• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The humor in BL3 sounds fucking terrible but I think that Ben is not in a position to critic the humor in any media ever...

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
RI1DIhT.jpg

Dan is doing another episode of Talking Simpsons. I'm a patreon supporter so I get the episode a week early but I figure you all would want to know. $5 ain't much to support a good podcast.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
A little part of me thinks that Halle Berry's role should have been played by Carrie-Ann Moss. Just round that shit out.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this really is the best dog direction since The Thing. I am like a minute into this and am shocked at what they are able to get these Shepards to do.

Edit: holy shit

Last edited:

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Went to a not released yet movie screening tonight. Ticket was free cuz of a connection, but usually I pay for movie tickets.

Sitting there waiting for it to start, i was wondering why dont movies include a digital copy with purchase of a theater ticket? Fandango has a streaming app, they sell movie tickets. Give me an hd or 4k copy of the movie with my $16 movie ticket please

RI1DIhT.jpg

Dan is doing another episode of Talking Simpsons. I'm a patreon supporter so I get the episode a week early but I figure you all would want to know. $5 ain't much to support a good podcast.
Simpsons were ruined for me a few weeks back after that foot story about Groening on the pedophile plane hit the mainstream news. Gross

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That uh...that one action scene halfway through the movie is maybe the best thing in the entire John Wick series.

I cannot wait to finish that movie tomorrow.

Now to just watch The Last of Us Reactions until I fall asleep because I am a basic bitch.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
That uh...that one action scene halfway through the movie is maybe the best thing in the entire John Wick series.

Elaborate, because I can't think of which scene you are talking about.

I love John Wick 1 as a stand-alone movie. 2 and 3 I think are fantastic action sequences with completely throwaway plot with literally zero emotional investment in anything that is happening.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Elaborate, because I can't think of which scene you are talking about.

I love John Wick 1 as a stand-alone movie. 2 and 3 I think are fantastic action sequences with completely throwaway plot with literally zero emotional investment in anything that is happening.
JW1 is the best movie, clearly, but that elaborate (what felt like) ten minute sequence of Jon and Hally Berry and two German Shepards murdering a bunch of stuntment wearing middle-eastern disguises was so good. In a series that does good work with direction I've never seen better action direction incorporating animals. That shit was crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm pretty far into Borderlands 3:

- Performance (PS4 Pro) is AWFUL. It sits right above unplayable at times, especially on this swamp planet with a full group.
- The HDR/lighting is amazing. Fights look like a fireworks finale. It's awesome and adds a lot to the game. It's visually chaotic, but still pleasing to look at.
- The story is unbelievably forgettable. I couldn't tell you the name of any new character if you had gun to my head right now, not even the villains. I'm playing with a consistent group and we've basically talked over everything and nobody cares at all about what's going on. Every story bit feels like a roadblock to killing stuff and finding new guns.
- Speaking of the guns and killing stuff, it's easily the best Borderlands has ever felt. I felt like in Borderlands 2 90% of the guns you found were worthless. In 3 you almost find too many good guns. It's actually hard to find only four you want to you use at any given time. It's easily where the game sees its biggest improvement.
- Back to performance... because it's so bad navigating the various worlds kind of sucks. Driving the vehicles is simply not fun.
- Last thing, I'm playing as Fl4k and for some reason they decided your pet, who you have no real control over, can die. Without the ability to call him back he's essentially dying in every major conflict, even with tank-oriented talents. It's such an obviously poor design choice that I'm actually pretty surprised by it. Like this should have been changed almost immediately with very little user research. Also you do have a special attack command, but for some reason it interrupts your actions. You can't be reloading and tell your pet to attack somebody at the same time, so the entire mechanic feels clumsy. The attack itself is so forgettable that it's almost never worth stopping your own gun fire or reload to actually do it. Other than that Fl4k's green tree is fun as hell.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Like the first minute of it was cool, then it just repeated the same shit for 10 minutes.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Like the first minute of it was cool, then it just repeated the same shit for 10 minutes.
Yes, it was really good action direction for ten minutes, incorporating animals in a really impressive way that movies haven't done before.

Edit: I can admit it's more impressive than it is good. And that's good enough for an action movie for me these days.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost my entire commute was filled with the Bombcast's BL3 talk and that was the most I've been into the Bombcast in a very, very long time. The actual games talk of the podcast is SO much better when multiple people (in this case everyone) have played the game. Normally I find that to be the worst part of both podcasts because it's rare that they have all played the same game or the game is interesting enough to have a long discussion about, and not just a breakdown of "this is what the game is".

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I should stop buying the same games for Switch AND PC.
I like playing on Switch (and have out-of-house option) but if I have the option I rather paly on PC.
I can't make any game progress that way.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping today is the final episode of Burgle my Bananas so GBeast can get back to what really matters the Sea of Thieves

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of playing new games I just went and got into Diablo 3 again for the 27th time. Playing a Necro this season. Still the best ARPG around for my money. RIP to Marvel Heroes.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
For me, the John Wick films have been getting better and better though them going all in on the ridiculousness may alienate some even though they are expanding the world at the same time. After all the talk about him being such a legend, I love that they're showing you why he is just that. Furthermore, the films are self-aware enough that by the end of it to me it becomes less about John getting killed and more about "I wonder how he's going to get out of this one" and it's entertaining as fuck.

yes, i totally am going to assemble a revolver just to shoot one dude

I know some people also feel as if the fight scenes are too choreographed and I think that's a fair opinion but also to me, it impresses me more than anything that they were able to shoot a take for that long because you know they had to train like fuck to get it right as much as they possibly could. The only part I disliked about JW3 was the small subway station scene. Shit turned into a David Copperfield joint for a minute or so.

Sep 12, 2018
The more baroque and absurd the John Wick movies get the better they are. I love how JW3 felt like an art film about systems of power eating themselves that just happened to have stunning action scenes too. If anything it could have used even less dialog.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I honestly thought heading into JW3, it would be Keanu running around manhattan for 2 hours surviving a gauntlet.

Was disappointed
he leaves after like 20 min-30 min

Movie def. peaked for me
in the first 30 min or so.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from derFeef derFeef!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

derFeef said:
Let's see if this works!

These are our awesome prizes:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Almost my entire commute was filled with the Bombcast's BL3 talk and that was the most I've been into the Bombcast in a very, very long time. The actual games talk of the podcast is SO much better when multiple people (in this case everyone) have played the game. Normally I find that to be the worst part of both podcasts because it's rare that they have all played the same game or the game is interesting enough to have a long discussion about, and not just a breakdown of "this is what the game is".

I haven't gotten into that part yet but the fact that almost no one plays the same games and those sections (in both podcasts) amount to just one person talking about a game have been one of the worst aspects of the podcasts for a while. There's no interesting conversations to be bad when no one plays the same games.

shame the one everyone plays is Borderlands...

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't gotten into that part yet but the fact that almost no one plays the same games and those sections (in both podcasts) amount to just one person talking about a game have been one of the worst aspects of the podcasts for a while. There's no interesting conversations to be bad when no one plays the same games.

shame the one everyone plays is Borderlands...
It's almost always bad. What strikes me is that when the same thing happens on the Waypoint podcast and one person played a game, they usually still do a good job of talking about the game in an interesting way, and not just break down what it is. I don't know if it's a matter of preparation or if it's just that very few people are as eloquent as Austin or Rob, but the games talk on both GB pods really needs a shot in the arm.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
It's almost always bad. What strikes me is that when the same thing happens on the Waypoint podcast and one person played a game, they usually still do a good job of talking about the game in an interesting way, and not just break down what it is. I don't know if it's a matter of preparation or if it's just that very few people are as eloquent as Austin or Rob, but the games talk on both GB pods really needs a shot in the arm.
Ben describing Control and spoiling the hell out of it was really something.

And fully agreed kiguel182, the back and forth when everyone plays a game is so much better. Also Jason was really good this episode.

Oct 27, 2017
The worst part of either podcast is when Vinny starts talking about a game and everyone else (jokingly) reacts in the most dismissive way and Vinny stumbles through talking about it. Happened with Remnant, and again with Greedfall. I know it's meant to be a goof but it's a bit annoying because I barely got any idea what Greedfall was coming from that conversation.

Thankful Austin played it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
GB, overall, has always approached games criticism in a very review-oriented fashion, and I think their pod discussions reflect that. They speak very broadly and generally about a game, say whether they liked it, and whether they recommend it, and largely that's it; it's like a presentation as much as it is a discussion. And that stifles the discussion, because if you interject with questions or whatnot, you're sidetracking the microreview.

(Should mention that I've fallen off GB's pods a few times, so perhaps things have shifted a bit.)

Now for Waypoint, I don't wanna say their pod discussions are deeper, but they are more thoughtful. Game discussions start with how you play it, then move on to the usual faire. They're just... I dunno, more inquisitive about the subject, whatever it may be; it's not a buyer's guide, but an analysis. Which leads to briefer discussions that manage to feel more insightful & informed than GB's.

Suffice it to say, I've long preferred Waypoint's format to GB's--it's just a better listen.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part of either podcast is when Vinny starts talking about a game and everyone else (jokingly) reacts in the most dismissive way and Vinny stumbles through talking about it. Happened with Remnant, and again with Greedfall. I know it's meant to be a goof but it's a bit annoying because I barely got any idea what Greedfall was coming from that conversation.

Thankful Austin played it.
Bully Bakalar strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.