• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
half-life Alex, in which Alex is forced to play various video games whilst never healing himself above 50% health

One of the only Youtubers I'm into, ManyATrueNerd, actually did something like this. He played all the way through New Vegas on one health bar, without ever healing and restarting the game upon death. It was fairly impressive to see.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
half-life Alex, in which Alex is forced to play various video games whilst never healing himself above 50% health
Id rather see Abby play the original 2. The benefit of having someone like her in the cast is having her play older critical darling games shes never played before. Its why I loved the re4 and re2 runs.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
By the end of Jedi (despite enjoying it) I was literally running past as many enemies as possible

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of love that this Nancy Drew game put so much energy into rendering the experience of visiting a slightly crappy local museum

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me started on that garbage, and they make the already bad navigation on Dathomir that little bit worse. And hell speaking of Dathomir maybe try to not have enemies that die and spread a pool of poison also sometimes chill in small hallways
and maybe don't
take away your weapon and make you cross half the level with enemies chasing you constantly

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Dathomir sucks. I should try to sprint past everything that stunlocked me to death. It's not like the game's bosses are hard. I'm only like 4 nodes short of completing the upgrade tree anyway.

Maybe the dumbest moment of that game so far is finding the materials on a workbench to make a double-bladed lightsaber on a branch over the canopy of a space falcon nest that human hands clearly have not touched in a thousand years, and then immediately having a boss fight against a single target where said lightsaber isn't useful at all but Dathomir's been a real asshole to me so fuck that place.

From the composer of Outer Wilds:

Oct 25, 2017
and maybe don't
take away your weapon and make you cross half the level with enemies chasing you constantly
Yep, I respect the intent but the execution was baaaad. Though I have to applaud the bold move of saving the vast majority of the character development and narrative momentum for the back half of the experience. Designing the first five hours of your game to be the blandest Star Wars product ever made it totally cool

Oct 29, 2019
For someone who hated the Souls series games, I finished Fallen Order the other day with relative easy. Like after the first hour I found the dual lightsaber and blew through the entire game. I died a total of 11 times, most of them were due to weird glitches falling through the world or getting stuck in a wall where a group of enemies attacked me over and over when I was unable to block.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the most shocking thing to me is that in a Korean movie they spent so much time about incorporating classism via the English language and successfully managing to turn the whole "Native American as a costume" thing into a plot point that actually fed into some of the big final actions in the climax. Just the wealthy making a joke out of being lesser people, shouting like "Indians" and smelling like a basement...

That was some good, heavy, classist shit.

If I have any criticism of the movie it's that the daughter immediately had a supernatural ability to manipulate people and they really didn't touch on how that came to be, especially because outside of the phone call to that fake agency (where she had to be sort of flat and rote) she was the least involved with the family's "rehearsal". She practically mind-controlled that kid.

But damn, what a movie.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the most shocking thing to me is that in a Korean movie they spent so much time about incorporating classism via the English language and successfully managing to turn the whole "Native American as a costume" thing into a plot point that actually fed into some of the big final actions in the climax. Just the wealthy making a joke out of being lesser people, shouting like "Indians" and smelling like a basement...

That was some good, heavy, classist shit.

If I have any criticism of the movie it's that the daughter immediately had a supernatural ability to manipulate people and they really didn't touch on how that came to be, especially because outside of the phone call to that fake agency (where she had to be sort of flat and rote) she was the least involved with the family's "rehearsal". She practically mind-controlled that kid.

But damn, what a movie.
The way the film displayed classes through not just the human interactions, but the set pieces, language, etc was just outstanding.

but I was also confused by the daughter and kid's relationship.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
Dathomir sucks. I should try to sprint past everything that stunlocked me to death. It's not like the game's bosses are hard. I'm only like 4 nodes short of completing the upgrade tree anyway.

Maybe the dumbest moment of that game so far is finding the materials on a workbench to make a double-bladed lightsaber on a branch over the canopy of a space falcon nest that human hands clearly have not touched in a thousand years, and then immediately having a boss fight against a single target where said lightsaber isn't useful at all but Dathomir's been a real asshole to me so fuck that place.

From the composer of Outer Wilds:

Sorry, my vote goes to Untitled Goose Game...

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For someone who hated the Souls series games, I finished Fallen Order the other day with relative easy. Like after the first hour I found the dual lightsaber and blew through the entire game. I died a total of 11 times, most of them were due to weird glitches falling through the world or getting stuck in a wall where a group of enemies attacked me over and over when I was unable to block.

What difficulty did you play on? I've been running through it on Grand Master and it's haaaaaaaard.

Oct 25, 2017
Darling was okay with imprisoning children for experimentation and engaging in a campaign of surveillance and gaslighting on an emotionally disturbed runaway, but no he did a funny so it's all good

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
he worked for the us government so yeah that was gonna happen either way

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Me too!, I finally decided to go with this monitor: LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor.

It's a little higher in price than I expected ($379.99), but I think it's the best option overall...
That's literally the one I'm going for too! It's $500USD on sale here in Japan (normally $600) so I'm gonna wait til tomorrow to see if it gets a big drop for BF, but if not I'll just buy it anyway

edit: well the specific one I'm after is the 27GL850-B but it's very similar

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Darling was okay with imprisoning children for experimentation and engaging in a campaign of surveillance and gaslighting on an emotionally disturbed runaway, but no he did a funny so it's all good
Yeah but those traps though.

Also:

(Everyone voluntarily working in that facility is party to some atrocious shit. Casper is just that sort of sci-fi character that's doing it more for the scientific curiousity than anything else, regardless of morality. He's fun but kinda messed up if you think too much about it.)

I thought you guys were talking about darling in the franxx and got very confused
Nobody's talked about Studio Trigger since Kill la Kill.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I sort of love that this Nancy Drew game put so much energy into rendering the experience of visiting a slightly crappy local museum
They quietly forged a path in the cinematic adventure game genre, years before TellTale. It's really cool to see them in action, knowing where the genre ends up.

I'm kinda surprised I never really heard about/saw them before now.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Is all of Carole & Tuesday out here yet? I should watch that at some point. The OP and couple songs I've seen are really charming.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
That's literally the one I'm going for too! It's $500USD on sale here in Japan (normally $600) so I'm gonna wait til tomorrow to see if it gets a big drop for BF, but if not I'll just buy it anyway

Excellent choice!, I didn't want to wait for BF, so I don't think it will come down in price since it came out recently ... I also hope it arrives to my country before the end of the year..;)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're in the bad anime cycle I want to rewatch this ugly yet beautiful world for some reason
Watch gunhead.

It's a show about a hardboiled detective

With a gun for a head.

images

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
My hot-ass assumption for the Best Moment/Sequence category this GotY:
-Resident Evil 2: Encountering Mr. X for the first time ("his lingering presence defines so much of the great moments of that game")
-Outer Wilds: Learning something new about the mystery of the system ("whether coordinates or teleportation or quantum entanglement it was always exciting)
-Apex Legends: Winning Champion of the Arena ("this is the most satisfying win of any battle royale because I feel more in tune with my character than I have in any other one, so the victory is stronger and more personal")

Part two isn't available in the US yet. Supposed to be coming to Netflix in December.
Great, then I'll get to it soon. Looking forward to it!

It's a genius movie. You can engage with it on any level and it's still rewarding
Going into it all I knew was some vague twitter 4-image post about Bong Joon-Ho saying something like "We're all trapped under capitalism" so that kind of coloured the way I was examining the movie as I went along but it was still super punchy the whole time. But the message was still incredibly clear.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
the emails in Death Stranding are unrealistic because not one email is using this emoji 🥺
Maybe this is a nitpick but people have been cut off for so long, why are they writing sentences so casually and using emoji at all, like they've been doing this for a long time?

It would be funny if older characters did so as a sort of pre-Stranding nostalgia thing but everyone does it just because.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is all of Carole & Tuesday out here yet? I should watch that at some point. The OP and couple songs I've seen are really charming.
I watched the first half and was pretty split down the middle on it. Hearing how it goes in the end kinda makes me hesitant to watch the rest when it his Netflix stateside tbh

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
One thing I expected in Control that never happened.

I was expecting to have a boss fight with a Hiss corrupted Darling at some point but nope, just Tomassi

Status
Not open for further replies.