• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter also has an incredible feature where you can unfollow people. Works well for if you don't want to see someone's tweets.

Except twitter loves to try and inject tweets from people you don't follow directly into your timeline; that's the whole point of the "top tweets" mode they keep reverting you to against your will.

OTOH (and this is today's twitter pro-tip) you can use lists to partition the accounts you follow and somewhat "opt-in" to what you get exposed to at what time. Want today's terrible news? Open the "news" list, and so on.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Except twitter loves to try and inject tweets from people you don't follow directly into your timeline; that's the whole point of the "top tweets" mode they keep reverting you to against your will.

OTOH (and this is today's twitter pro-tip) you can use lists to partition the accounts you follow and somewhat "opt-in" to what you get exposed to at what time. Want today's terrible news? Open the "news" list, and so on.

You can also mute specific accounts so that they don't appear on your TL.

You could even mute terms.

Oct 27, 2017
Burgle My Bananas: it's good, folks. This week's episode may be among my favorite GB things this year? Really really good, reminded me of the best Mario Sunshine moments. If this feature produces two or three more episodes like this it'll definitely have been good value.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Burgle My Bananas proves that a game that shouldn't be played, that shouldn't be watched by anyone, can still make an entertaining stream purely due to the charisma of the streamers. East is good.

Oct 25, 2017
Re: social media. I wouldn't know how to deal with any of that. I'm on Twitter and Instragram and don't even really let people know I am. I've argued with randoms because I felt like I couldn't let their point stand. It's not surprising to me that so many people I like have, over time, either completely stopped posting, severely reduced it or made it a one-way street, including GB folks. The latter probably being the most productive way of doing things. But not everyone can afford that. Being very online is in the job description for many people now, especially those still trying to make it.
We're just not meant to listen to a thousand people shouting at us, it's not healthy.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This was the first good episode of BmB and the first one that felt like an actual Steal my Sunshine successor.

Also everything Mahardy says and does while under stress is hilarious. Omg what a weirdo (in a good way!)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Supreme wishes derFeef .
Wait, Austin's not running Waypoint anymore?! Wow, that's crazy. Only just saw that...
He hasn't been EIC for a while now, unfortunately. The pod second last pod where they talk about Austin stepping down (and Danielle leaving entirely) is a good listen.

Really curious to see where Danielle ends up. Sounds like she had a really rough time behind the scenes at Vice, which bums me out. Companies also need to be good and be good at it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Im really enjoying Borderlands 3... Yeah the writing is bad but it's not like it's ever been good in the franchise and I generally don't find it atrociously bad like some people made it sound... I mean... There's a lot of cringy stuff but I was expecting worse. It's mostly just not funny.

I really like the gameplay however even if it didn't revolutionize anything... There's a few qol things I would wish that they'd fix but other than that I've been having a blast.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Supreme wishes derFeef .

He hasn't been EIC for a while now, unfortunately. The pod second last pod where they talk about Austin stepping down (and Danielle leaving entirely) is a good listen.

Really curious to see where Danielle ends up. Sounds like she had a really rough time behind the scenes at Vice, which bums me out. Companies also need to be good and be good at it.
What's been happening at Waypoint?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and I'm almost done with this week's Bombcast and contrary to a lot of people in here, Ben didn't bother me that much this week... His jokes don't always land but I actually chuckled at his off the cuff "Radical!" When Brad said that he had two skateboard related emails this week lol.

Oct 27, 2017
for fucks sake... this new Mac OS and IOS version is causing more user problems than any Windows update i've seen. so many people having problems.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so who is running Waypoint now?
I asked Patrick if he was in charge now in the Waypoint thread:

Sort of. Rob and I are splitting duties. We're not looking to replace Austin, though we are interested in hiring someone to address the now-glaring diversity issues on the paid editorial staff. Corporate machines move slow and are often unpredictable, though, or else we'd have better addressed this in plan A, B, C, D, and E that fell through in the past. (One day I can tell those stories.) In the near future, we're expanding the circle of people who will appear on the podcast and bringing new voices to our freelance pool.

Nothing specific, though feel free to make suggestions. There will be two regular podcasts a week, and the plan is to have Austin on both of them. There's a real world where we ended the pod if we weren't able to figure out how to keep Austin on it and make him a paid contributor. We are not in that world.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried BMB again but I just have no patience for the gameshow stuff, even as a second monitor video I barely pay attention to.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, John Wick Hex sounds like exactly something I would love, as someone who loves both action movies and slow paced tactics games.
I haven't actually watched any gameplay yet, though.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Mike Bithell but now that I think about it, I don't think any of his games ever hooked me.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Let's take John Wick, this cool action movie, and make a game based on meters and menus.
This was absolutely the best way to do that. Shootey action games don't have controls deliberate enough for the kind of intimacy that JW needs. It'd all be half-automated like the latest Splinter Cells' mark & execute stuff, which are closest to that.

22C86ACD6B63855A26DE9D3C5795D626C57E9AC6

5xxpNg.gif

That said JWH does look super janky outside of the actual mechanics. I don't think the vibe really works and trying to tie it together into a cinematic thing at the end of a level doesn't work at all when the animations are that rough.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Dan just crushing John Wick Hex immediately in the QL means I probably won't like this game at all.
Oh and I'm almost done with this week's Bombcast and contrary to a lot of people in here, Ben didn't bother me that much this week... His jokes don't always land but I actually chuckled at his off the cuff "Radical!" When Brad said that he had two skateboard related emails this week lol.
Ben's jokes rarely land for me on the Bombcast, when he's not just fucking around with Jeff or Jan, but I enjoy that he's TRYING. He enjoys the job and enjoys the stuff they talk about. That's all I need in my entertainment. No one gives Jeff or Vinny shit for not knowing shit about shit half the time they're talking on the podcast, I don't get why Twitter is dogpiling on Ben. Alex is the only one on the Beastcast who doesn't just pull shit out of his ass when he doesn't know something. It's the entire reason Corrections exist. I want to be entertained, and I am. Every week. We all have the internet and can all Google reviews and facts about the bullshit they talk about. If I want deep dives into gaming stuff, there are other podcasts, mainly whereever Austin is, that I can listen to.

Last edited:

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Missed getting a party member in Indivisible and now I assume they are a charred husk. Oh well, live and learn. I'm liking the game a ton 5-6 hours in, so far it seems like they throw party members at you at a pretty frequent rate to avoid combat getting stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.