• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 gifts from Daniel Westlake

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Sep 12, 2018
dk52Dk5.png

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
My mom this morning regarding room cleaning

"Put on some music, crank it and clean that room"

I had to hold back laughter, I blame Jeff Gerstmann for ruining the words crank it.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I borrowed my friend's Dreamcast in 2006, played through all of Shenmue and really liked it. This is my confession.

Oct 25, 2017
So Paste giving Shenmue III a 9.9 was like a Destructoid giving Deadly Premonition at 10 kind of thing right
I read that review and she describes a tedious game with a lot of flaws that resonated with her and then slapped a 9.9 on it.

It's a rejection of the video game review scale. A quiet protest. It has to be.

This is a quote from that review:
Spending time perfecting a combat system, making it deeper and more engaging and grounding it in a more physical way would make Shenmue play "better," more "cinematic" or "realistic," but it wouldn't be a more truthful expression.

It actually reached the "it's bad on purpose" line of defense.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
I read that review and she describes a tedious game with a lot of flaws that resonated with her and then slapped a 9.9 on it.

Yeah I read that review and thought "if this game is working for you then surely Animal Crossing would blow your fuckin mind", like it's not as if Shenmue III is the first slow-paced slice of life simulator ever made.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the review seems fine to me, she ended up having a strong emotional connection to the content in presentations game it's all Gucci
---
Switch lite users how do you feel about the thing?
despite having sold my of switch cause I didn't use the fucking thing I find myself borderline obsessed with purchasing a switch lite

Oct 27, 2017
I finished my MGS1-4 re-playthrough last night. MGS4 is such a fucking disaster that has some truly great moments. I can't believe it was allowed to be made in it's state and I'm not surprised Konami got gunshy after it. I'm super excited though because now I get to replay the true actual end to the series - MGR:R.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I finished my MGS1-4 re-playthrough last night. MGS4 is such a fucking disaster that has some truly great moments. I can't believe it was allowed to be made in it's state and I'm not surprised Konami got gunshy after it. I'm super excited though because now I get to replay the true actual end to the series - MGR:R.
I don't understand when people say they wanted Kojima Unleashed in Death Stranding. That already happened; he was free-range as hell with MGS4.

1 gift from TheMathyFolf

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from TheMathyFolf TheMathyFolf!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

TheMathyFolf said:
I don't like shooters, so enjoy.

These are our awesome prizes:

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand when people say they wanted Kojima Unleashed in Death Stranding. That already happened; he was free-range as hell with MGS4.
I assume partly unleashed from the MGS canon, which... fair. I'm very happy he's been unleashed from it because he'd been ruining it for well over a decade. Which is why I'm baffled why anyone wants to see another Kojima led MGS game.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Dark Souls on the switch despite having it on every other platform.

Also bought Bloodstained despite having it on PS4.

And I would have bought Dragon's Dogma again if I hadn't already spent too much.

Weirdly enough, the only game I was contemplating getting that I haven't actually played was Valkyria Chronicles 4 and it's at the bottom of my priority list.

Shit's weird.

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of MGS4 Snake says "Wipe this meme from the face of the earth" and I'm shocked that isn't a more commonly used Twitter response.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

See... I'll allow it given it's Shenmue mother fucking III, the dream game of all dream games that we never thought would actually happen. It really feels like they unearthed an unreleased dreamcast game from 2002, and there's a vibe there I can get into.

I have more of a problem when Pokemon, the biggest media franchise on earth, comes out and the reviews are all "bad thing, bad thing, bad thing, BUT IT'S NOT THAT BAD STOP WHINING 8/10". I've legit never seen anything quite like it. I've seen games get absolutely torn apart for the stuff pokemon got a pass on.

Hottest mess 2019 dexit

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This cutscene is legitimately still the coolest thing that ever happened in any MGS game. music's so damn good. COOL GUY ACTION STUFF

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Every time I see a MGS1 scene it fucks me up, because I played Twin Snakes first (and honestly prefer it) so it's my primary association with the story and all these PS1-era no face models look bootleg.

Status
Not open for further replies.