• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Man, after trying like 15 Game Pass games, I'm sticking with Mutant Year Zero right now. This is pretty great.

and we're now going through the same cycle with xcloud
Stadia did xCloud a huge favour, because atleast some peope think the tech is "good enough", they just need to have a better business model.

You have to use the clips.twitch.tv url

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Alex getting blocked by Favreau reminded me that his 1-star review of that hideous Blackwater Kinect game was cited in good Youtuber Three Arrow's new video about Fox News recently going to bat defending Blackwater's heinous bullshit. Was pretty unexpected lol. Alex has always been great.

i just watched the video, having completely forgotten i had read this post, and i was also not expecting alex getting quoted on a video about american state media (let's be honest that's what fox news is) rehabilitating a mercenary group that committed war crimes in iraq.

it is also supremely gross that microsoft even allowed that game to be on their platform... but i guess call of duty is still a guaranteed hit every year and the latest release is incredibly likely to be in giant bomb's top 10 this year! i know they brought up the highway of death propaganda when that started making the news, but i wonder if they'll mention it again during deliberations.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
After the love the last season is getting, I'm partway into the pilot of Mr. Robot. I wonder if this felt less edgy in 2015.

I can manage that. Thank you!
The show definitely gets into the corny edgy territory at times, especially in season one, but it gets better with that as it goes on.

It's a cyberpunk noir show, and edgy, purple writing is kind of a mainstay of that genre.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The show definitely gets into the corny edgy territory at times, especially in season one, but it gets better with that as it goes on.

It's a cyberpunk noir show, and edgy, purple writing is kind of a mainstay of that genre.
I wasn't saying I wasn't enjoying it, it was just laying it on really thick in a way you kind of just have to give yourself over to at a certain point. Anyway, I just finished it and from the first episode a lot of it is...playful with what is actually happening and what the assholish self-aggrandizing hero complex hackerman is imagining, so I'm expecting it to deconstruct some of that.

Oddly enough the vibe I'm getting the most off of this right now is DmC with the punk dial turned from metal to electronic. And I don't mean that in a bad way.

Oct 25, 2017
htpE0D2.png

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the love the last season is getting, I'm partway into the pilot of Mr. Robot. I wonder if this felt less edgy in 2015.

I can manage that. Thank you!

I'm a few episodes into the first season. It's biting (as in ripping off) Fight Club so hard. I'm sticking with it because I've been told it gets better.

On the other hand the first season of The Expanse was WILD.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet... I'm already having a rough time killing the very first boss 5min in Dark Souls 3... Things are looking great!

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah, honestly part of the problem with wanting funnier QLs these days is that they honestly don't make as many games like Story Time Adventures or a bundle of game show games or whatever other garbage as they used to in the mid-late 360 era. There just isn't as much material to work with.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda felt all the bosses in DS3 were just too much. In the final third I just gave up and summoned people to drag me through the game. Overall DS3 lacked the sense of mystery in DS1, and the sense of community in DS2; DS3 just felt directionless, in a "well, we had to make this" sort of way.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I had way more fun playing through DS3 than DS1. DS1 had some really nice moments, great feeling of exploration, but the actual combat wasn't really that interesting after the initial learning curve, and most of the bosses weren't very challenging or interesting—the DLC bosses were a HUGE step up over the base game's on both counts.

DS3 didn't nail the same feeling of, like, moribund grandeur, but the actual gameplay was way, way more fun, with few exceptions. really enjoyed the bosses, really like a lot of the fights, a lot of the areas were very fun to traverse. I can see myself replaying DS3 every couple years forever (although it has to jostle with Sekiro for position now), whereas I'm not really interested in going back to DS1 in any substantial way.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Only played through the first DS. I think I got a little more than half way on both DS2 and 3. Those games are exhausting and the sequels just didn't click with me like the first game did.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they change the GOTY format. Last year was really rough. I think I just skipped the middle days since there weren't any actual categories been discussed or debated.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DS2 is still probably my favorite Souls game. It did take a break, a few playthroughs, and the DLCs for me to come to that conclusion though. A lot of it probably had to do with the magic system in 2. I loved playing as a hex witch. I remember speculating on if we'd get frost magic in DS3 because of the frostbite effect in the early trailers but unfortunately we didn't.

DS3 never wowed me on release, much like DS2, outside of a couple of areas. Maybe if I sat down and did another playthrough I would enjoy it a lot more, especially now that all the DLC is released. I did try doing one like a year ago but I lost interest around the swamp area I think.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
DS2 is my favourite Souls game because of how it handled the community stuff. Trying to experience-match players, and all of the passive ways of forcing others to engage with invasions (hello, Bell Covenant!) was a stroke of genius. It focused on improving Dark Souls' best feature--the online element--to great success.

I was really bummed out that the community rebelled against it so much. It was such a leap forward.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yea DS2 is like the best for PvP. I usually only did enough PvP for achievments, but in DS2 I stayed way past that. I have some good memories of battles on the Iron Keep bridge and the two Belfry covenant areas. I never did do much with the Rat covenant though. The soul memory system did kinda suck now that I think back.

Status
Not open for further replies.