• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So what is Blasphemous exactly? It's another one of those games that I never heard of before it came out

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Was there a consensus on the performance patch for control? Eager to get into it soon
It's not even promised to happen; Remedy is "looking into it". I'd suggest PC or the souped-up consoles if you're going to play it.

damn, gears 5 is pretty rad lol

wish you can hold all the guns though, the 2 primary and 1 secondary system feels old
Frankly I am really appreciating it. With the ammo scarcity and whatnot I'm actually being really tactical and picking up/dropping weapons situationally. I never really had to do that in Gears before.

Oct 25, 2017
So what is Blasphemous exactly? It's another one of those games that I never heard of before it came out
Castlevania/Dark Souls a-like with a focus on environmental design cribbing hard from Spanish Christian artwork and depictions of Jesus Christ aka very very bloody and torturous. Pain and suffering is the word of the day.
Apparently it's pretty good.

Last edited:

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
EEOIuHPVUAE76ke.png
EEOIuHPUUAAzzaM.png
EEOIuHPVAAAyVmw.png
EEOIuHQUEAALOyK.png

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Castlevania/Dark Souls a-like with a focus on environmental design cribbing hard from South American Christian artwork and depictions of Jesus Christ aka very very bloody and torturous. Pain and suffering is the word of the day.
Is it more grimdark and metal or actually grim and dark?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i was definitely feeling that way in control tbh
how does control handle it? infinite gunventory or "what you can see your character holding"?

personally if a game feels even a little grounded it freaks me out having guns or any weapons come from nowhere. makes games like GTA feel less like a real simulated world (which is what its clearly aiming for in so many other ways) and is the one thing id say i dislike about the new rpgish sassins creeds.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Was there a consensus on the performance patch for control? Eager to get into it soon

Gonna say PC is probably fine but I don't think you'll ever see this run at a near stable framerate on base or PS4 Pro (not sure about X) unless they drastically downgrade destruction/effects/resolution. That is something I hope they never do. I'm sure they'll keep working on it though.

I played around yesterday and I can still tank the framerate on PS4 Pro on demand but it now corrects itself much faster than before. I'm someone who has zero issue with poor framerates and thought playing it before the update was fine but if you are one of those people that hates any amount of drops... it's not fixed.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
how does control handle it? infinite gunventory or "what you can see your character holding"?

personally if a game feels even a little grounded it freaks me out having guns or any weapons come from nowhere. makes games like GTA feel less like a real simulated world (which is what its clearly aiming for in so many other ways) and is the one thing id say i dislike about the new rpgish sassins creeds.

control is fine because you have a Magic Gun That Changes (Vanquish style!) but it's less fine because you only have two weapon slots and you have to go into a menu to switch them around. I'd rather it be 1-2-3-4 but that's not console friendly.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
control is fine because you have a Magic Gun That Changes (Vanquish style!) but it's less fine because you only have two weapon slots and you have to go into a menu to switch them around. I'd rather it be 1-2-3-4 but that's not console friendly.

I feel like they could've just used the D-Pad for 4 different presets if that's what they wanted. On PS4 just swipe the touchpad, change shoulder swap and map to something else.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
eh, could work if they used the d pad for it, or a weapon wheel. sounds like a tech limitation they could fix in a sequel.

I love transforming weapons as a fictional conceit to get that functionality.

I also like the thing of storing extra weapons on your horse or car or whatever, since its something you can summon at any time or probably keep close

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
eh, could work if they used the d pad for it, or a weapon wheel. sounds like a tech limitation they could fix in a sequel.

I love transforming weapons as a fictional conceit to get that functionality.

I also like the thing of storing extra weapons on your horse or car or whatever, since its something you can summon at any time

ForsakenSecretDormouse-size_restricted.gif

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah got the Season Pass for 10$CAD on Humble
Nice. They dole it out over the course of the game so you still gotta do a bunch of the militia stuff to get there, but frankly in my recent playthrough of it I turned those parts into a "podcast game". Just flying around the islands wrapping up boring side activities. I recommend the grapnel boost upgrades ASAP to make this tolerable.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of crazy how Control and a Remedy game might be one of their top games for Goty. Going to have a great shot at #1 as many of them have good to fantastic opinions on it. Just recently finished it and it's probably my favorite game so far this year.

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania/Dark Souls a-like with a focus on environmental design cribbing hard from Spanish Christian artwork and depictions of Jesus Christ aka very very bloody and torturous. Pain and suffering is the word of the day.
It's kinda mediocre IMO. Enemy and level design lean on the frustrating instead of challenging, and the boss encounters have been pretty dry so far. Also the platforming is pretty jank for a game that has a lot of platforming. I'm personally pretty disappointed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.