• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wish Film and 40's was a more regular thing, maybe once or twice a month. The only ones I haven't listened to are the F&F ones, I don't think I can even hate watch those films.

Oct 25, 2017
How is the Index as a headset and how are the controllers? Was interested in it until they announced the price. Still interested in it but probably not buying it for a while.
It's a really great headset, and a substantial step up from the original Rift and the Vive. The "screen door effect" is rendered a total non-issue. I've found the controllers took some getting used to for me, but those who haven't played VR before adapted to them instantly. I can't imagine going back to controllers that don't track fingers and grip.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
That gets a yikes from me
sure, that sounds like something Ben would say and believe.

Was in some Bombcast iirc and I don't know which one. I like Ben but that "philantropy" thinking got me surprised.

Love the headset but I am still not used to the controllers - that may depend on your hand size and finger length etc.
It's a really great headset, and a substantial step up from the original Rift and the Vive. The "screen door effect" is rendered a total non-issue. I've found the controllers took some getting used to for me, but those who haven't played VR before adapted to them instantly. I can't imagine going back to controllers that don't track fingers and grip.

Thanks for the impressions! Will keep it on my radar.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Thanks to the Bombcast last week, I've already watched the first two seasons of Documental and oh boy they are a trip. I know I'm missing a little here and there with the Japanese puns, but this goes places.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of games journo types are super ignorant about how businesses function on a basic level which is odd and unfortunate and bad.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I probably have a Dan Ryckert style understanding of business. In that I know absolutely nothing and I would probably shock people with the dumb questions I could ask.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Red Dead 2 is bad because it has a story and you can't ignore it so you're better off playing Burger Time. /jeff

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
nearly at the end of one fire emblem path and yo they just started dumpin lore on me and my head is spinning at the wild shit they talkin about

Oct 25, 2017
it manages to weaponize loneliness and isolation in a way that makes it far more interesting than the vast majority of "fun" games. Fun is for the weak, for the flotsam of reality. Rise above your weakness! Experiential beauty is all there is.

Oct 25, 2017
nearly at the end of one fire emblem path and yo they just started dumpin lore on me and my head is spinning at the wild shit they talkin about
Are you actually a reincarnation of a fire god / evil fire god / very powerful demon / one of your ancestors and your father's been hiding it from you this whole time and you're compatriots find out but they accept you for who you are because you're their beloved leader? And you discover the lady your head is some ancient spirit?

Jul 10, 2018
I enjoy the podcast, and not sure how well this will go over here, but what exactly does Jason contribute? He's just so tortured as he mumbles into the mic to say things (When not just saying "hell yeah", "wow", "damnit", or "geez" to things other people say.)

I dunno, pet peeve, had to get it off my chest, carry on.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
when brad said 'what if death stranding comes to the epic store' my mind exploded. i could see it happening
aYDqC8j.gif

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit of a weird question but anybody has ever seen a USB IR Transmitter that I can use on a PC to send specific frequency? Like ideally it would have an API I could hook in to send specific signal on demand...

I'm sure something like that exists but all I find only are stupid IR transmitter/blaster for TV remotes that obviously don't have any customization possible...

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wish Film and 40's was a more regular thing, maybe once or twice a month. The only ones I haven't listened to are the F&F ones, I don't think I can even hate watch those films.
If you don't want to watch these movies I get it, but I just want to say that the F&F F&40's are by far the best ones imo. The films are kinda worth watching just for that really

Lunar FC

Oct 25, 2017

What's the new hotness in vr games? I just bought parts to upgrade my PC and I want to take my vive out of the closet.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Do you really want to be the person responsible for making me watch those movies?

Really?
One isn't bad. Two is skippable. Three is shlock, but still decent. Four on are tons of fun and is what got me into the franchise to begin with, after being very dismissive of anything even related to any of the Fast and Furious films.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit of a weird question but anybody has ever seen a USB IR Transmitter that I can use on a PC to send specific frequency? Like ideally it would have an API I could hook in to send specific signal on demand...

I'm sure something like that exists but all I find only are stupid IR transmitter/blaster for TV remotes that obviously don't have any customization possible...
Not USB as such, but a Raspberry Pi with a GPIO IR kit should be able to handle most hobbyist demands using LIRC.