• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I dream of meeting Mark Hammill and asking him to sign a Majima figure and him being confused but generous

for real, that (aside from pretty graphics) was probably the only part of AK that worked for me

Cloud is NOT a Cool Guy
He's got a big sword and he's real tough and he's got an inconvenient amnesia adjacent memory loss problem. He's pretty cool

You need three or four things to be a cool person in the 90s

Be wide or tall
Have a big weapon
Cool sunglasses
Have memory loss

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I should probably play the DLC at some point...
It is so much fucking better than the bland ass militia stuff, you wouldn't believe it. There was a bit that legitimately made me cry. Season of Infamy. Play it!

Actually given your role I'm surprised you never did touch it...

On the topic of Arkham Knight I feel for some reason the fact that it maybe has some of the best environmental art design in any game ever goes ignored, like, a little bit.
Now that it's been patched up on PC it's a shockingly beautiful game at 60fps. And on UE3. Rocksteady's next thing is gonna be a looker.

I dream of meeting Mark Hammill and asking him to sign a Majima figure and him being confused but generous

for real, that (aside from pretty graphics) was probably the only part of AK that worked for me

Cloud is NOT a Cool Guy
I think later depictions clouded the characterization of the entire main cast. People kinda get them all crossed up. Hopefully FF7R reigns that in.

Edit: Oh. I made a pun. Didn't even notice.

Oct 25, 2017
Advent Children basically destroyed Cloud and Tifa's prior characterization permanently.
Which on a meta level is hilarious, it's Tidus getting killed by a booby-trapped blitzball tier funny.

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Advent Children basically destroyed Cloud and Tifa's prior characterization permanently.
Which onna meta level is hilarious, it's Tidus getting killed by a booby-trapped blitzball tier funny.
I think when they made AC and put them in KH, they thought that Cloud's cool aloofness in the opening hour was the entire character and they tried to turn him into a Cool Guy. But he is a tortured dude.

And Tifa and Aerith got their characterization swapped. The latter was the confident one and the former was putting up a wall to hide her meekness and insecurities. But now Tifa's all punchy badass now?

I don't know. Maybe I'm misremembering. It's been awhile. And the changes to Tifa's look are good (the sports bra and pleated skirt are so good and make shitty "boner culture" dudes so angry) but really I just want her AC outfit to be in the game and literally zero else from that movie. It was like half boss fight.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Advent Children has the raddest scene in cinema history where everyone throws Cloud up the Bahamut.
Maybe it was the translation I watched when it was new but the "You made this shit?" line about the bomb made me laugh and the recharacterization of those goons as sorta good guys now was good.

Fuck everything else about that movie though.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How well-known were the AWE and Alan Wake references in Quantum Break? I played through that game and had no idea. Only just found out!

Thac0

Nov 15, 2017
Is anyone else weirdly indifferent or even slightly relieved when a game they wanted to buy is either badly received or has bad/scummy practices attached to it?

For me it's like "Great! Money to save up for a better monitor or something and I can devote more time to my backlog."

I have so many games I want to play that I'll drop interest in a game with the slightest provocation if it's not one that really speaks to me. Oh, the menu font is weird? Not for me then.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. That end of this Get on My Level is incredible. Switched tabs just in time to see it and jump out of my chair.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Also I believe a character in either Alan Wake or Quantum Break says something along the lines of "It'll happen again, in Ordinary" so they had some beginnings of Jesse's story for a long time.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It is so much fucking better than the bland ass militia stuff, you wouldn't believe it. There was a bit that legitimately made me cry. Season of Infamy. Play it!

Actually given your role I'm surprised you never did touch it...

Oh I touched it all right... Even often late at night and on the weekends...

I played through the main game before I started working here. Worked on the dlc but never tried them.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I touched it all right... Even often late at night and on the weekends...

I played through the main game before I started working here. Worked on the dlc but never tried them.
Maybe that broke you for experiencing the game but still, I'd suggest you play it. You may already have it as there were a ton of deals on getting the complete edition for cheap the last couple years. I think I got it on Steam with all the DLC for like $12 CAD?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that broke you for experiencing the game but still, I'd suggest you play it. You may already have it as there were a ton of deals on getting the complete edition for cheap the last couple years. I think I got it on Steam with all the DLC for like $12 CAD?
Yeah I just checked and I have the base game, a bunch of skin DLC and the Harley Quinn stuff but not the rest of the Season Pass.... I'll look for it during future sales.

May 5, 2018
That ending on Get on My Level was extraordinary! Also the GB community is getting pretty devious creating tougher levels to win those free months of premium ha.

Oct 25, 2017
How well-known were the AWE and Alan Wake references in Quantum Break? I played through that game and had no idea. Only just found out!
There's a lot of references in documents, some of which are well hidden and others which are quite easy to find if you're investigating all rooms as you go along.
At the time though, the discussion are QB mostly treated these as just references and not a pretence for a shared universe sort of thing. I really love the direction is seems they're going though.

Also, Dr. Darling in Control is the voice (not the FMV actor) of Alan Wake.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and Courtney Hope is both Jessie and the cop from QB. Never played QB though.
I tried three separate times to play through Quantum Break and just couldn't. Really bummed me out after loving Alan Wake so much.

I need to go finish Control ASAP because I get the impression that me digging into this new roadmap stuff is diving headfirst into spoilers.

May 5, 2018
Uh Oh, looks like GB East is having issues getting Burgle My Bananas set up again. They're running a little benind and the chat isn't up for the stream yet.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I tried three separate times to play through Quantum Break and just couldn't. Really bummed me out after loving Alan Wake so much.

I need to go finish Control ASAP because I get the impression that me digging into this new roadmap stuff is diving headfirst into spoilers.

Yup, it's the only Remedy Game I never played having only used my Xbox One for 2 games before selling it for more than I paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.