• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone on a Kinda Funny show say that not only Luigi's Mansion 3 doesn't hold up graphically, but looks like a 3DS to Switch conversion

That's crazy! Game is one of the best looking games not only this year, but maybe on the Switch period

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
i'm still pretty early on into it (at roseway) and playing on hard but i've been finding it mechanically underwhelming. there's so much loot, and because of that so much vendoring. the inventory management sucks (i don't want icons that i need to hover over to know what i'm looking at), the whole food tab is pretty bunk because it's a hassle to look through everything and so many things have redundant effects. it's super easy to get generalist in your skillset, and being able to have a high enough lockpick skill to pick things for free feels cheesy, and uses for shunts are so few and far between.

i'm not really feeling the dialogue stuff so far, mostly because it's hard to get invested into a lot of the characters because of how corporate most are. aside from the generator at emerald vale i haven't made anything i'd consider a meaningful choice, and i feel like i'm really going through the motions when talking to npcs.

Yeah the UI's sucks. Between Bethestha, Bioware, Obisdian and even CDPR the 3D WRPG studios really struggle with menus.

The characters and conflicts do get more interesting after Emerald Vale though the game was surprising light in terms of choices. The ones that are there do seem to have significant impact to compensate and the game is pretty good at offering you the options you'd want even if those possibilities aren't always apparent immediately.

May 5, 2018
I saw someone on a Kinda Funny show say that not only Luigi's Mansion 3 doesn't hold up graphically, but looks like a 3DS to Switch conversion

That's crazy! Game is one of the best looking games not only this year, but maybe on the Switch period
I heard that from another thread here. Yeah they're insane for thinking that. Luigi's Mansion 3 to me might unseat Mario + Rabbids for Best animation for a Switch game and it's a Rare Switch game that pushes the boundaries for that system. Graphically it's probably the best looking Switch game to date.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
upmxmGA.png

alright

3 gifts from BearPawB

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from BearPawB BearPawB!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

BearPawB said:
Random Humble Bundle Shit Seriously one of these keys is from like 3 years ago

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Shenmue 1 and 2 - Won by Anth0ny Anth0ny (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Undertale - Won by Anth0ny Anth0ny (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Psychonauts - Won by Anth0ny Anth0ny (1 entry)

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I want to enter for Shenmue 1 and 2, but I don't want to rope myself into playing them. I think I'm just gonna leave my happy memories alone.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't had any progress on my TV replacement with Amazon. Broken one only got to them yesterday, but how long does it take to be like tv broke yes and send me a new one

ackack

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was just looking at the Death Stranding trophies and this caught my eye. It's not a hidden trophy, but I will put a spoiler anyways

The Automation Revolution
Complete a standard order with a delivery bot.

Wonder how it works!

who'll get to you first, death stranding or tv?

it feels like kojima will hand deliver death stranding to me before i get the tv at this point

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was just looking at the Death Stranding trophies and this caught my eye. It's not a hidden trophy, but I will put a spoiler anyways

Wonder how it works!

it feels like kojima will hand deliver death stranding to me before i get the tv at this point

If you can
straight up set up supply lines for automated deliveries and shit
then I might end up legitimately loving Death Stranding.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Wonder how it works!
If that's what I think it is
there are little floating platforms that you can stack stuff on and they'll trail you. That's probably what that is? Given how much they lighten the load they're probably a later-game upgrade.

Although a supply line metagame thing would be fun too.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are little floating platforms that you can stack stuff on and they'll trail you. That's probably what that is? Given how much they lighten the load they're probably a later-game upgrade.

I just looked up the Kojima narrated gameplay and he calls it a floating carrier, so probably not! Maybe it is a late-game thing!

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Karspankey's use of exclamation points drives me fucking nuts. Nobody is that excited all the time.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

Wonder how it works!
The blurry spoiler tags are a nightmare. I mindlessly clicked on both of these before I even realized that they could be spoilers because the tags makes me feel like I'm un-messing up my eyesight. It's like popping bubble wrap and falling for some kind of vision test prank.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

Wonder how it works!

i think this was shown in the tgs 2019 demo

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely worth the hundreds of hours of unpaid overtime.

EDIT: Re: pupil dilation in RDR2

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017

i've seen footage of little leg robots that can automatically carry stuff and they look straight outta mgs4

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding should totally get a Euro Truck Simulator (or perhaps American Truck Simulator) cross-promotion when it comes to PC.

It'd probably end up with Monster Energy Supercross shit in it with our luck, lol

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Yes, insofar as I completed all of the levels (minus that new resort map) at least once alongside several elusives/escalations/etc. I just played a whole hell of a lot less than I did of 2016 because I could just go right through it instead of hanging on for new drip-feed of game every few weeks. I really enjoyed that drip-feed. Why?
I was going to ask you what you thought of the drip feed of 2016 and all at once for 2. But you already answered

Status
Not open for further replies.