• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Disco Elysium is all the good parts of rpgs and none of the bad parts (the combat and time wasting quests)

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium is all the good parts of rpgs and none of the bad parts (the combat and time wasting quests)

I finally hit some initial main quest revelations and it is veryyyy good.
Fully agree. I love everything about CRPGs except playing them. So, really into this.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might be reading something into nothing, but on the Doraemon Story QL Dan said he's enjoying it more than certain major games coming out. Maybe he's not liking Death stranding after all! I'd still be surprised if he didn't like it, though.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Some first impressions of SOMA so far.

Story seems neat. Audio design is great.

However I don't like the way you open stuff, just let me press the button. The dragging doesnt really work with a controller.

Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium is so good.
I cannot emphasize how good it is.
Remember the one bad part about Planescape, the combat? It has none of that. It's all good
It's amazing. It's so good.
I want to hug it, like I huged that mail delivery box and that woman who claims she didn't loose her husband (but I'm gonna find him anyway.)

Also Red Dead looks good

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be reading something into nothing, but on the Doraemon Story QL Dan said he's enjoying it more than certain major games coming out. Maybe he's not liking Death stranding after all! I'd still be surprised if he didn't like it, though.
oh Dan definitely hates Death Stranding

the cognitive dissonance between his belief that Kojima is an unparalleled genius and his dislike of DS is going to be fantastic to witness

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Dan doesn't like Disco Elysium, the only major game that's out right now

Anybody played The Swindle? I remember thinking it looked all right from the Quicklook
I played a lot of it and really, really enjoyed it.
Even tho it's really easy to completely break it lol

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
AgkAmkp.gif

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like if anyone would bend over backwards for Kojima, it would be Dan.
He's already said numerous times that the parts of the game shown so far don't appeal to him. And, uh, I think that's what the game is, lol. I don't think he's so far up Kojima's ass that he can convince himself he loves a game that he actually hates.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not sure what I would enjoy more: Dan hating a Kojima game, or a Kojima-less MGS6 comes out and Dan loves it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
He's already said numerous times that the parts of the game shown so far don't appeal to him. And, uh, I think that's what the game is, lol. I don't think he's so far up Kojima's ass that he can convince himself he loves a game that he actually hates.
At most I would say his conclusion would be: "It's probably great because Kojima made it, but it's not for me." I doubt we will get a full-on reaction similar to his thoughts on RDR2 if he does go negative.
The real strand... was all of us.
I thought it was the last of us part 2

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking forward to a QL of.. <double-check my notes> "The Outer Worlds", but man... I can't get through this QL:EX. So slow, stiff and awkward.

They're not all bad, but when they are, they're all but unwatchable.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
QLEXes really depend on the devs and game. If it feels too much like a guided presentation I never get anything out of them; which is unfortunately where TOW's lands. I think for indie games (Twelve Minutes, all those years ago, was fantastic) or select larget studios (Firaxis-- XCOM 2 and 1?) is the only time it really works for me.

Oh and Double Fine is in the latter category, too.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is fucking weird... Videotron (the biggest Cable ISP in Quebec) just stopped offering the Gigabit Internet plan all of a sudden... No reason given...

I'm using a third party ISP that is piggybacking on Videotron's lines so they had to also stop offering the Gigabit... Fucking weird and dickish move

Status
Not open for further replies.