• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
WRT that:

I learned about the various towers on that planet and how they worked by getting into the tower and looking up when it aligned with the other planet (IIRC it works the same for the other teleporters as well). The funny thing is, I believe I actually wanted to get to the Sun Station and misunderstood what tower that was so when I went into the broken tower and waited and waited, i basically lucked into getting into the center of the planet. But it made sense to me - you're in the teleport tower and when the ash passes over it, you're basically aligned with the planet itself and it teleports to the center.

Agreed, it totally makes logical sense once I lucked into it (and I love how the Ash Twin Project's movement explains WHY the sand is flowing the way it is as well). I do agree that this is the only piece of the game that could have held my hand a little bit better -- I think it's pretty easily the most difficult puzzle in the game, although it's not impossible. The rest of the game very gracefully leads you between planets to explain things.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
current mood
giphy.gif

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
WRT that:

I learned about the various towers on that planet and how they worked by getting into the tower and looking up when it aligned with the other planet (IIRC it works the same for the other teleporters as well). The funny thing is, I believe I actually wanted to get to the Sun Station and misunderstood what tower that was so when I went into the broken tower and waited and waited, i basically lucked into getting into the center of the planet. But it made sense to me - you're in the teleport tower and when the ash passes over it, you're basically aligned with the planet itself and it teleports to the center.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely get why it works and why it makes sense as a solution; I'm fine with that because like everything else in the game, it's clever. But executing it was just fidgety and annoying to actually achieve the way nothing else in the game was for me.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So.... is Control gonna be one of those games like Infamous that uses ALL THE BUTTONS of the Controller?

I was just thinking about the old infamous games and how they used every button to do as many super powers as possible.

Its cool. I dig it.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never got anywhere near that stressed out by it
I loved sitting there floating in space waiting for the world to end.

If i wanted to die faster id shoot myself into the sun, which is easy to do even with just the jetpack
No. there are no additional mechanics beyond what you get in the first 10 minutes of the game. Everything is based on things you learn about the nature of the world.
To be fair in Wilds you can quit to the main menu and load back in to start a new run and that only takes as long as it takes to reload the world.

But yeah they maybe should have given you a cyanide capsule in your tooth. It would have been especially funny if it was just a single button press so you would accidentally kill yourself occasionally.

Very minor spoilers, but there's actually an ability you can unlock to let you immediately end a cycle. I forget who you get it from, but it's the ability to meditate. It becomes a menu option after you get it.

But finding crazy ways to kill yourself is the vastly more fun option.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Someone gif Brad's face when Ben says "IMO" out loud letter by letter during the Pokemon discussion once the video bombcast is up

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Alright fuck you guys, I just had a really productive cycle in Outer Wilds and I'm intrigued again. As if the timing were rehearsed.

I found the tower of knowledge, though don't know how to climb it. Found banjo fella's camp. Found out you can walk up walls with the glowing purple crystals. Got to the Hanging City, which led to a bunch more dangling threads to explore. Then a found a shortcut back up to the surface and somehow my ship was on a different planet? Did I time travel?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Very minor spoilers, but there's actually an ability you can unlock to let you immediately end a cycle. I forget who you get it from, but it's the ability to meditate. It becomes a menu option after you get it.

But finding crazy ways to kill yourself is the vastly more fun option.
I dont think that was in the game when it first launched
or maybe it was but i never did it? idk lol

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Alright fuck you guys, I just had a really productive cycle in Outer Wilds and I'm intrigued again. As if the timing were rehearsed.

I found the tower of knowledge, though don't know how to climb it. Found banjo fella's camp. Found out you can walk up walls with the glowing purple crystals. Got to the Hanging City, which led to a bunch more dangling threads to explore. Then a found a shortcut back up to the surface and somehow my ship was on a different planet? Did I time travel?
lol
be careful where you park on brittle hollow, it's not the most stable place

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Your ship might have gotten knocked around by a meteorite. It happens. Edit: or black hole, yeah.

But yes, lots of threads to pull on there!

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i'm not engaged by most content anyway!

anyway looking back on it sekiro was a good game that ended up surpassing my expectations at the outset to make me wanna beat it and it felt good when i did

not my favorite game but top 5 for sure

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Karspankey
Holy Shit, I have finally fixed my PC HDR issues and the fix was the most "We live in a fucking stupid future" way possible...

I had to install the Roku phone app, connect to my TV, pick the input in question and set the "Color Space" setting which is only available in the app, afaik it is nowhere to be seen in the TV's menu themselves, and change it from the default "Normal" to "Auto".... This is so fucking dumb...

I have also set the screen to YCBR422 and 10 bit in the NVIDIA Panel.

But now I'm in HDR and the screen doesn't look like there's a giant coat of grey goo over it!

Tried Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 and they both look great.
For some reason the HDR option is now greyed out in AC Odyssey... It was available last night but it looked like shit like everything else in HDR at the time... Not sure why it's suddenly not available anymore?
Jedi Fallen Order on the other hand looks super washed out when HDR is enabled so it actually looks better without it... I remember seeing people complaining about that in the Performance thread the other day tho so I'll have to go take a look in there after my dinner to see if someone came up with a solution or if it's just the game's poor implementation.

So yeah... Still janky overall but it's not (really) broken anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.