• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Listening to Ben talk about the new Rebel Galaxy and he's literally describing the first game. What a bummer, RB1 was such a mediocre game that I stopped playing a month in... and I can't remember another game this gen I didn't finish.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to Ben talk about the new Rebel Galaxy and he's literally describing the first game. What a bummer, RB1 was such a mediocre game that I stopped playing a month in... and I can't remember another game this gen I didn't finish.
I haven't heard the pod yet, but that's the impression the RPS review game me, too.

For some reason I was expecting it to be a much more ambitious game alongside the move to 3D. But everything just makes it sound like Rebel Galaxy Remix or something.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a massive grind in the beginning of Rebel Galaxy that essentially makes you repeat the same gameplay loop a billion times over. It was torture.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Giant Bomb's content has really gone off a cliff edge in terms of quality lately, or maybe I'm just growing out of it.

Ben in particular is starting to really grate on me as 1) He can't really explain why he likes a game much more than "Game good because good" and 2) dredging up dead ass jokes and continually referring back to them i.e. Hand check.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Because giantbomb had never used old jokes before.

They certainly never keep repeating the same stories over over before Ben came on.

And they certainly were masters of taking about what makes a game good before.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Endurance Run:

tumblr_p1cczse9D61r2d90eo1_400.gif
Mischief Makers would kick their butts so hard

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching a stream of Call of Duty Ghosts for the first time and jesus are all of these games this horrifically racist?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I can't quote the post because I'll see the Judgment spoiler, Blitzrules240 , but this avatar change is unacceptable. At least merge Alex & Nathan's faces or something.

On a semi-related note, I'm now two episodes away from finishing the American version of Review. This is really, really good.

I'm watching a stream of Call of Duty Ghosts for the first time and jesus are all of these games this horrifically racist?

Is it the Dan Olson/FoldableHuman one from last night? It was a fantastic teardown if not a little boring because that game in particular is terribly unexciting.

But often, yeah? Ghosts is just worse in that regard. Weirdly the further away from real conflicts they usually get more sanitized but Ghosts in an exception. It's full on "Central/South America got together to invade America so the US built a Wall." And that's just the first couple level.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Joeku first of all, sorry for the abrupt avatar change, had to show Nathan Fielder some love after he got the new HBO deal. As for a mashup Tiamatsword22 was always the mastermind of those.

Secondly, Review is one of my favorite Comedy Central series and Andy Daly performed a master class in dark comedy.

Hey we're at the same spot!
This chapters been pretty good, probably gonna wrap it up tonight. There's so much to do, so much to see.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Is it the Dan Olson/FoldableHuman one from last night? It was a fantastic teardown if not a little boring because that game in particular is terribly unexciting.

But often, yeah? Ghosts is just worse in that regard. Weirdly the further away from real conflicts they usually get more sanitized but Ghosts in an exception. It's full on "Central/South America got together to invade America so the US built a Wall." And that's just the first couple level.
Yup that's the one lol

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
THQ Nordic's acquisitions are always such a bummer. I wish actions had consequences, but that's not the world we live in.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Joeku first of all, sorry for the abrupt avatar change, had to show Nathan Fielder some love after he got the new HBO deal. As for a mashup Tiamatsword22 was always the mastermind of those.

Secondly, Review is one of my favorite Comedy Central series and Andy Daly performed a master class in dark comedy.
I've always enjoyed Andy Daly in bit parts but never saw him lead anything until now and Review works because he's like the most affable man in the world. Season 1 was great but season 2 started with a bang and it hasn't slowed down a bit. It's weird this last season is only three episodes though. What's up with that? Was it like a favour from CC to let them close it out on their own terms?

THQ Nordic's acquisitions are always such a bummer. I wish actions had consequences, but that's not the world we live in.
Not gonna say that the idea of people being damned forever isn't disagreeable to me, but they knew what the fuck they were doing, barely any time has passed, and the people involved seemingly didn't get fired or even reprimanded. 8chan got shut down because it sponsored too many goddamn terrorists, for Christ's sake. It's like there's no consequences at all in the business world.

Oct 25, 2017
Being alone on the planet sounds really peaceful
---
Mostly that one and world at War. The MW games are just like normal jingoistic xenophobia, the blops games dip in and out of that. AW was PMC bullshit (And a little ethnic cleansing commentary).

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Giant Bomb's content has really gone off a cliff edge in terms of quality lately, or maybe I'm just growing out of it.

Ben in particular is starting to really grate on me as 1) He can't really explain why he likes a game much more than "Game good because good" and 2) dredging up dead ass jokes and continually referring back to them i.e. Hand check.

Welcome to the GBEast side enjoy your stay.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

Watch more east stuff. I ignore Ben-led content lately and that helps too.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Made it to Chapter 8 in Judgment.

Still holding strong in my end of the year list.

Been catching up on UPF, Business Dave's Top 10 needs to be a weekly feature.

Weekly.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the ignore change showing that someone's quoting an ignored person, because otherwise you can have a bunch of posts without any sort of context and at least now I know that they're responding to some dweeb.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got a transphobe banned in another thread. feels good man

i hope no one has me on ignore but i fully expect some people to