• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Gears is fine but its ridiculous that Microsofts big first party game is stuffed with microtransactions

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
... I guess I should go and actually finish Alan Wake while I'm waiting for Control to become affordable.

Oh, hey, that's not a bad idea. Maybe my rickety once-upon-a-time midtier laptop could actually run it.

On a different note, having a lot of fun with Remnant so far. It's genuinely surpassed my expectations in most every way: writing, gameplay, exploration...and the availability of a decent curly hair option.

Only the women characters have access to free flowing locks, so I ended up going in a Sandra Oh inspired direction, and I'm very happy.

(although c'mon, don't need intense granularity but always disappointed when you can't pick out a nice set of thick brows)

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
always excited for new operators. But, right now im not sure i am in love with either of them. But should shake up the casual meta for me nicely! lol

That's how I felt about this last season. Gridlock and Mozzie were both great but I feel like Nokk and Warden were kind of duds. The new shields will be a game-changer for sure but i'm not sure about either of the operators.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
That's how I felt about this last season. Gridlock and Mozzie were both great but I feel like Nokk and Warden were kind of duds. The new shields will be a game-changer for sure but i'm not sure about either of the operators.

They are definitely now making more very very situational operators.
I can count on one hand the amount of times ive used Warden's ability in any actual useful situation

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i have been asking for an op that can climb up hatches since I first started playing.

i cant wait to spider man around the map lol

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You can summon Gary Buster Holmes in the new Yakuza.
GOTG.
I read this as summoning Gary Busey.

Oh fuck that last expansion.

It's happening.
Red sand and Alan Wake?

It really is happening.

In mid-2020. :/ (It's fine, I can wait)

I don't know Mr Rock very well, but I wish him the best all the same. American Vandal was a good show. RIP
Season 2 is probably the best show about Zoomers. I haven't seen Euphoria yet, though.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I liked the first until it became a bad CGI ghost train at the end and this movie is that for three hours only stopping every few minutes for unconvincing adult drama.
Chapter One wasn't actually that bad, it was just mediocre at best. I just hated how they followed the trend of "This is when you should be scared because the music/loud noises are telling you to be".

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Gears is fine but its ridiculous that Microsofts big first party game is stuffed with microtransactions
A few of their FP games have had both feet in the microtransaction fish tank.
Halo 5, the earlier in the gen Forza's, pretty much everything in year 1 at least.
It Chapter Two is a bad movie.
Yeah, it's.. like.. fairly unremarkable.
Expensive jump scares and a theme / message that it doesn't really land?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018
Yeah, its.. like.. fairly unremarkable.
Expensive jump scares and a theme / message that it doesn't really land?
When their childhood scars literally disappear after defeating Pennywise:

Dp4wAeWU4AAsXFb.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say it but content roadmaps have the opposite effect on me. I see the Control plans and think I should just wait until mid 2020 to buy the game + its DLC for probably half of what I'd pay now.

Nov 2, 2017
Agreed on It Chapter 2. I'm sad It didn't get the miniseries treatment, would have been the perfect format for that book and allowed it to spend more time on things like the Black Spot story and the history of Derry, rather than just literal scene after scene of CG monster running straight at the camera.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I hate to say it but content roadmaps have the opposite effect on me. I see the Control plans and think I should just wait until mid 2020 to buy the game + its DLC for probably half of what I'd pay now.
Why hate to say it? That's the smart move.

And with Remedy's penchant for post-game story DLC, you'll actually get closure when you buy it

Edit: So Bill Hader is in Barry and Derry. There's a pun of some kind here.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
When their childhood scars literally disappear after defeating Pennywise:
Dp4wAeWU4AAsXFb.jpg
Yup, exactly.
I will say, having just bought it before the roadmap was released I had a kind of "aw man, am I really going come back to it by that point" moment.

(yes, I hopefully will, assuming I like the game as much as I hope and they review well)

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest peeve is when I don't care about anything else in the roadmap nearly as much as the very last thing.

At least with unannounced content I can imagine the next thing will be something I like.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Blowing it so much out of proportion to the point that brad is saying yeah I think I won't even play the the campaign.

This is a constant. Over the years I've noticed that Brad is often and quite easily persuaded not to even try a game because Jeff's opinion of it is negative in some very slight and specific way. The number of times Brad has gone something like "... that's a bummer, I was going to dig in but now I don't know...." is huge.

Oct 25, 2017

Gudetama x Kojima is the crossover I never knew I needed

This is a constant. Over the years I've noticed that Brad is often and quite easily persuaded not to even try a game because Jeff's opinion of it is negative in some very slight and specific way. The number of times Brad has gone something like "... that's a bummer, I was going to dig in but now I don't know...." is huge.
Brad was never going to play the Gears campaign anyway...

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Yes, it's driving me crazy sometimes.
And this is a bad thing on many levels. How can you have any meaningful discussions of games if they all agree to the only person playing a game.
Not to mention that an opinion is sometimes very blown out of proportion and might not even be an issue for another person (like the Gears hub thing).

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017

To be fair... The crew could spell the praises of a game, and Brad will likely only play it the week before GOTY and say "I wish I had more time..." so he probably wasn't gonna play either way.

EDIT: 75% chance Brad says "I am gonna wait till the Alan Wake expansion to try Control." Then he doesn't

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda with you. I either play something right away at launch or wait until much later. In this case I'm glad I played at launch because people are just spoiling the shit out of everything, including in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
whenever I make a lady in a character creator I make Casca. Remnant let me make a good Casca so it's a good in my book, Greedfall didn't let me make a good Casca so it's dogshit.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The only character I would accept Mark Hamill is.... any of them if I'm being honest, I love the man's voice, but preferably Hojo.
---
Brad is going to continue to play Remnant but also somehow never get past the first area.
Actually he'd be perfect for Hojo, yeah. That's not a particularly big role, though. The Tifa casting is great too; Brit Baron is fantastic (as is everyone) in GLOW.

whenever I make a lady in a character creator I make Casca. Remnant let me make a good Casca so it's a good in my book, Greedfall didn't let me make a good Casca so it's dogshit.
I started naming my online characters Cesus after the Canadian equivalent of the FBI/CIA, CSIS. Also it kinda sounds like Jesus.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
so you're saying he is

finally, the voice of Majima returns to the video game sphere after being in kh3
He was fine as Majima (and had no recollection of playing that role) but his Joker in Arkham Knight is probably his best performance ever. Remember that they said he wasn't in the game but then he totally was? They actually earned that and it was far more enticing than the actual AK story which was too dull and predictable. And then the DLC was better than the bland main stuff too. What a mishandling.

Anyway, he's probably playing Hojo or Shinra.

Oct 25, 2017
Cloud is one of my preferred 90's style asshole with a heart of gold cool guys so I'm actually getting excited about Remake. And hopefully they remove some of the wildly problematic stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
He was fine as Majima (and had no recollection of playing that role) but his Joker in Arkham Knight is probably his best performance ever. Remember that they said he wasn't in the game but then he totally was? They actually earned that and it was far more enticing than the actual AK story which was too dull and predictable. And then the DLC was better than the bland main stuff too. What a mishandling.

On the topic of Arkham Knight I feel for some reason the fact that it maybe has some of the best environmental art design in any game ever goes ignored, like, a little bit.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

I should probably play the DLC at some point...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I dream of meeting Mark Hammill and asking him to sign a Majima figure and him being confused but generous

for real, that (aside from pretty graphics) was probably the only part of AK that worked for me
Cloud is one of my preferred 90's style dickhead cool guys so I'm actually getting excited about Remake. And hopefully they remove some of the wildly problematic stuff.
Cloud is NOT a Cool Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.