• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
As a Metroidvania it's pretty boring. As a platformer it's pretty janky. As a Souls-like combat action game, it's fairly mundane. It wants to be all of these things and falls short in every category. If the game had focused on a single thing it would have benefited greatly.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Little of Column A little of column B. It has a definite focus on "cool" iconography though.

Based on what I've seen

So you're saying

It's Kino
Max Payne 3 is still the best third person shooter ever made 7 years running
Damn right
Shame they couldn't make GTAV or RDR2 play as well as that.
I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a lot of folks from the MP3 team left after they wrapped.

RDR2 at least has the heavy feedback and sense of impact that MP3 had. GTAV is flat in third-person, but pops a bit more in firsr-person

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a lot of folks from the MP3 team left after they wrapped.

RDR2 at least has the heavy feedback and sense of impact that MP3 had. GTAV is flat in third-person, but pops a bit more in firsr-person

I think that's all in the sound design. Aside from a couple long guns I don't think they feel very good in RDR2 at all. MP3 was tight.

Oct 27, 2017
that death stranding scene is.... well it's a kojima game. what really matters is if the game is 5% cutscenes and 95% boring openworld garbage like MGSV.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Weird nitpick about the Drewth Scanding trailer but it makes the Oval Office look way bigger than it actually is. Like they just scaled the characters wrong in the room or something.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Weird nitpick about the Drewth Scanding trailer but it makes the Oval Office look way bigger than it actually is. Like they just scaled the characters wrong in the room or something.

the only other game i can recall off the top of my head that depicted the oval office is hitman: blood money

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Man Arkham Knight on PC with everything maxed out including all the NVIDIA stuff is one great looking game... Especially considering that it's 4 years old now!

lmao, I forgot about this

37F313020A3F0D957FBA09F0921064211463F9FF

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
And Splinter Cell Conviction.

But I'm thinking more of Veep and a million movies and how often it was there.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Surely call of duty or some other fucking garbage ass modern military game has a level set in the Ivan office

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Surely call of duty or some other fucking garbage ass modern military game has a level set in the Ivan office
"Ivan Office" is a "Drumpf"-level of kitsch, but I think MW2 went to DC? Could be very wrong.

It's generally a safe bet to assume that any "popular" room or location are actually a lot smaller in real life... It's kind of always the case
No doubt. It's just that to my knowledge there's a fake White House near LA that everything gets filmed at, so my image of the OO is based on that.

Just yesterday I drove past where the Argos play (CFL reference, non-Canadians) and after seeing it in The Boys a couple weeks ago, it seemed miniscule in real life.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
also did anyone note that Austin mentioned he had some ideas about an SCP/Control based TRPG for the new years game?

beastcast new years game is already GOTY on lock

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's all in the sound design. Aside from a couple long guns I don't think they feel very good in RDR2 at all. MP3 was tight.
Aye the sound in RDR2 is damn good

Might be time for another play through of MP3
Man Arkham Knight on PC with everything maxed out including all the NVIDIA stuff is one great looking game... Especially considering that it's 4 years old now!

lmao, I forgot about this

37F313020A3F0D957FBA09F0921064211463F9FF
Arkham Knight was good god damn it

Second best behind Arkham Oranges

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm just talking people into replaying games all day up in here. I should start a cult.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm biased but I gotta say it... I don't care what people were saying, I actually love the Batmobile in that game... It adds variety to the old Arkham style games.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I know I'm biased but I gotta say it... I don't care what people were saying, I actually love the Batmobile in that game... It adds variety to the old Arkham style games.
I don't think anyone really dislikes the Batmobile itself. It controls really well and the chases are generally exciting.

It's just so separate and changes the nature of what those games have been, it feels weird. And there is a LOT of it.

But generally, I'm with you. I enjoyed it for what it was. Speeding up and boosting and launching Batman a hundred feet into the air feels really good.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
lol... I forgot that part where you analyze dead bodies with the detective vision and there's a bunch of headshot of people showing up super quickly like if Batman was scanning through a people database to find the dead man's identity...

All those headshots are Rocksteady and WB people... I recognize a bunch of them haha. Especially since a lot of those people still use those images as their profile images in Outlook

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite gameplay moment that year was when

*NEAR ENDING ARKHAM KNIGHT SPOILER*
you bust up the Batmobile and Lucius sends you a FUCKING NEW WHITE ONE.
Super hype.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
lol... I forgot that part where you analyze dead bodies with the detective vision and there's a bunch of headshot of people showing up super quickly like if Batman was scanning through a people database to find the dead man's identity...

All those headshots are Rocksteady and WB people... I recognize a bunch of them haha. Especially since a lot of those people still use those images as their profile images in Outlook
Whenever I see images of people in games I always assume it's exactly that same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know I'm reading through that death stranding thread and somehow people are only now figuring out kojima is a cornball and most of his games have awful dialogue?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know I'm reading through that death stranding thread and somehow people are only now figuring out kojima is a cornball and most of his games have awful dialogue?
I don't know what you're saying, Die-Hardman is a perfectly reasonable name for a character we are supposed to take seriously.

i love it when you can hear and see game characters quietly breathing. starts to feel less like an idle character model and more like someone who's actually there.
The quality of any game can be absolutely assumed solely via their characters' idle animations.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what you're saying, Die-Hardman is a perfectly reasonable name for a character we are supposed to take seriously.
i will laugh my ass off if we get through the whole game and he doesn't turn evil at any point and hes just a guy who decided to get a skull mask instead of a normal non evil looking mask

Status
Not open for further replies.