• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
when brad said 'what if death stranding comes to the epic store' my mind exploded. i could see it happening

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna say that the idea of people being damned forever isn't disagreeable to me, but they knew what the fuck they were doing, barely any time has passed, and the people involved seemingly didn't get fired or even reprimanded. 8chan got shut down because it sponsored too many goddamn terrorists, for Christ's sake. It's like there's no consequences at all in the business world.
The people who set that up were all based in Austria. Austria's government is far right. Not shocking at all.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The people who set that up were all based in Austria. Austria's government is far right. Not shocking at all.
That's not really fair. No matter what country people are from they produce these games for an international audience. It was so fucking ludicrous that they'd go on 8chan for some PR thing that half the response to it at first was not believing it was real. It was a monumentally stupid move made by idiots/assholes.

And Fantastapotamus is Austrian and last time I checked he wasn't some loon into white terrorism and big titty lolis. So I don't think you can generalize like that.

Megasoum have you played Rebel Galaxy yet? From what I've seen it kinda looks like you just jump from waypoint to waypoint instead of actually flying to your destinations? That would be a real bummer for me.

That's a weird thing to say but okay
Based on the QL it has several levels of speed you can travel with, but it just lets you skip it all if you don't want to deal with that.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elite Dangerous is the most "cool on paper" game I've ever played.
It's so amazing....until you figure out that every star system is basically the same and you can have pretty much the same experience whether you stay in one system or fly from one end of the galaxy to another.
I'm sure Multiplayer is completely different and how the game is supposed to be played but....I just want a modern Freelancer okay? I just want a really good looking space game with like 30 system that all have a purpose and an identity and that are memorable. Give me that and I will buy it.

Freelancer was so fucking good.
Austin being cool on Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is disappointing.

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the QL it has several levels of speed you can travel with, but it just lets you skip it all if you don't want to deal with that.
Man, I don't know about that. That kinda....ruins the experience for me.
Where's the fun in hauling valuable cargo when you can just instantly jump to your destination? I get that you can still be interrupted on your way there but that's not the point.
I was thinking about getting the game but that really dampens my excitement.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Man, I don't know about that. That kinda....ruins the experience for me.
Where's the fun in hauling valuable cargo when you can just instantly jump to your destination? I get that you can still be interrupted on your way there but that's not the point.
I was thinking about getting the game but that really dampers my excitement.
I would wait anyway because reading impressions it seems unpolished as well. Same was with the first game - it needed some patches.

Oct 25, 2017
I would wait anyway because reading impressions it seems unpolished as well. Same was with the first game - it needed some patches.
You can't really patch that tho, like that seems like a pretty important design decision.
It's also not a "bug". But man, that really bums me out.

I just watched another video and the guy just leaves a station, hits a button, instantly arrives at his destination and lands. That's so.....boring.

I really don't understand why they made it like this. Freelancer (which again is perfect) had it right so many years ago.
I'm probably in a minority here tho.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You can't really patch that tho, like that seems like a pretty important design decision.

I just watched another video and the guy just leaves a station, hits a button, instantly arrives at his destination and lands. That's so.....boring.

I really don't understand why they made it like this. Freelancer (which again is perfect) had it right so many years ago.
Shot in the dark, but I would assume that they got feedback from testers that said they'd just like the option to skip, even if still interrupted by distress beacons or pirates or whatever. I wonder if it's an option you can turn off in the menus or as a difficulty thing so you don't feel tempted to do it.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

Ah yes, was meaning the polishing. The first game was pretty much the same in regards of progression and mission design.
No idea why Ben made it sound like there is so much to do and that is is varied.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah seems kinda like a podcast game, so I really wouldn't worry about the skipping, Fanta. They're like a 5-man team anyway, how much meaningful story content could there be?

Oct 25, 2017
Shot in the dark, but I would assume that they got feedback from testers that said they'd just like the option to skip, even if still interrupted by distress beacons or pirates or whatever. I wonder if it's an option you can turn off in the menus or as a difficulty thing so you don't feel tempted to do it.
I get that to be fair. Not everybody likes flying through empty space for 15 minutes.
But to me that's just so vital, especially since they are going for the whole "Space trucker" atmosphere. I dunno.
It's not made for me I guess and I can''t fault the devs for it but it just bums me out.
I think I have to accept that when I say "I love space sims" I actually just mean "I love Freelancer" because I think I actually just want more Freelancer.

Yeah seems kinda like a podcast game, so I really wouldn't worry about the skipping, Fanta. They're like a 5-man team anyway, how much meaningful story content could there be?
It wouldn't work for me as a podcast game because I really do enjoy just hauling cargo from one end of the galaxy to the other and the music and atmosphere are a huge part of that.
It's like Truck Simulator for me only there is combat sometimes (and it looks awesome because space is awesome).

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to finally play KRZ when the last episode drops in three years despite owning it for three years already.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget their name but I know that the person handling GB Unarchived hangs out in here... ICYMI, they talk about the recent changes to the streams and the fact that the pre-shows are no longer kept on the server at the end of this week's Devcast.
We have a workaround now, but did they mention if this was intentional to stop archiving? No point uploading them if GB doesn't want them up.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
We have a workaround now, but did they mention if this was intentional to stop archiving? No point uploading them if GB doesn't want them up.
Not intentional. They changed the whole video production pipeline and this is a side effect of the new system. He mentioned that they want to talk about it with Jeff about potentially archiving that stuff themselves on the site.

And Fantastapotamus yeah... For RGO... I totally see what people are saying where the game is basically just a bunch of menus with a bit of fighting in between. I'm still enjoying the game but it is disappointingly shallow.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is the US government, and you wouldn't use that to explain why some American publisher or developer would do something fucked up. Weird logic.

Also there's no reason to wait for the last episode of KR0 to play it. It's a bunch of weird vignettes that don't even really seem related. I liked it when I played it years ago.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Well crap, I guess I'll put Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on my wishlist. One of those games that wasn't even on my radar and suddenly I instantly want it after bombcast/quick look.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tryna watch a Mass Alex (still haven't finished the series) and the video player is just endlessly loading with the spinny circle? cool player

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure what I'm doing, but I think DMX Goomba will activate when a live-stream starts. Will need to find the actual enclosure with Mario pipe when I go back home for Christmas.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Brad thinking Death Stranding could come to the Epic store because of the revenue split and not Epic giving them millions (not that theres anything wrong with that) is weird, he does read the other news right

Oct 25, 2017
Brad thinking Death Stranding could come to the Epic store because of the revenue split and not Epic giving them millions (not that theres anything wrong with that) is weird, he does read the other news right
If you read earlier Sweeney interviews about the store, that was basically the idea. Games get a better split so of course they would come there first. He even said that publishers would hand it down and make their games cheaper lol
Sounds like Brad bought it, but even Tim doesn't believe it anymore. Atleast for now.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it, so far literally no one (as far as I know) in the press has brought forth an intelligent take on the EGS. It's been a pretty big bummer.

Like of course they're not going to do EGS exclusivity just because of the split. That makes zero sense, they don't have the audience yet.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
If you read earlier Sweeney interviews about the store, that was basically the idea. Games get a better split so of course they would come there first. He even said that publishers would hand it down and make their games cheaper lol
Sounds like Brad bought it, but even Tim doesn't believe it anymore. Atleast for now.

Remember when Ben said that Tim Sweeney is so rich that he believes that he is doing the EGS split for the good of developers and not something that is solely for the profit of his company?