• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't available for purchase or even have a price listing on Steam yet, even though the game comes out in a few hours. Not sure I've seen that before tbh.

I think the idea here is that this will push it higher on the chart list at release, thus giving more visibility. Not sure how effective that is but i've seen it happen with indie games before.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
No preorder or preload sadly, but the pricing was announced as 39.99 USD / 39.99 EUR / 34.99 GBP on Steam/GOG.

Cheers.

I'll grab it tomorrow probably, and try to finish off my Numenera playthrough ASAP so I can jump in. Don't think I can handle playing 2 RPG's at once.

I think the idea here is that this will push it higher on the chart list at release, thus giving more visibility. Not sure how effective that is but i've seen it happen with indie games before.

Makes sense I guess, but that seems like a flaw in Steam's system if it needs to be gamed like that to recognise good sales for new games. Mainly I just want to know the Australian price to see if we're getting boned on regional pricing.

Oct 25, 2017
Tides was a game that I would describe it as almost good, Elysium scene very similar but with some actual artistry applied and and a understand of violence as a problem solving tool that most video game RPGs lack.

It's probably also obfuscating it's lack of actual reactivity through mountains of flavor text, or at least has the impression I get from what I've seen.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really sold on No Truce With the Furies. It sounds too reactive, to the point where it has to be hella modular to make all of its stats work (if that makes sense), assuming it can make it work at all.

I also don't like the modern-day aesthetic either so that kinda kills my interest entirely, to begin with.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sold on No Truce With the Furies. It sounds too reactive, to the point where it has to be hella modular to make all of its stats work (if that makes sense), assuming it can make it work at all.

I also don't like the modern-day aesthetic either so that kinda kills my interest entirely, to begin with.

Also as a furry you are morally opposed to the premise.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
In gaming news:

Divinity: Fallen Heroes, by Logic-Artists (the devs behind the Expeditions: Conquistador/Vikings RPGs) has set it aside to focus on the third Expeditions title. The decision sounds mutual between 'em and Larian, but given that DFH was supposed to be out next month, it must have been kinda tumultuous behind the scenes.
Also as a furry you are morally opposed to the premise.
Wouldn't I want a truce then?

Disco, though. There can be no truce with that.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Disco, though. There can be no truce with that.

ryff321jtf811.jpg

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
In gaming news:

Divinity: Fallen Heroes, by Logic-Artists (the devs behind the Expeditions: Conquistador/Vikings RPGs) has set it aside to focus on the third Expeditions title. The decision sounds mutual between 'em and Larian, but given that DFH was supposed to be out next month, it must have been kinda tumultuous behind the scenes.

While that's a bummer, the fact that both studios have too much work instead of not enough gives me hope this might be released one day.

At least both companies are healthy.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if Blizzard had just racked up a few more positive chits with Gen Z they wouldn't be in this mess right now

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017

Wait is there some anti furry propaganda out there?

edit: oh

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing that I'd be stuck with the base model as my mc really put a damper on my excitement for Disco Elysium. I don't like his design. Luckily the Outer Worlds is also coming out soon which makes what to get an easy choice. Disco can go on the back burner for now.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Baldur's Gate 2 despite owning it on Steam for half a decade but maybe, just maybe, I'll have the motivation if I bought the Switch version!!!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm this close to buying Planescape on the Switch just to own it in some physical form despite having absolutely no interest in playing it on a Switch.

In gaming news:

Aw man, I was super looking forward to that game

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm this close to buying Planescape on the Switch just to own it in some physical form despite having absolutely no interest in playing it on a Switch.

Forgot this was a thing, and man, the rush of collections, services like Switch Online, and mini consoles has really crossed a threshold where we are now living out FFVIII's time compression concept. The past no longer feels like the past, and as much as I kinda love that, it also turns out linear time is a decent organizational tool and sorting through all these games has become somewhat more difficult.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
In gaming news:

Bummer, but if it was a mutual decision it was probably for the best. Love both L-A and Larian.

I'm so excited for Disco Elysium. I have no idea if it'll live up to its massive ambitions, but I'm really interested in seeing it try. Also looking forward to Outer Wilds dropping on PS4 today. Good game day!

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
watched Rorie's MTGA stream yesterday and it got me to boot it up again and spend the whole night playing. Man I don't know what is going on half the time when I play lol

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May 5, 2018
I feel misguided by this Disco Elysium game. I thought it was an RPG set in a certain form of an afterlife where Greek Gods like Zeus and Posideon actually had family connections with Disco artists/bands such as The Village People, Donna Summer and The Bee Gees (Elysium is apparently a form of an afterlife in ancient Greek religion where only mortals related to the gods can go)? The real Disco Elysium seems to be much less upbeat in tone.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
*smashes through wall*

sorry did someone say... whew i'm unfit... did someone say disco elysium?!

it's much more akin to dishonoured in its aesthetic, a kinda' steampunk/dieselpunk setting but disco exists and thus so do flares.

Status
Not open for further replies.