• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2018
What gave you that impression? Just curious.
Jeff and Dan's enthusiasm about the game from playing the beta or just looking forward to it from their podcasts I guess. I just had a feeling this game would get crazy good scores and its getting a great reception, but not similar to what the original MW got in 2007 (94 for PS3 and XBOX360).

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Jeff and Dan's enthusiasm about the game from playing the beta or just looking forward to it from their podcasts I guess. I just had a feeling this game would get crazy good scores and its getting a great reception, but not similar to what the original MW got in 2007 (94 for PS3 and XBOX360).
Well the original Modern Warfare was probably one of the biggest gamechangers ever. Nothing else in the series could reasonably reach that level.

I think he gets dibs on war criminal quotes then.
To be fair, most war criminals don't get tried at the Hague. We're not that just.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all The Lighthouse...it's good

Oh man I'm so excited to see this...*checks theaters*...fantastic, the nearest theater showing it is 3 hours away.

tumblr_pxpg9sBfUJ1rrkahjo4_500.gifv

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
which dlc did you like the most?

I know the old world blues is the funniest of them all but I came away loving the story of dead money.

Dead Money is legit hell to get through though lol

Agreed on Old World Blues being the funniest. Just straight up wacky shit with the Think Tank and Mobius.

But upon reflection, Dead Money was the most engaging out of all four DLCs. Played it about halfway through the game, so I was still having an okay time getting through combat sections. It's also got the most interesting cast of characters, and its premise was the most well executed of the four.

The Lonesome Road was the most disappointing, given all the build-up to it. Just a long corridor of getting swarmed by waves and waves of enemies and a cliched antagonist at the end.

Honest Hearts is... problematic. At the very least, it was neat learning a bit more about one specific part of the Legion's history.

Thinking back on my time with Fallout 4, which is the only other Fallout game I've played and the first one, I really do find the world of FO fascinating. I remember looking at FO1 and 2 so many years ago and thinking that type of game just wasn't for me, but my time with New Vegas, all the talk about Outer Worlds and mentions of FO1 and 2, and finding out those two games are actually pretty short kinda make me wanna give them a shot.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The theater I saw Lighthouse in (i.e. the only one here that gets decent movies) isn't showing Parasite till the 8th...so I can cue up Death Stranding while I watch it I guess lol

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
y'all like that calladooty

I guaran-fucking-tee that "Looks like an old town Santa Blanca's turned into a base" is a phrase that has never been said by anyone that's played Ghost Recon: Wildlands. That faux-radio chatter bullshit is endlessly bad and inauthentic. At least the fake Anthem banter was about getting better gear.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Agreed on Old World Blues being the funniest. Just straight up wacky shit with the Think Tank and Mobius.

But upon reflection, Dead Money was the most engaging out of all four DLCs. Played it about halfway through the game, so I was still having an okay time getting through combat sections. It's also got the most interesting cast of characters, and its premise was the most well executed of the four.

The Lonesome Road was the most disappointing, given all the build-up to it. Just a long corridor of getting swarmed by waves and waves of enemies and a cliched antagonist at the end.

Honest Hearts is... problematic. At the very least, it was neat learning a bit more about one specific part of the Legion's history.

Thinking back on my time with Fallout 4, which is the only other Fallout game I've played and the first one, I really do find the world of FO fascinating. I remember looking at FO1 and 2 so many years ago and thinking that type of game just wasn't for me, but my time with New Vegas, all the talk about Outer Worlds and mentions of FO1 and 2, and finding out those two games are actually pretty short kinda make me wanna give them a shot.
Yeah Honest Hearts was pretty fucked up.

On paper, the joshua graham character borders on hokey edginess but the voice actor is so good, he sells the fuck out of the character and made the experience memorable for me.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded Transistor because it was on sale on the Switch.

Promptly uninstalled it after 15 minutes. Such a waste.

Oh well. Back to Into the Breach and Cosmic Star Heroine. I need a game I can play somewhat mindlessly. Did they fix Bloodstained on Switch yet?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
transistor >>> bastion
Take that the fuck back

Transistor was the sophomore slump. They had no idea what to do with the story so you stumbled upon *spoilers* towards the end and then it had a boss fight out of nowhere.

That studio is otherwise so good about marrying gameplay and story. That's why Pyre is their best game.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hitting Randomize on the Character Creator in Outer Worlds for like 5 min straight and so far I've only got terrible looking people hahaha... I already love the game

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I've been hitting Randomize on the Character Creator in Outer Worlds for like 5 min straight and so far I've only got terrible looking people hahaha... I already love the game
Just makes a sexy boy or girl. You know you want to. You only see them in the menu after the character creator so it's not that big a deal anyway.

Transistor is great a pox on both your houses
This makes me shocked there isn't a team in Pyre called "The Pox". That would've been perfect.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
You guys just reminded me that I have bought Transitor in an eShop sale a couple of weeks ago and I have still not booted it (and I never played it)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Then play and enjoy Supergiants worst, but yet still good, game. It's like a single player DOTA/RTS + cyberpunk trappings.
lol

I picked up both Bastion and Transistor in that sale cause they were both like 4$ or whatever... I started a quick game of Bastion and the game looks kinda worst than I remember it... Doesn't affect the quality of the actual game overall of course but there's something kinda... flat about the special effects.. Some stuff look like 2d textures where they should normally be 3d

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Bastion is the only one I've played and I remember liking it... Transistor looks all right so I'll try it... Pyre never did anything for me... Looks like a game I would hate

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
lol

I picked up both Bastion and Transistor in that sale cause they were both like 4$ or whatever... I started a quick game of Bastion and the game looks kinda worst than I remember it... Doesn't affect the quality of the actual game overall of course but there's something kinda... flat about the special effects.. Some stuff look like 2d textures where they should normally be 3d
Yeah, they were doing a lot of faux-3D to make things appear and disappear/drop in a fake 3D environment. At the time it felt like a way to turn a largely 2D isometric game into something that felt more 3D than it was because the whole story was about a world floating over the ground so it worked considering the presentation of 2D art over a blurry 2D background.

But with some distance you kinda see through it (also your game dev experience).

Still a great OST and some cool worldbuilding. Bastion is kinda quaint for me at this point.

Edit: And I must again repeat: Pyre is the best of arcadey sports games and visual novels, all compacted to their best forms, with the overall best story of any of them. It is the panacea for the modern times. Its cast is full of charming and hateful (and then charming themselves) characters, all in the best way. It is so fucking good. I keep wanting to spoil the whole thing to make people play it but then that ruins the damn game so it's not worth it. All I can do is be enthusiastic about it.

Play Pyre. It deserves it.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way dodge is handled in Transistor was a huge turnoff and one of the reasons I bounced off of that game. I never felt like I had control during the dodge, and it just felt clunky.

I am looking at Torchlight II since I've deleted Diablo III.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realise Outer Worlds' Supernova difficulty restricted saves to only in your ship. That's a REAL bummer, such that I might as well bump it down to hard.

The thing of it is, determining difficulty of an encounter is impossible--enemies could be complete pushovers or impossible and there's no way to know. Game has a real problem with surfacing feedback of any kind, feels kinda afraid of all its numbers.
boy this modern warfare plot and dialogue seems trash
I was watching the Warfighter QL (from seven years ago) and they're the same game.

Call of Duty-style shooters are locked in a quantum state. Always the same, yet always new.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I was watching the Warfighter QL (from seven years ago) and they're the same game.

Call of Duty-style shooters are locked in a quantum state. Always the same, yet always new.
Not to be a broken record, but Infinite Warfare is actually not that. It's a concrete story with established goals that you slowly engage over 6 hours and it's full of good procedural work in starfighter combat and using space gadgets and whatnot. It's far better than it deserves to be.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Not to be a broken record, but Infinite Warfare is actually not that. It's a concrete story with established goals that you slowly engage over 6 hours and it's full of good procedural work in starfighter combat and using space gadgets and whatnot. It's far better than it deserves to be.
That game is three years old.

QUANTUM STATE

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.... I think I will like Outer Worlds

Also... Those giant apes near the ship are probably too high level for me right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.