• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I uninstalled destiny 2 after Brad talked about it on the pod. I haven't really played in months, just installed the steam version and logged in once, immediately got exhausted and overwhelmed, and logged out again. Maybe Destiny 3 will be the one where bungo figures it out.

Every time I try to play Destiny 2 I just want to boot up Warframe. I've just completely bounced off of D2 despite loving D1.

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
Brad in summer"I need to play <major release sure to be a contender during GoTY talks> soon!"

Brad in October "I played the same 90 minute Strike in Destiny 3 times in a row for some minor loot!"

Brad in December "I didn't play <major release> because I simply didn't have the time"

Good for him honestly

Oct 25, 2017
My recent approach to Destiny 2 has been to do the campaigns and fuck everything else for the time being. It's been pretty good.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brad never got into Destiny 2 the way I thought he would. He never seemed to be obsessed with it the way he was for the first game.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
what is the best song off of the rise and fall of ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars

one out of: five years, lady stardust, rock n roll suicide

man how the fuck are all the songs on this album so good

Remember when auto-chess seemed like the next big thing
i was thinking of playing it again but then i remembered the mod was dead(?) and it split into underlords, teamfight tactics and the actual auto chess which is on epic games store or some shit and then there are probably 20 fake mobile ones

and then i thought actually lets not play auto chess

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that Brad plays what he really likes, but I just wish he wouldn't still feel the need to chime in at GOTY for all of the big games that he didn't play with takes entirely based on a couple of negative reactions on Twitter.
He's very easily swayed by crowdsourced confirmation bias. If he's watching chat and chat is agreeing with him, confirming what he wants to hear, or telling him something is not worth playing, he'll almost always parrot it. It's almost like he's looking for excuses not to play things.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
on one stream brad read two of my comments because he seemed to think i was funny so i will never say anything bad about brad because we're practically related now

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
It feels harsh to say because I do like Brad, when he has experience with a game he has interesting things to say about it more often than not, he's a good writer, enjoy his features, etc - but "it's like he's looking for reasons to not play most modern games" is absolutely the case and has been for a few years now.

Brad in summer"I need to play <major release sure to be a contender during GoTY talks> soon!"

Brad in October "I played the same 90 minute Strike in Destiny 3 times in a row for some minor loot!"

Brad in December "I didn't play <major release> because I simply didn't have the time"

My favorite Giant Bomb-ism is "Man, all these big games coming out with no time to play them" followed next month by "Man there's absolutely nothing coming out and nothing to talk about, huh?" capped off with "Guys I just didn't have time to play this game that came out in May and was followed by even in my own words months of nothing" by the time GOTY arrives.

Like, they can't just walk away from the discussion because at that point GOTY as a feature no longer works at all, but they don't really want/have any reason to play most of the major releases of the year either.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
the problem with Destiny 2 is that it occupies the same spot FF14 fills right now in my schedule. It's my podcast/kill time game. It's basically the same thing, do strikes/pvp/public events so I can dress up my dolly.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
You guys are right, they should cancel GOTY

Kind of, yeah. The way the feature is structured at this point just doesn't work anymore. There's still a lot of value in debating the events of the year, and things that they're passionate about talking on, in a way I think could be done in a much similar style for content purposes but the conceit of ranking and giving games awards makes no sense anymore when like 2 people out of 8 in a room have any experience with most of them.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of, yeah. The way the feature is structured at this point just doesn't work anymore. There's still a lot of value in debating the events of the year, and things that they're passionate about talking on, in a way I think could be done in a much similar style for content purposes but the conceit of ranking and giving games awards makes no sense anymore when like 2 people out of 8 in a room have any experience with most of them.
It's pretty obvious, really. They don't review games any more.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
They should just do the personal lists and maybe the novelty awards but not bother with the "official" site top 10.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Never been a big fan on EX Quick Looks. Unfinisheds make a bit of sense but these days QLs are their main output in terms of criticism of games, so it's a bit weird?

Oct 26, 2017
Never been a big fan on EX Quick Looks. Unfinisheds make a bit of sense but these days QLs are their main output in terms of criticism of games, so it's a bit weird?

It's also dodgy that EXs can be make or break depending on the personality of the person that comes in. But yeah it's a fair point - I imagine there's not a ton of people that follow the full arc of their feelings on a game through Quicklooks to podcasts to the odd mention on UPF to wherever else.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Does anyone really still go to Giant Bomb for this?

I'm interested in GB personalities insofar as they interact with video games, the things that I'm looking for coverage of online. I'm not interested in watching them cook or talk about wrestling or whatever else.

So I guess, me. I'm the one that goes to GB to hear/see what they have to say about games. It doesn't mean I take their opinion as gospel. It means I like hearing people cover games.

Status
Not open for further replies.