• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• EGS EGS: Fortnite (1 entry)

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3NtgdlO.jpg

this is hell

you have to tilt the gamepad to scroll properly

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Finally started watching the RE4 playdate series after really enjoying the RE2 one. Man... I'm just the 1% or whatever that really doesn't see the appeal of RE4. Tried playing it back in the day, didn't like it then. Don't like the enemies, or the villain characters, or Leon's dumb spin kicks.

I would basically have every RE follow the RE2 remake gameplay formula to the letter. I even hope they remake the REmake in that style.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
My coworker was like "I really wanna play that space exploration game where you're deciphering a language, what's it called?"
and i was like "oh you mean outer worlds"
why did these two games come out this year fuck this

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Feel bad but also have to laugh at how much Austin is hating FFXIV so far.

That goddamn game, man.

Apparently it becomes this beautiful, joyous, singular thing eventually, something that transcends from game into tonic for the depressed and anxious and weary, but until then it's ~100 hours of all the raw tedium one can extract from a slow, simplistic, and polished take on WoW mechanics combined with less than great themes. I've always heard some version of that formulation ("doesn't become great until the expansion," etc.), but had the idea I might click with it more than most on this or that level, thus cruising through the "early" tedium without much problem.

Listening to Austin talk about it has me questioning things.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man, halfway through Hand of Fate 2 and I was loving it... But the second half of that game absolutely feels like a game where the first 50% was playtested and well-balanced and they said "fuck it, let's ship it!" while leaving the latter half of the game a complete fucking mess. I can't imagine anyone playtesting anything from the latter part of the game and thinking it's anything but grindy bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
apparently you need to create a specific free trial account to get the free trial for ffxiv. square wouldn't let me use my starter edition

at least i can still play my catboy that i painfully crafted since it saves appearance locally. more mmos should do that

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I am so unreasonably excited to watch a bunch of internet people cook Thanksgiving dinner, a holiday I din't even celebrate.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
3NtgdlO.jpg

this is hell

you have to tilt the gamepad to scroll properly
When did the site start working on the wii u browser again? I used that thing for years because I was too cheap to buy a tablet to browse the internet/youtube at night in bed. Then a while back resetera stopped working on the wii u browser and I caved in and bought a cheap old tablet. Funny thing is despite my tablet having a higher res screen than the wii u gamepad did youtube videos always run at lower resolution than they did on wii u.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
When did the site start working on the wii u browser again? I used that thing for years because I was too cheap to buy a tablet to browse the internet/youtube at night in bed. Then a while back resetera stopped working on the wii u browser and I caved in and bought a cheap old tablet. Funny thing is despite my tablet having a higher res screen than the wii u gamepad did youtube videos always run at lower resolution than they did on wii u.

Couldn't you just change the resolution?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Feel bad but also have to laugh at how much Austin is hating FFXIV so far.

That goddamn game, man.

Apparently it becomes this beautiful, joyous, singular thing eventually, something that transcends from game into tonic for the depressed and anxious and weary, but until then it's ~100 hours of all the raw tedium one can extract from a slow, simplistic, and polished take on WoW mechanics combined with less than great themes. I've always heard some version of that formulation ("doesn't become great until the expansion," etc.), but had the idea I might click with it more than most on this or that level, thus cruising through the "early" tedium without much problem.

Listening to Austin talk about it has me questioning things.
Aw double fuck.

(Thank you! My character was close to hitting the freebie cap so this actually really helps me out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.