• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Alex is sorely missed in the new iteration of the Powerbombcast.

It was interesting hearing Jan explain the G1 to Business Dave and Dan, but Alex definitely could add more to the conversation.

Also loved Dan asking if
Jay White was champ and Dave repeating twice no, Okada beat Jay at the MSG show you were at, with Dan finally responding responding, I was very drunk.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
It's not a good story but it's a fun one. Plus I'm still a juvenile edge lord at heart and I can't reject them making Doom a pseudo scifi epic about killing the armies of heaven and hell and also maybe The Dark Lord of The Fourth Age is secretly a robot super scientist.

Same reason I really enjoy Darksiders' story.

The Story in DOOM 2016 is almost non existent which was one of the worst parts of that game. I'm so happy that they reversed course and are actually giving us what looks like way more in Eternal.

Sep 12, 2018

ECwUCaaX4AEwniG

ECwUCajW4AATFY0

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I went in with no expectations and it really blew me away. I know some complained about the darker tone but I feel for the events that transpired it was well judged and very well done which also helped led to a very satisfying moment near the very end of the show. All in all, both Steins;Gate & Steins;Gate 0 make for some ridiculously good entertainment(I only watched the animes, never played the VNs as they are not my thing but I heard those are equally as good if not better in some respects given the freedom of choice).
Steins;Gate 0 is far more straight forward as a VN than the original mainly because it acts the bridge between between failure and success at the end, but the original has more freedom of choice and more insights into how things would play out in each of the timelines if Okabe decided to just stop. 0 is far far better at revealing Okabe's state of mind during the events of the game and is far more depressing than I think the anime could ever pull off. I'd suggest both if you ever had the want to play a VN, but both anime are also really damn good.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So I've been watching a Donkey Kong 64 playthrough to see what lies ahead for Giant Bomb and yeah...I don't think we're gonna see a proper ending to Burgle My Bananas.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the latest DF Live episode and they are talking about DQ11 on the Switch and man... Even tho I have 78h on the PC version (got to the "ending" and did some of the prologue but never finished that)... I kinda want to play it again lol... No fucking way I restart it on the Switch tho... I guess I could continue on PC but it's been way to long to just jump into a JRPG prologue like that haha...

There's very few JRPG that grabbed me like that game.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i never got to play dk64 and i always kind of regretted it

i always liked banjo games and it seemed like that but more

now im not so sad about it

seems like a mess

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I sort of respect how much there is going on in DK64. For the time, that's a massive and complex game. But man it is just does not cohere at all. It's a big pile of random nonsense.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
do you think dan properly researched what was required for the game or just assumed it was SMS like.
While similar to Sunshine in structure, DK64 has a lot of variables.

We have guns that you shoot at buttons that they're having draw distance issues with
We have musical instruments which you play to activate pads for challenges
We have banana coins which are currency for the weapon and music upgrades
You get a banana medal for every 75 bananas you collect, you need 15 banana medals to play Jetpack
You have blueprints which you exchange for golden bananas to Snide
We have power up barrels which give the Kongs special powers
We have Kong pads which also give the Kong a special ability
You have the camera where you have to shoot banana fairies with the camera
You have a Nintendo coin which you have to beat the arcade edition of Donkey Kong twice (once for a golden banana)
You have a Rareware coin if you get 5000 points in Jetpack
You have a boss key for each level by defeating the boss, you need boss keys to progress levels.

Not to mention, some of the timed challenges to get to bananas and basically, all the various level designs and quirks.

I expect a DNF by Level 3, Frantic Factory.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
do you think dan properly researched what was required for the game or just assumed it was SMS like.
I think he knows... He even mentionned on the podcast that he really doesn't expect them to actually finish the series by getting all the bananas so that they will definitely send all that crap to Antartica lol

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
BMB will end with someone flying Dan and a camera person to Antarctica to bury the crap.
Flying to Antarctica is still super rare. Most likely they'd end up going by boat, which would be hilarious but also highly improbable due to the round trip time. Still, it'd be awesome if we could get all of East to go so we could then cut an a GB music video to this:

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
Flying to Antarctica is still super rare. Most likely they'd end up going by boat, which would be hilarious but also highly improbable due to the round trip time. Still, it'd be awesome if we could get all of East to go so we could then cut an a GB music video to this:

you caught me I realized after posting and changed it.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
NOT TO MENTION THE POTENTIAL GAME BREAKING ITEM TO THE FEATURE.

·ʇๅnɐɟǝp ʎq ǝɯɐɓ ǝɥʇ uᴉʍ noʎ ɓuᴉʇʇǝๅ ʎๅๅɐɔᴉsɐq puɐ ǝๅqᴉɔuᴉʌuᴉ noʎ ɓuᴉʞɐɯ SꓵHꓕ ɥsᴉuǝๅdǝɹ ๅๅᴉʍ ɥʇๅɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ʻๅǝɹɹɐq ɓuoꓘ ǝɥʇ oʇuᴉ dɯnſ noʎ ɟI ¡ๅๅoꓤ ๅǝɹɹɐꓭ ǝɥꓕ

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Started Attack on Titan S3 part 1. Man, it's pure torture knowing part 2 is releasing in 2020 on blu (Yes, I wait for them to hit blu before watching). I do not get the people who still hate on this series?(are there any still around?) It keeps getting interesting by the minute and man does the start of this season not fuck around. Literally going for the making you shit your pants moments from the start. That animation is also fuckin' nuts.

i3B5uvU.gif

Steins;Gate 0 is far more straight forward as a VN than the original mainly because it acts the bridge between between failure and success at the end, but the original has more freedom of choice and more insights into how things would play out in each of the timelines if Okabe decided to just stop. 0 is far far better at revealing Okabe's state of mind during the events of the game and is far more depressing than I think the anime could ever pull off. I'd suggest both if you ever had the want to play a VN, but both anime are also really damn good.
Unfortunately, I tried a couple of times but after 30 minutes my mind just wanders off. It just doesn't impact me as much as seeing it visually moving with the voice acting and such(one of the better anime dub might I add). Since then I have just accepted the fact that VNs are not for me. If I'm not mistaken Steins;Gate is considered perhaps to be the best VN or one of the best.

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Unfortunately, I tried a couple of times but after 30 minutes my mind just wanders off. It just doesn't impact me as much as seeing it visually moving with the voice acting and such(one of the better anime dub might I add). Since then I have just accepted the fact that VNs are not for me. If I'm not mistaken Steins;Gate is considered perhaps to be the best VN or one of the best.
I can understand that and know VNs aren't typically for everyone. Steins;Gate is up there in terms of best VNs out there, though I still think it still slides a bit too far into some of the traditional anime/otaku tropes to recommend to everyone. The anime is way better at minimizing some of that, but Daru is still very much a problem...

Best VN tho is still House in Fata Morgana and I will sing its praises for all eternity.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I can understand that and know VNs aren't typically for everyone. Steins;Gate is up there in terms of best VNs out there, though I still think it still slides a bit too far into some of the traditional anime/otaku tropes to recommend to everyone. The anime is way better at minimizing some of that, but Daru is still very much a problem...

Best VN tho is still House in Fata Morgana and I will sing its praises for all eternity.
Daru is indeed a problem but........I kinda like him(not much focus is given to his dumb antics in the anime which is the right decision). Steins Gate is one of those really rare animes that I pretty much love or like all the characters and it's because the series always gives time to let everyone shine in their own ways, just like how it gives so much time to characters just talking.

Oct 27, 2017
They should just quit DK64 now. Just do a Mario Party series in the East, or play another Yakuza game, or do XCOM 2, or do B-game, or do Old Games, or do another This Is the Run... so many good series opportunities that are about 10% of the work required for this one.

I get the time invested in the production etc but the first episode alone was tedious enough to watch for us as it was for them to play. And, as always, looking at N64 games feels like someone's taking a scalpel to your corneas.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, looking at THQs lineup makes boycotting them super easy.

But I don't live in the EU, so I don't have to deal with that shit.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah all those drive by bans on the first page are kinda dumb imo... They're just 3 days so whatever, no big deal but like... What's the point?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah all those drive by bans on the first page are kinda dumb imo... They're just 3 days so whatever, no big deal but like... What's the point?
This forum does have an awful habit of people just jumping into obviously controversial threads to post some version of "eatingpopcorn.gif" and not actually talking about the subject at all. 'Bout time people got told to knock it off.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Watching UPF, I saw people drinking tons of that hard seltzer stuff at a local soccer match. Seriously was curious as to what in the world it actually was. Thanks Business Dave.
[See Staff Post] has to be the laziest post in history. What a dumb thing to get banned over.