels still good? I have em all ready on my kindle
Gonna try play Witcher 3 again I guess...
I haven't read them all but I read the first three or four. The short story collections are more game Witcher feeling, but the novels are just a little dense and a little dry. They're well liked though so it's worth giving them a shot

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
by the by I'm now reading the second star wars aftermath book and the characters and style remind me of bioware (david gaider) in all the best ways

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Has he done anything since Inquisition? I know he left Bioware at one point...
he was at beamdog for a couple of years, but that might have been in more of a consulting position IIRC

not sure what he's up to now

Edit:
I just remembered that he worked on anthem for a period
The story started changing drastically, too. In early 2015, veteran Dragon Age writer David Gaider moved over to Anthem, and his version of the story looked a lot different than the ideas with which they'd been experimenting for the past few years. Gaider's style was traditional BioWare—big, complicated villains; ancient alien artifacts; and so on—which rankled some of the developers who were hoping for something more subtle. "There was a lot of resistance from the team who just didn't want to see a sci-fi Dragon Age, I guess," said one developer. Added a second: "A lot of people were like, 'Why are we telling the same story? Let's do something different.'"

When asked for comment on this, Gaider said in an email that when he'd started on the project, Anthem design director Preston Watamaniuk had pushed him in a "science-fantasy" direction. "I was fine with that, as fantasy is more my comfort zone anyhow, but it was clear from the outset that there was a lot of opposition to the change from the rest of the team," he said. "Maybe they assumed the idea for it came from me, I'm not sure, but comments like 'it's very Dragon Age' kept coming up regarding any of the work me or my team did... and not in a complimentary manner. There were a lot of people who wanted a say over Anthem's story, and kept articulating a desire to do something 'different' without really being clear on what that was outside of it just not being anything BioWare had done before (which was, apparently, a bad thing?). From my perspective, it was rather frustrating."

Gaider left BioWare in early 2016—"As time passed, I didn't feel keen to play the game that I was working on," he told me—which led to new writers for Anthem and a total story reboot. This led to even more chaos. "As you can imagine, writing for BioWare sets the foundation for all the games," said one developer. "When writing is unsure of what it's doing, it causes a lot of destruction to a lot of departments."

Last edited:

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
5577.png

PIMP MY RIDE

May 5, 2018
Hey guys, my brother made an awesome Metal Gear Solid themed Mario level in SMM2. Its called Metal Goomba Solid and here's the Course ID: V7L-H3D-QNF. It has some great stealth mechanics and references in his level. No psycho mantis, but the spirit of MGS is there.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Now that dan and Bianca's podcast had sorry morphed into an anime podcast we need someone from the crew to start a bon appetit podcast.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Post it in the Will Smith or Underlords OT then.

Sorry, I should've posted this in the "complaining about off-topic posts" OT. I apologise.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
do any of y'all think that they should skip podcast days if there's not much to talk about? Sometimes it feels like both coasts phone it in during these light news months.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine Abbey will limit the poop emails to one...maybe (number) two. She is usually very good at curating the emails for the podcast.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeeeh.

Honestly the beastcast had the worst emails section on either podcast.

The aftermath is actually the best email podcast.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Both podcasts are at their best when off-topic imo. Last week's Beastcast was absolute gold.

The off-topic stuff is fun but I like the news section the best because I like hearing their thoughts on the latest news. Idk just seems like there won't be much to talk about until the Fall when the big games start coming out (such as Gears 5, Death Stranding, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc).