• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest the guests that have come on to fill in for Jeff has made the Bombcast more interesting than it has been for years.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Why? That's basically like admitting that Jeff is the only thing holding West together. Which is true as far as I'm concerned. If any single person from East took a few weeks off, I doubt I'd feel like their content went off a cliff.

Ironically, I've been on a Bombcast kick starting with Jeff's absence. And people seem to be digging Jan's Bouncer video.

So I'm inclined to think "went off a cliff" might be a bit strong. If that's been a common sentiment, I've missed it entirely, and it definitely doesn't match my experience. GBWest misses Jeff in a similar way that GBEast would miss, say, Vinny, but it's been holding up pretty well.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
To be honest the guests that have come on to fill in for Jeff has made the Bombcast more interesting than it has been for years.
Yeah I think West content has been great without Jeff so far. I still miss him but he should take as much time off for his wife and kid as he wants. Things are going just fine without him.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, I've been on a Bombcast kick starting with Jeff's absence. And people seem to be digging Jan's Bouncer video.

So I'm inclined to think "went off a cliff" might be a bit strong. If that's been a common sentiment, I've missed it entirely, and it definitely doesn't match my experience. GBWest misses Jeff in a similar way that GBEast would miss, say, Vinny, but it's been holding up pretty well.
No, you're right, off a cliff is an overstatement for West's current situation. I feel like that happened with the East/West split, and they never recovered. Without Jeff there's just nothing for me to enjoy there anymore, which there already wasn't much of to begin with. Obviously not everyone is gonna agree. I'm basically fine with subbing just for East stuff, because that's still lots of content. I just wish I liked West more.

Oct 25, 2017
Fb4zhQz.png

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone is good but it's just that, good. The second half of the game is infinitely better so if you can muster the will to go through the first half, you're going to enjoy yourself.

But THQ are not the developers so. Mimimi Productions are.

lmao at the late landing damage tip.

I really enjoyed the game myself, especially once you got to Lost Lakes. However, unless this was something you needed to do on your own, I was sort of bummed that
you never actually got to do Deacon's plan of blowing up the lava tubes to trap the horde. I mean, you had to do that whole mission with Skizzo to get they dynamite. I was fully expecting at least one story mission to trap the horde, but there was nothing. Unless you are meant to do that on your own, I wonder if there was more to that storyline. It seemed like a lot of set-up with no payoff

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Is that another Game Tapes they have had in the chamber for a while or is el jefe back to kick ass and take names?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Uh...WHAT? Hmm, I've only been watching the anime exclusively and nothing so far seems to invoke such a thing at all. Though at some point one probably can read such things into it given that the show is way more than just Titans at this point(who knows what the entire picture will be by the time the show ends). I don't know though since the anime is so far behind the manga I imagine(or by now it's close to it?). I'm the one who's behind since I only watch the show when it hits bluray so I get to wait like a year or so from part to part lol.
i don't know if it's even 'reading into'—it's more text than subtext. a separatist faction wanting to basically create a new world order, star-bearing armbands on Eldians, monstrous creatures with caricaturistic human features that can only be suppressed through the might of the military, Isayama speaking glowingly of Akiyama Yoshifuru. it is—like a lot of media conveying fascist ideals, like so many zombie movies and cautionary colonialist tales involving hordes of not-quite-humans—the fantasy of a 'justified' genocide, of an population purge legitimized by the trappings of self-defense

e: obviously this is not to say no one should watch it or whatever. i'm just surprised to see incredulity around its fascist/anti-semitic leanings—i feel like i've seen a lot of conversation about it online in the past year, to the point that it's my main association with it

Last edited:

Deleted member 6645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think West content has been great without Jeff so far. I still miss him but he should take as much time off for his wife and kid as he wants. Things are going just fine without him.
Agreed. They've done a great job, actually. They've had moments like this in past where Jeff or whomever is out for a couple of weeks and those were rougher to me. Not sure what's changed.

GAME TAPES

benj

Oct 27, 2017
[combining every possible opinion in my brain to come up with the best one] Jeff should stay gone as long as he needs but his kid needs to come back to work tomorrow

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
i don't know if it's even 'reading into'—it's more text than subtext. a separatist faction wanting to basically create a new world order, star-bearing armbands on Eldians, monstrous creatures with caricaturistic human features that can only be suppressed through the might of the military, Isayama speaking glowingly of Akiyama Yoshifuru. it is—like a lot of media conveying fascist ideals, like so many zombie movies and cautionary colonialist tales involving hordes of not-quite-humans—the fantasy of a 'justified' genocide, of an population purge legitimized by the trappings of self-defense

e: obviously this is not to say no one should watch it or whatever. i'm just surprised to see incredulity around its fascist/anti-semitic leanings—i feel like i've seen a lot of conversation about it online in the past year, to the point that it's my main association with it
I obviously cannot comment on most of this as I have not gotten that far and I do not know how it will be portrayed in the anime but so far from where I am in the anime nothing invoked such things to me(everything is too mysterious and everyone is in a state of I do not know who to trust anymore) apart from that there is obviously a higher power at play here trying to control shit and not just titans rule the earth. The manga might be way more indepth and detailed as a single episode usually takes the most important bits and parts from 3-4 volumes from what I read.