• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, the deeper you get into the podcast the clearer it is he dropped Death Stranding. You guys were right. Super disappointing he wouldn't even see it through.

Jubbe I'm not assuming that as much as I'm dreading the coming podcasts.

Why are you super disappointed that he dropped a game you haven't even played yet

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
giphy.gif

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
That felt like the first game in about three years on UPF that was really interesting, and it's gone after 10 minutes.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He heavily--and torturously--implied the same thing throughout the Beastcast.

His commitment to talking about a game through its embargo is admirable. It helped distract from the Vinny- and Alex-lessness of the pod.

He could also be totally exaggerating it as a swerve because he actually likes DS a lot.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm kinda surprised Abby didn't know who Phil Hartman was but at the same time...I'm not surprised.

Comedy legend though (shame about how he died...I watched the 20/20 Crime Documentary on it a few weeks ago.)

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ranking of Shenmue characters:
Tom
The convenience store girl that wants a tattoo
The convenience store girl that wants to make you an idol

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I finished world 1 of Ring Fit adventure, took around 24 mins. Ring Fit says I burned 70 calories, Fitbit says 243. Heart rate from joycon matched Fitbit. Average heart rate of 140, peak of 160.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
A new update was released for Kerbal Space Program and, amongst other things, it contains a giant performance improvement... I just watched a stream with one of my favorite KSP streamer where he went back and tried out a bunch of his old giant ships with hundreds of parts each that used to totally kill the physics engine and now they are just running smoothly...

For those who don't know, the physics system in KSP is kind of dynamic where it will try to run at full speed but if it can't keep up because of the complexity or size of your ship, it will automatically slow down so for example the ingame timer would turn to yellow instead of green and in-game seconds would take more than real seconds... So you know, launching a giant ship might take you like 10 real life minutes to get to orbit but the in-game timer would only be at like 5min by the time you got there.

Now he was launching ships with over 1000 parts and the timer would just stay green the whole way through... I've been following that game since like 2012 and I have never seen that before... It's fucking crazy and amazing.

Now I just wish the game had a better Campaign setup and I hope they change things up for the sequel... I fucking love the idea of playing the game with progression, part unlocks, tech tree, missions etc but the current science system used to unlock stuff is super spammy and boring... I really hate it.

Thanks for listening... This was "Megasoum's KSP Minute"

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't say that Event Horizon is on the same level as something like The Thing but I also wouldn't say that it's a bad movie. Also I know that most people just remember Sam Neill from Event Horizon but Laurence Fishburne is pretty good in it and basically carries the whole film.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Mike is a great addition to GBE (i wish it was an official and permanent one!)

Listening to the podcast, he's playing a ton of games I wish I would like and/or know how to play (Warframe, Siege, etc).

Also, for some reason, the podcast made me think about starting a new playthough of Spider-Man but I don't have time for that these days... Tho I guess I never finished the DLC so I could do that even if it was kinda bad for what I've done so far.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I thought the first DLC thing for Spider-Man with Black Cat was all right, but the other two were actively bad.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first DLC thing for Spider-Man with Black Cat was all right, but the other two were actively bad.
Ah yeah possible, my memory of them is a bit fuzzy... I mostly remember them having a ton of super difficult combat missions.

(also they stole me of my platinum/100% since they added new trophies.... Fuck off Insomniac lol)

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Mike is a great addition to GBE (i wish it was an official and permanent one!)

Listening to the podcast, he played a ton of games I wish I would like and/or know how to play (Warframe, Siege, etc).

Also, for some reason, the podcast made me thinking about starting a new playthough of Spider-Man but I don't have time for that these days... Tho I guess I never finished the DLC so I could do that even if it was kinda bad for what I've done so far.

Same, but I'm going to wait for next gen to replay it.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I loved BOTW because what you found didn't matter as such, but the journey there and the world made it feel special. Most open worlds before that for me were going to markers because I was told to.

It helps that a lot of my formative gaming memories were from earlier Zelda games, but I was really absorbed in that game for months
This is sort of what I'm hoping Death Stranding is. I haven't watched any trailers or coverage and only see stuff like the comments in the thread tho. I just want a big ass world to roam that has story intwewinned in. Basically MGSV but without Metal Gear or a ton of guns.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wouldn't surprise me if some people hate Death Stranding.

I like Kojima as a creator, but I would lying if I said he didn't have his shortcomings too.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
This is sort of what I'm hoping Death Stranding is. I haven't watched any trailers or coverage and only see stuff like the comments in the thread tho. I just want a big ass world to roam that has story intwewinned in. Basically MGSV but without Metal Gear or a ton of guns.
That's 100% what I hope it is. If the world is interesting to engage with, the free exploration survival mailman sim is so much my thing it's ridiculous. It's honestly mostly the story/writing I'm afraid of at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.