• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Came here to post this... Man... Fuck off dude... Just get off Twitter if you can't take criticism.
You fuck off.

He's got a fair point, being constantly berated with corrections would get really annoying, especially coming from a community that generally doesn't favour new blood. People are already dicks to Ben about basically everything.
Also, people make mistakes. Yeah, he gets stuff wrong sometimes, but so does everyone. You don't need to jump down his throat about it when, after the podcast, he probably realizes on his own. And even if he doesn't, it's fuckin video games. Who cares.

I think generally people have the wrong expectations for content creators like this. They're not supposed to be encyclopaedias on every little thing. You're not listening to the bombcast to hear them spout facts. Give them a break.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Content creator means you make mediocre video content and everyone is nice to you. I will fight anyone who disagrees to the death.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I am having mad restless leg syndrome and it's making me have a hard time going to bed. I feel like Alex on a GotYcast.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even be bothered to download Terminator knowing they didn't get Arnold

I mean, once they know he wasn't an option, why even dedicate the resources?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
You fuck off.

He's got a fair point, being constantly berated with corrections would get really annoying, especially coming from a community that generally doesn't favour new blood. People are already dicks to Ben about basically everything.
Also, people make mistakes. Yeah, he gets stuff wrong sometimes, but so does everyone. You don't need to jump down his throat about it when, after the podcast, he probably realizes on his own. And even if he doesn't, it's fuckin video games. Who cares.

I think generally people have the wrong expectations for content creators like this. They're not supposed to be encyclopaedias on every little thing. You're not listening to the bombcast to hear them spout facts. Give them a break.

Dude will never respond to this.

He's willing to be passive aggressive to the staff members on here but never respond when people point out his passive aggressiveness.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Dude will never respond to this.

He's willing to be passive aggressive to the staff members on here but never respond when people point out his passive aggressiveness.
I've responded plenty of times to people critcizing me.

I said what I wanted to say, no point in dragging it on and on by me arguing with people in here

Ah well, I don't post online to change people's minds
I do it because I can't stop myself and i'm a dumbass

This also applies to me

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I think that Ben's tweet was about being incorrect about the "Josie" thing (as per the minute detail call out he mentioned), so anyone typing more than he did there in that tweet already gave more attention to it than he did, wherein he already evidently Streisand'd it by talking about it on twitter.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also in general expecting people to use their own personal Twitter as an extension of their professional lives is unreasonable.

Don't tell me nobody here every vented about their work on Twitter.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. I don't think it's a Twitter thing. Humana just have a tendency to just want to shout in public. Public blogs aren't a new thing.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
This particular dissemination of opinion and information is absolutely a new thing, insofar as the last couple decades can be considered "new".

ie. The capability of someone getting the name of a character in a game wrong and getting backlash from multiple sources and then reacting to the backlash all in the span of a few hours, all to most of the world, is absolutely a new thing. So reactions are, I dunno, intensified? We aren't genetically built for this.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
But people wanting to do that is nothing new.

Look honestly, I keep seeing people posting Ben or Abby tweets and going ugh what a bad joke ugh what an unfunny video, and yeah I agree but but din't comment on it because whatever, it's fucking Twitter, people make bad jokes or dumb content constantly. I have a separate Twitter account purely for that. People should be allowed to be themselves and make dumb shit. It's fine. That's like what 99% of Twitter is.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
It's inherently different for public-facing people than it is for you are me. They aren't "randos" like us.

In reference to the old place and here, Jeff always said that people need a place to talk about the crew. When personas are public, so goes some of the conversation. It's unavoidable. And here we are.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
And I think that's just plain unhealthy honestly. So don't be surprised if there's a response from it after awhile.

There's a reason why what Jeff mostly posts about nowadays is cat/baby photos and answering the most random unrelated questions on his blog.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm not saying Jeff's wrong to limit his online presence however he does. If I was Internet Famous I would immediately close my presence on social media. Nobody is owed anything and I wouldn't want my privacy invaded. Hell, most of us would be better off doing that anyway because those platforms are largely trash.

And I'm not saying any of this is healthy on our end. Maybe this whole place should just be review threads locked after the initial posts and links to kotaku and waypoint articles about bad workplace conditions. That would probably be healthier for all of us. But it isn't that, so we talk about more than that. Giant Bomb personalities do a thing and people react. C'est la vie.

Ben's Great!
Abby's Great!
SOMA's Great!

Finally, after 3 years they're doing it for Six Crazy Frights. One of my favorite games this gen.
SOMA is, to its credit, one of the few video game stories I would say is great even outside of its genre. It is a legitimately fantastic science fiction story (though kinda enhanced by being a video game in the last few hours and also I love the tactile computer screens).

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
abby will probably play soma with the monsters on right? even though she hates the chase monster stuff she'll probably keep them on for the scares of the feature.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
abby will probably play soma with the monsters on right? even though she hates the chase monster stuff she'll probably keep them on for the scares of the feature.
I think only a couple of them are really "chase-y". Most of them have gimmicks to avoid getting got, IIRC...at least until towards the end, which she won't get to, when you really gotta move to dodge them. That's why I don't begrudge anyone playing on the kind mode. The game doesn't need the failure states.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I've had many shitty jobs, but I would never voluntarily be a social media person for a website. FuuuuuUUUUUUuuuuuck that.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I hope she gets to
the naked disco ball head man who doesn't want you to look at his dick
Stop describing me.

Feeling very exposed rn

Edit: Oh this wasn't all a joke. SOMA is actually happening. She probably won't get much past the first terribly unexciting enemy, so I doubt it'll be that great. Meeting New York Conveyer Belt Billy oughta be fun and fucked up at least.

Shame, I would've killed for a full playthrough on the site, preferably back when Vinny/Alex/Austin were into that sort of thing. They would have shown it at its best.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The way people get shitty - and I do mean shitty - about Ben and other duders on here is honestly a huge part of why I don't feel comfortable hanging in this thread a good amount of the time.

It's always at its worst during Game of the Year, which is why I tend to just kinda bow out around that time of year.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The way people get shitty - and I do mean shitty - about Ben and other duders on here is honestly a huge part of why I don't feel comfortable hanging in this thread a good amount of the time.

It's always at its worst around Game of the Year, which is why I tend to just kinda bow out around that time of year.
To our collective credit, most of the GotY shitting comes from not fairweather fans, but rather those that post elsewhere on the site without engaging in the community topics but show up to be shitty at the end of the year. Same as E3.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I love Giant Bomb I really do.

But I am so far behind on content, I feel like a has been.

I mean yes, I am working a M-F job now and I work at least 8 hours a day and when I get home, I usually want to watch tv or play my games but damn, I feel like a fake fan.

Regardless, I am going to stay a premium subscriber to support Vinny and Jeff and the rest of the crew.

I mean I watch QLs for what I want to see but God, I haven't watched UPF in weeks.

I'm still behind on Vinnyvania and Burgle My Bananas too :(

Beastcast is a consistent listen though at least.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I love Giant Bomb I really do.

But I am so far behind on content, I feel like a has been.

I mean yes, I am working a M-F job now and I work at least 8 hours a day and when I get home, I usually want to watch tv or play my games but damn, I feel like a fake fan.

Regardless, I am going to stay a premium subscriber to support Vinny and Jeff and the rest of the crew.

I mean I watch QLs for what I want to see but God, I haven't watched UPF in weeks.

I'm still behind on Vinnyvania and Burgle My Bananas too :(

Beastcast is a consistent listen though at least.

I rarely watch content or listen to podcasts either. I usually just watch quick looks that are talked about lots in this thread and/or are for games I'm interested in getting.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I find Ben annoying, I'm not afraid to say it, he would be a lot better if he had the kind of mental filter that Dan apparently does to know when to not talk when he's got nothing to say. It's my fault too, that I stubbornly stick to listening to listening to a show that so heavily features someone that repeatedly gets on my nerves, like a particular otter with a distaste for watermelon, so that's on me.

But going on his Twitter would be the last thing I'd want to do. I don't follow any of them on Twitter, I don't look for their tweets, I don't message them -- I don't bother them. I know Twitter's a place for one's stream of consciousness to manifest and to let out whatever, so let them have that.

Just subtweet them instead. 😏

I can't even be bothered to download Terminator knowing they didn't get Arnold

I mean, once they know he wasn't an option, why even dedicate the resources?
Arnold is one of the most popular voice impressions out there, especially with Terminator, to where I don't think you get that much out of it being actually him or not in this case.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Arnold is one of the most popular voice impressions out there, especially with Terminator, to where I don't think you get that much out of it being actually him or not in this case.

He's also one of the most common impressions I've ever heard (alongside Walken and Trump) and I don't think I've ever heard one I thought was close to spot-on. I think there's something about Arnold people just can't replicate.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Look all I'm really saying is that at a certain point today I was looking at this:

56TeHlz.png

And there is no way I could even begin to explain that to somebody. Giant Bomb gives me something unique that I appreciate.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most emotional episodes of a TV series ever for me.
The last time I can think of a TV show that made me cry was I think Oz over 10 years ago...

In Oz when the mentally handicapped brother is getting his last meal and walks to the electric chair while not actually really understanding what is happening to me while everyone around him is obviously understanding what is really happening... All that to then get a stay of execution at the very last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.