• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Sekiro.
I liked Sekiro.
Sekiro is my least favorite From Soft soulsish game

Oct 29, 2019
How did Jeff not know you could play Stadia in a browser on launch? That information wasn't hard to find.
To be fair, They changed what was and wasn't available so often and so close to launch, it's easy to get that mixed up. But it's also their jobs to actually show people what does and doesn't work and they seem more and more likely to just wing it instead of preparing the 2 mins it would to get most information that people want to know.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Karspankey
Holy Shit, I have finally fixed my PC HDR issues and the fix was the most "We live in a fucking stupid future" way possible...

I had to install the Roku phone app, connect to my TV, pick the input in question and set the "Color Space" setting which is only available in the app, afaik it is nowhere to be seen in the TV's menu themselves, and change it from the default "Normal" to "Auto".... This is so fucking dumb...

I have also set the screen to YCBR422 and 10 bit in the NVIDIA Panel.

But now I'm in HDR and the screen doesn't look like there's a giant coat of grey goo over it!

Tried Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 and they both look great.
For some reason the HDR option is now greyed out in AC Odyssey... It was available last night but it looked like shit like everything else in HDR at the time... Not sure why it's suddenly not available anymore?
Jedi Fallen Order on the other hand looks super washed out when HDR is enabled so it actually looks better without it... I remember seeing people complaining about that in the Performance thread the other day tho so I'll have to go take a look in there after my dinner to see if someone came up with a solution or if it's just the game's poor implementation.

So yeah... Still janky overall but it's not (really) broken anymore!

:ooooo

Shit! Forgot about the phone app

Super glad you got it figured out!

For AC Odyssey, I'd make sure it is in exclusive fullscreen. That'd be the first thing I'd check!

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I don't think Sekiro was underlooked? Seemed very popular when it released. Basically everyone on staff played it, but none of them liked it enough to finish, which says something.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
For those curious, Jeff's Stadia reaction on the Bombcast seems to be "it works but it's barebones and Chromecast fucking sucks because it's not Apple TV so fuck this, also it looks shit in browser". Also he's pissed about the Krypt mode in Mortal Kombat he didn't like originally.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
only souls game i ended up liking was dark souls 3 because you can pretty much co-op the entire game and my friend basically did everything for me so i got the fat loot, became too powerful, and murdered him in a 20 minute pvp duel

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
For those curious, Jeff's Stadia reaction on the Bombcast seems to be "it works but Chromecast fucking sucks because it's not Apple TV so fuck this, also it looks shit in browser". Also he's pissed about the Krypt mode in Mortal Kombat he didn't like originally.

I mean he seems less pissed and more baffled at why it doesn't work which is more than fair enough.

Oct 27, 2017
One GIF not posted often enough in this thread is the Jeff SAS one where he's on stage with one leg up on a speaker demonstrating correct hip thrust form

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stadia is weird because they have to port the games to linux and get em' running with vulkan (which is probably the reason rdr2 supports vulkan)

meanwhile xcloud is just a bunch of xboxs

krypt issues are likely due to the port

Ah! That's it! ACO is working and looking great (there's a bit of color banding in the menus but in game it's beautiful)

Sweet! Enjoy! And yeah, the menus in the AC games look ugly in HDR, no matter the display.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Sekiro.
I liked Sekiro.

Think it's still DkS 3 for me. The series needed something new, not a greatest hits and DkS 1 retread.

The only reason Sekiro is low on that list is because the game offered nothing to do after beating it.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
6535.png

The return of LOLS.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
Think it's still DkS 3 for me. The series needed something new, not a greatest hits and DkS 1 retread.

The only reason Sekiro is low on that list is because the game offered nothing to do after beating it.
Yeah they are probably neck and neck at the bottom.
Again I enjoyed playing them both in the moment just fine.

Just didn't hit me with the same afterglow as some of the others.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

I'm fine with it being a one and done. I don't think from needs to keep making new game+ a factor.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls (1) will forever be my favorite. It just hit at that perfect time in my life. I have every inch of that game memorized and still find joy going back to it. It is just so satisfying.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Bloodborne is best FS game
DS2 is the most fun Souls game to play.
Demon is my favorite Souls games
DS3 was unnecessary and the first ending was
a bad joke.
DS was a broken mess but changed the game of rpgs for me. Remastered made me realize DS1 isnt fun to control.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls (1) will forever be my favorite. It just hit at that perfect time in my life. I have every inch of that game memorized and still find joy going back to it. It is just so satisfying.

Unsurprisingly, I agree. I don't think any other From game is close, despite liking/loving them all.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
current impressions of death stranding:
2710359-upf12192014.jpg

Everything about that fight is amazing. It's so fucking good.
But I think Lady Maria still takes it for me. Especially the music.
www.youtube.com

Bloodborne Soundtrack OST - Lady Maria (The Old Hunters)

Bloodborne Official OSTComposers: Ryan Amon, Tsukasa Saitoh, Michael Wandmacher, Yuka Kitamura, Cris Velasco, Nobuyoshi Suzuki
god it's so fucking good, my eyes were watering the first time I heard it

as much as I love dark souls, bloodborne is by far my favorite of from's games
the best parts of demon's souls' best area (tower of latria) spread out into a full game, it's a dream come true
It's also hard as fuck. That sweet waltz makes it more than tolerable at least.

The next one is great too in "she is the same size as me; shit just got real," way but this one is still a step above.
I actually never beat it or the dlc lol

I went into ng+ before the dlc was even announced and ended up not playing the game again after that so the dlc was extra unpleasant

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
you can just quit to menu and restart a loop if you're really not into drifting into space and suffocating

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Dark Souls 3 is best Dark Souls
I bounced off of Bloodborne
I should probably check out Sekiro at some point

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

good thing the concept of actual 'hey don't fucking do this' pain can't yet be embedded in media because i am like a (pop culture concept of a) lemming in these things. i've thrown myself off so many cliffs

another funny thing about outer wilds is that i can't stop thinking of everybody as kerbals

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
as much as I love dark souls, bloodborne is by far my favorite of from's games
the best parts of demon's souls' best area (tower of latria) spread out into a full game, it's a dream come true
It's probably my favorite too. Certainly has the best setting and story.

Only real issues are that vial/bullet farming sucks before you get somewhat far into the game and it's a shame that online never worked as well as the other Souls games.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I really don't need to see Normanreedus' lovingly rendered feet and butt every time he showers

skipping it also requires three separate skips!! (entering shower scene, showering scene, exiting shower scene)

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I really don't need to see Normanreedus' lovingly rendered feet and butt every time he showers

skipping it also requires three separate skips!! (entering shower scene, showering scene, exiting shower scene)

hopefully i did this right and it opens at 4:08ish

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Only real issues are that vial/bullet farming sucks before you get somewhat far into the game and it's a shame that online never worked as well as the other Souls games.

My other "issues" with Bloodborne (not huge knocks against it, but things that make me prefer Dark Souls) are a lack of environmental and enemy variety and lack of variety/versatility in your build (essentially it's less of an RPG). Neither of these are a big deal, and some people might prefer a more consistent tone and experience, but my personal preference is definitely more the variety of Dark Souls.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish the Chalice dungeons had been...better.
Such a cool idea for one of those games to have. It just wasn't implemented in a fun way

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I didn't finish Sekiro.
I liked Sekiro.
Sekiro is a game that I respect for its incredibly cool combat system, but I don't have the compulsive desire to play it in the same way I did the other From games. Demon's is probably my favorite Souls, with Bloodborne my fav overall, and Dark 1 the one I'm fondest towards (but it falls apart in the second half). 2 plays well and does some good things with the formula but is also kinda weird and inconsistent, and 3 is very consistent and solid but a bit unexciting.

Each game is good in different ways and bad in different ways, which makes them all feel different, but it's also frustrating because none of them are quite perfect.

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro was a game I knew within the first 20 minutes I would hate. The core mechanic of parry timing was the opposite of what I wanted to deal with.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I beat The Outer Worlds today.

That game is a bummer to me, because while it's got this good foundation, no part of it goes beyond just okay.

The combat is just okay.

The story is just okay.

You companions are just okay....Save for Ellie, who sucks ass.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Oh that's tough because I played From Soft games in the wrong order apparently (DkS2:SoTFS, BB, DkS3, DkS1:R).

BB is my favorite From Game followed by DkS2. Also BB has the best DLC ever in a From Soft game. Those three boss fights are *Jeff doing Brad* DELICIOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.