• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you gave me a CD right now and said I had to play it within 10 minutes or I would die, just call the undertaker and dig me a grave.

My Ps4 is the only thing I still have that accepts discs and that thing doesnt play CD's.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing FFXIV as a podcast game and it's pretty good so far - way better presentation than WoW in terms of music, cutscenes, and all that. Does the combat ever get good though? I went THM and it's slooooow at level 9

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Man, MUA 3 is frantic as fuck

There's so much going on at once.
1372456973269.gif

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing FFXIV as a podcast game and it's pretty good so far - way better presentation than WoW in terms of music, cutscenes, and all that. Does the combat ever get good though? I went THM and it's slooooow at level 9
Singleplayer content is really simple, it really shines in party content (trials/dungeons/raids), but even then the ARR versions are basically training for what you'll face in the expansions. They start pretty simple and ramp up complexity as you go through them, so if you're a veteran MMO player it will probably seem like old hat for the most part.

Tbh I kinda like how slowly FFXIV ramps up difficulty because for new players, even simple dungeons are pretty scary. It does a good job training you to play your role.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Singleplayer content is really simple, it really shines in party content (trials/dungeons/raids), but even then the ARR versions are basically training for what you'll face in the expansions. They start pretty simple and ramp up complexity as you go through them, so if you're a veteran MMO player it will probably seem like old hat for the most part.

Tbh I kinda like how slowly FFXIV ramps up difficulty because for new players, even simple dungeons are pretty scary. It does a good job training you to play your role.
They do this to the extent that there's a bunch of little single-player training mini-dungeons you can do in the early levels that effectively just teach you your role and what you should be doing when you have teammates in a big encounter. It's got some serious training wheels for people who want that.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
They do this to the extent that there's a bunch of little single-player training mini-dungeons you can do in the early levels that effectively just teach you your role and what you should be doing when you have teammates in a big encounter. It's got some serious training wheels for people who want that.
Oh that reminds me, forgot about duties or w/e, also. They're multiplayer microdungeons designed to teach everyone a single mechanic.

It does a lot to make sure everyone is up to par.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that reminds me, forgot about duties or w/e, also. They're multiplayer microdungeons designed to teach everyone a single mechanic.

It does a lot to make sure everyone is up to par.

Good to hear! I did a good amount of raiding in my WoW days so I don't have any issues with staying out of the fire and all that, I'm just hoping that combat either speeds up a bit (that GCD is.. pretty slow) or increases in complexity. I'll wait it out since I'm enjoying everything else

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It'll take like another 40 levels for the combat to be good imo.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this new twitter is fucking awful

is there a way to switch back? or an extension?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bored so I'm playing testing GEAR5 OF MORE.

Levelling up crafting/gathering in FFXIV is draining, I need some carnage to fuel my work. I'm working to disrupt the market on a single item on my FFXIV server, so I can more easily get a cool-ass weapon.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
#Blitzpressions: There's No I in Team but there is an I in Nintendo (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order)
D_4ztYpVUAIk5cv.jpg:large

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for the Nintendo Switch is a completely new game in the Ultimate Alliance franchise. It's developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo (duh). Well how is it you ask? Let's get to the impressions. The Blitzpressions.

As someone who have played the Ultimate Alliance games, this feels just like the old ones. This review is for the Handheld performance which well is fine but has a few hiccups. Let's start with some positives.

MUA3 has some pretty great cutscenes, the animations are well done and rival the quality of current Marvel animated features, the voice acting and writing are solid. The story so far has been a decent romp and take on the Marvel universe. The guy they got for Nick Fury is a pretty good Sam Jackson soundalike. The menus are well coordinated but MAN, THERE IS A LOT TO DIGEST WITH THIS GAME.

So as you fight waves of bad guys and boss battles, your characters will level up. You use one menu to level up characters, another sub menu to upgrade skills. They're cohesive. Each character has different skills and abilities, you can combo abilities together to create stronger attacks. The thing is THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH GOING ON. You have a side bar telling you to do this and that and while you're looking at the side bar, there's like 10 dudes on screen attacking your heroes. It's a manic energy that you learn to control over time.

And oh yes, there's puzzle elements. Jump through laser grids, navigate through a maze of doors with button combos to knock down forcefields. Make sure to scavenge the entire map for XP boosters which take the form of orbs and or gems. These will help your characters level up quicker. Once you reach Level 10, you'll unlock a 2nd ability. The abilities are used by using a button prompt followed by a trigger press. The combo systems are not the most fluid but once you get it down, you'll be spamming it.

I will completely honest, most of these levels are just navigating through various combat arenas, rinse repeat but they sprinkle in some puzzle elements but also have some pretty great boss battles. There's a stun mechanic to some enemies where you need to break down their stun meter before you can whittle their health down. I don't care for the system much but it's adds an element of strategy. I'm currently on the 2nd level of the main campaign. Checkpointing is pretty generous, all the Marvel heroes play differently and if you're playing solo, just use the directional pad to switch between characters to enjoy all the characters during your playthrough.

So my early impressions are this is a solid game for any Marvel fan. The cast of characters is pretty great, the story and cutscenes are great quality so far. Gameplay is fine but similar. The only major qualms here are that the graphics in handheld mode are not great, they're like N64 quality but that's a given. The graphics look a little blurry and jagged but that's in game. Character models are solid in menu though.

Unless you're absolutely a fan of Marvel and the Ultimate Alliance franchise, you could probably wait for this one.

J_Viper

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not judging Vinny but I feel like that David Hayter fight was nowhere near as difficult as it is for him in the video lol

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
#Blitzpressions: There's No I in Team but there is an I in Nintendo (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for the Nintendo Switch is a completely new game in the Ultimate Alliance franchise. It's developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo (duh). Well how is it you ask? Let's get to the impressions. The Blitzpressions.

As someone who have played the Ultimate Alliance games, this feels just like the old ones. This review is for the Handheld performance which well is fine but has a few hiccups. Let's start with some positives.

MUA3 has some pretty great cutscenes, the animations are well done and rival the quality of current Marvel animated features, the voice acting and writing are solid. The story so far has been a decent romp and take on the Marvel universe. The guy they got for Nick Fury is a pretty good Sam Jackson soundalike. The menus are well coordinated but MAN, THERE IS A LOT TO DIGEST WITH THIS GAME.

So as you fight waves of bad guys and boss battles, your characters will level up. You use one menu to level up characters, another sub menu to upgrade skills. They're cohesive. Each character has different skills and abilities, you can combo abilities together to create stronger attacks. The thing is THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH GOING ON. You have a side bar telling you to do this and that and while you're looking at the side bar, there's like 10 dudes on screen attacking your heroes. It's a manic energy that you learn to control over time.

And oh yes, there's puzzle elements. Jump through laser grids, navigate through a maze of doors with button combos to knock down forcefields. Make sure to scavenge the entire map for XP boosters which take the form of orbs and or gems. These will help your characters level up quicker. Once you reach Level 10, you'll unlock a 2nd ability. The abilities are used by using a button prompt followed by a trigger press. The combo systems are not the most fluid but once you get it down, you'll be spamming it.

I will completely honest, most of these levels are just navigating through various combat arenas, rinse repeat but they sprinkle in some puzzle elements but also have some pretty great boss battles. There's a stun mechanic to some enemies where you need to break down their stun meter before you can whittle their health down. I don't care for the system much but it's adds an element of strategy. I'm currently on the 2nd level of the main campaign. Checkpointing is pretty generous, all the Marvel heroes play differently and if you're playing solo, just use the directional pad to switch between characters to enjoy all the characters during your playthrough.

So my early impressions are this is a solid game for any Marvel fan. The cast of characters is pretty great, the story and cutscenes are great quality so far. Gameplay is fine but similar. The only major qualms here are that the graphics in handheld mode are not great, they're like N64 quality but that's a given. The graphics look a little blurry and jagged but that's in game. Character models are solid in menu though.

Unless you're absolutely a fan of Marvel and the Ultimate Alliance franchise, you could probably wait for this one.

J_Viper
nice sounds like an MCA game

I always equated the series to something like dynasty warriors but with marvel characters

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

J_Viper
Thanks for the great write up!! Sounds like it's decent, but mostly gets by on fan service, not stellar gameplay

Maybe I'll play through the Lego Marvel games first while I wait for a price drop (which may not be so soon since it's an exclusive)

I also have the Xbone versions of the first two that I'd be down to replay

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
MarMak has to go back to the library so here is my final level!!
it's a simple level centered around the only MarMech (mario mechanic) I fully understand and can do well, swinging

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
I'm so excited that they are playing bloodstained. I love Abby and I think she is a perfect edition to the beast coast but I really didn't like sea of beasts. I wish Abby would be more involved in the vinnyvanie content.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got Wolfenstein Youngblood and Control for $40 total

Gotta love the BST thread and graphics card bundles :)

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Blitzpressions: There's No I in Team but there is an I in Nintendo (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order)
tyty

seems like a good sale or library borrow game for me
I'm not judging Vinny but I feel like that David Hayter fight was nowhere near as difficult as it is for him in the video lol
I haven't seen the vid but I also had a bad time with it, the first time I beat him I died on my way back to the save room...
granted, I'm also bad at these games lol

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also super happy that they are playing Bloodstained! I haven't watched anything from the east in a good bit so I'm also happy I have a series from them to look forward to as well!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodstained wins the "Hella ugliest game of the year" award. It's lightyears away from the functional--and beautiful--style of something like Timespinner.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there was a zombie apocalypse and you discovered a way to cure the zombies and fully restore their humanity, would you use it? The catch is that the cured people would remember everything they did when they were zombies. All of the sickness and pain and killing and eating brains. Every last detail.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
If there was a zombie apocalypse and you discovered a way to cure the zombies and fully restore their humanity, would you use it? The catch is that the cured people would remember everything they did when they were zombies. All of the sickness and pain and killing and eating brains. Every last detail.
why wouldn't you use it? other wise you'd have to kill them and someone could get infected again.