• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 25, 2017
Elite Dangerous is the most "cool on paper" game I've ever played.
It's so amazing....until you figure out that every star system is basically the same and you can have pretty much the same experience whether you stay in one system or fly from one end of the galaxy to another.
I'm sure Multiplayer is completely different and how the game is supposed to be played but....I just want a modern Freelancer okay? I just want a really good looking space game with like 30 system that all have a purpose and an identity and that are memorable. Give me that and I will buy it.

Freelancer was so fucking good.

May 30, 2018
First thing I thought when I saw that merger was CBS Interactive. I wonder if there are going to be cuts...

this is silly to even be talking about, but in the theoretical timeline where CBSi stuff was cut, is it possible Jeff owns the Giant Bomb brand and would be able to take it with him, a la Hitman IOI / Warner stuff? he seems like the kind of person who would have a plan for an outcome like that given what's happened to him in the past. i have to imagine when they came back to CBS there were stipulations in place.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It's so amazing....until you figure out that every star system is basically the same and you can have pretty much the same experience whether you stay in one system or fly from one end of the galaxy to another.
I'm sure Multiplayer is completely different and how the game is supposed to be played but....I just want a modern Freelancer okay? I just want a really good looking space game with like 30 system that all have a purpose and an identity and that are memorable. Give me that and I will buy it.

Yeah... I played probably 50-60 hours of Elite... Mostly with my friend (we played in private mode together so no pvp grieving)... It's almost "too" open ended which is fine for people who wants that but yeah, you basically have to make your own goals.

For me it was to get an Imperial Corvette or whatever that thing is called (the giant Imperial ship)... I got that and an Anaconda and both upgraded them and then I stopped playing lol.

It was fun to slowly go up the ladder and get bigger and bigger ships until I unlocked the really big and cool ones I wanted but then I didn't have anything else to do.

It's a ton of cool gameplay systems with not much holding them together.

Which is why I'm really looking forward to starting RGO today (I wish it had big ships tho)

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
this is silly to even be talking about, but in the theoretical timeline where CBSi stuff was cut, is it possible Jeff owns the Giant Bomb brand and would be able to take it with him, a la Hitman IOI / Warner stuff? he seems like the kind of person who would have a plan for an outcome like that given what's happened to him in the past. i have to imagine when they came back to CBS there were stipulations in place.

I assume he owns the brand.

But he can't maintain two offices in San Francisco and New York.

Obviously he can sell it and operate it with some other big company but I doubt it would be a clean switch.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I've got problems with the inherent FOMO of fortnite's time limited shop (something that apex also has, albeit with items available for much longer periods) but going from a handful of items in the shop last event to this new event being $7 lootboxes with the ultimate "reward" being "allowed" to spend like $30 on a melee weapon for one character (and you need to spend $100+ for that) is so out there and unexpected I can't help but laugh

doesn't help that apex still has like three good legendary skins in the whole game

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
CBS Interactive owns last.fm. Ouch.

The most "mainstream" thing they have aside from CBS websites is like Metacritic (and how relevant is it these days outside of gaming? Rottentomatoes and IMDb seems to be what people use).

Anyway, I'm going through a rabbit hole. Help.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
keep an eye out for the uss gerstmann in the next star trek movie

EDIT:

also as a british person the entire snucker thing makes me very uncomfortable every time i hear them say it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
snooker was my favorite jersey shore character (??)
Just because you say it like Pauly D did in S1 doesn't mean it's snooker! Snooks is probably the MVP best character in JS next to Single Ronnie, but Single Ronnie lasted SO briefly. Whenever you get a glimpse its like looking at the sun. If we got Single Ron we'd go blind with extended exposure.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I bought GT: Sports with my CC Reward points this morning... 46gb patch! Woohoo (I'm really not in a rush so I don't actually mind)

Oct 25, 2017
okay, i do that too, and yeah its a good way to chill out and relax with my main leathery trucking man, dugger mccreeg

i really want to get oregon sometime so i can drive see their versions of all the places i know
yeah I'm missing Oregon and Washington, but just waiting on a steam sale. Got plenty of time to putter around in NM, Nevada, California...

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Apex solo mode sucks ass.
Every match I have been killed by people teaming up. Cowards.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember like a hundred years ago when Square revealed that totally underwhelming Avengers game? How does that even happen?

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
5796.png

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember like a hundred years ago when Square revealed that totally underwhelming Avengers game? How does that even happen?
Anthem happened. This has got my Anthem senses all a-tingle. They have no cohesive pitch at all. It's GaaS but all the content is free? It has multiplayer but the entire campaign is solo-only? Something's fucked up about this game and it isn't just the uncanny valley-ass faces and bad costume design.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem happened. This has got my Anthem senses all a-tingle. They have no cohesive pitch at all. It's GaaS but all the content is free? It has multiplayer but the entire campaign is solo-only? Something's fucked up about this game and it isn't just the uncanny valley-ass faces and bad costume design.
This is clearly a case of SE getting a bunch of devs together and telling them that they're making a GaaS Marvel game instead of letting them organically think about what game they would actually like to make.

And I'm sure they were thrilled at getting to make a game starring Iron Man and Hulk but then later they were like "Hang on, we don't know what we want this game to be."

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Now that you point it out, that Avengers game really does have all the hallmarks of game development by bunches of people pitching things they think are cool at the meeting with no follow-through regarding how to integrate into the actual product.

deadbass

Oct 27, 2017

Freelancer alpha one dash one - mind if I scan your cargo hold? Didn't think so...