• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
wow was that copenhagen trip really just last year, huh. I wish they had the money to do more trips.

I do think a change in format would break up some of the doldrums of both podcasts but that's just me. rotate in some more gamespot peeps if possible. like right now my rotation is waypoint, gamespot after dark, and then bombcast and beastcast if I still want to listen to pods.

why did knack get a sequel?
look, do you want to be the guy/gal to say no to cerny?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Dan was a James Bond villain?

download-1.png

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I love Giant Bomb I really do.

But I am so far behind on content, I feel like a has been.

I mean yes, I am working a M-F job now and I work at least 8 hours a day and when I get home, I usually want to watch tv or play my games but damn, I feel like a fake fan.

Regardless, I am going to stay a premium subscriber to support Vinny and Jeff and the rest of the crew.

I mean I watch QLs for what I want to see but God, I haven't watched UPF in weeks.

I'm still behind on Vinnyvania and Burgle My Bananas too :(

Beastcast is a consistent listen though at least.
You aren't missing much tbh. That GBA stream and Business Dave's top ten are the only video stuff that sticks out to me for the past few months.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love Giant Bomb I really do.

But I am so far behind on content, I feel like a has been.

I mean yes, I am working a M-F job now and I work at least 8 hours a day and when I get home, I usually want to watch tv or play my games but damn, I feel like a fake fan.

Regardless, I am going to stay a premium subscriber to support Vinny and Jeff and the rest of the crew.

I mean I watch QLs for what I want to see but God, I haven't watched UPF in weeks.

I'm still behind on Vinnyvania and Burgle My Bananas too :(

Beastcast is a consistent listen though at least.

Join the club. There must be dozens of us in here.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I've given up on some stuff like burgle my bananas and vinnyvania but I still watch quite a bit. Get on my level is pretty good today.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To our collective credit, most of the GotY shitting comes from not fairweather fans, but rather those that post elsewhere on the site without engaging in the community topics but show up to be shitty at the end of the year. Same as E3.
eh, I think this community has a bit of a superiority complex when it comes to comparing itself to "fairweather fans", ie GB fans not in this thread. Everybody pretended like the "midlife crisis" thread was the worst thing ever but the discourse was basically the same as it often is in here. And there's a reason for that. It's fine. Unless people are excessively shitty, this is a place where we can talk without staff reading, people venting and talking through things is fine.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Burgle my bananas made me realise that it's not really the playing bad games part I enjoy from these Dan ideas, it's that Dan is trying his hardest to champion games he likes or loves against people actively resisting it. I think if Mario Mario party, metal gear Scanlon, steal my sunshine and whatever else didn't have that aspect they would have been much poorer features.

Everyone just seems bummed about playing it.

Also I just don't like the game show aspect. It's too overbearing.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Karspankey I don't know if you're aware, but 1password has the option to buy a one-time licence instead of a monthly sub. It's what I did, but they hide the option on the site.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
So seeing some discussion about Twitter/social media makes me wonder...

I don't have any social media presence (deleted FB/deleted barely used Twitter/never signed up for any others)

Am I the only one here that doesn't have a social media presence? Just curious about what some of my gaming peers have.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
My one problem with concrete genie so far is that it has such a weirdly cliche depiction of bullying?

Where's the constant gaslighting and micro-aggressions.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bombcast should have a corrections segment like the Beastcast but it might end up being too long.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017

I don't have any social media presence (deleted FB/deleted barely used Twitter/never signed up for any others)

Am I the only one here that doesn't have a social media presence? Just curious about what some of my gaming peers have.
I've buckled and started using Twitter within the past year, that's about it. It's a nice spot to post thoughts into the void.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter was nice before 2014. My account is over 10 years old now......

I got off Facebook years ago tho, fuck that site

Oct 25, 2017

I pretty much only follow people on Twitter and rarely tweet myself

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Twitter also has an incredible feature where you can unfollow people. Works well for if you don't want to see someone's tweets.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland

• I use / read Twitter too much. I uninstalled the app and still just read it on Firefox Android.
  • Facebook I still use for Messenger (friends and family) & how people here organise events etc
On some level Iwould like to close both. accounts

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
gb merch #concept

a big button and when you press it you get a voice clip of Jeff saying the name of an oldgame, such as Mappy, Burgertime, or Mr. Do!

1 in every 500 presses the oldgame-name voice clip will be surrounded by "I was holding a copy of (oldgame-name) just yesterday!"

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting responses about social media. I don't interact with many "gamers" my age in real life, so this forum is really the only place I interact with people that share my hobby.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I only use twitter to post video game screenshots and videos and retweet art and other people's dumb things

you guys get my dumb things

Oct 25, 2017
You know what society needs?
Greeting rules. Fixed rules when you are supposed to greet your colleagues at work.

When you go to the bathroom and somebody is using the urinal, are you supposed to say something? What if they just come out of the stall?
This all needs to be regulated asap. It's a daily battle.
Also, if you see somebody coming your way in a long hallway everybody needs to agree that starring intently at the ground or pretending to do something on your phone to avoid eye contact is not only acceptable but the only right thing to do.

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
if its a 3 urinal setup and they are occupying one you give em a nod and take the one next to them and assert your dominance

Oct 27, 2017
Greeting rules. Fixed rules when you are supposed to greet your colleagues at work.

When you go to the bathroom and somebody is using the urinal, are you supposed to say something? What if they just come out of the stall?
Also, if you see somebody coming your way in a long hallway everybody needs to agree that starring intently at the ground or pretending to do something on your phone to avoid eye contact is not only acceptable but the only right thing to do.
USING the urinal? Don't greet. Done pissing? Can greet.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Wow apparently I can go home on Monday if nothing occurs on the weekend. I still need to be extremely cautious and I will get emergency meds if I cough blood again at home. But it's exciting while also somehow frightening.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

Toilets are a strict no talking zone.

I share the pain of the greeting etiquette. The percieved slights over it are the most tiring of office drama. And i acutally like greeting people.

Wow apparently I can go home on Monday if nothing occurs on the weekend. I still need to be extremely cautious and I will get emergency meds if I cough blood again at home. But it's exciting while also somehow frightening.

Congrats. I hope recovery goes smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.