• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2018
faTPQtG.gif

hahahahahaha

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
I think you nail it here. It can't be expected for GB to cover the game perfectly, but its hurtful to accuse a game of being its antithesis and that makes people emotional.

Again though I think the solution is to drop it and just continue writing about how much DE nails it. Seriously if you didn't check it out cause you thought it was a hurtful and problematic game, you should really check it out cause it's not that.

Agreed with both of you, nothing wrong with being disappointed at outlets receptions of a game but personal attacks are not ok. I think this is the right approach and better makes a case for the game. I definitely understand why they wouldn't even want to talk about it further though when they are getting tons of hate/personal attacks.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The "Like" system on ladders and stuff in Death Stranding is bad. Not because of the concept, which I love, but because when you can just mash the trackpad and blow up the numbers into the 60s and 70s on a single usage of a tool, it adds a layer of artifice that disallows me from knowing how many people actually used the damn thing. I turned the game off a few hours ago shortly after setting up a rope over a deep cliff and I'd love to come back later and see it got 4 likes. But I'm going to come back to either 0 or 82, but that doesn't tell me anything more specific than "nobody used it" or "at least one person used it", respectively.

Still mashing the trackpad on everything I see, though. Gotta give them likes.

You're going in the Joeku canceled pile
It's bad that it's happened enough it's now "my" pile.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The "Like" system on ladders and stuff in Death Stranding is bad. Not because of the concept, which I love, but because when you can just mash the trackpad and blow up the numbers into the 60s and 70s on a single usage of a tool, it adds a layer of artifice that disallows me from knowing how many people actually used the damn thing. I turned the game off a few hours ago shortly after setting up a rope over a deep cliff and I'd love to come back later and see it got 4 likes. But I'm going to come back to either 0 or 82, but that doesn't tell me anything more specific than "nobody used it" or "at least one person used it", respectively.

Still mashing the trackpad on everything I see, though. Gotta give them likes.

It's bad that it's happened enough it's now "my" pile.

one of my fav things to do in the game is to make sam randomly shout stuff with the trackpad

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Death Stranding is proving to be fairly interesting to watch streams of while I build zoos. The walking around looks therapeutic, the cutscenes look cool but sound shite, and the combat/stealth just seems like a nuisance. There's some really striking imagery though and the Icelandic American scenery has a nice desolate atmosphere.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I also really enjoy the online community aspect of the game. So far, it really does feel like players are working together.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding is proving to be fairly interesting to watch streams of while I build zoos. The walking around looks therapeutic, the cutscenes look cool but sound shite, and the combat/stealth just seems like a nuisance. There's some really striking imagery though and the Icelandic American scenery has a nice desolate atmosphere.

rincewind

how's the zoos

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
rincewind

how's the zoos

All the animals are happy but I'm running out of room on the map because I give them all absurd amounts of space and the scenario won't let me change the terrain.

It also means all my staff have to walk for miles between enclosure gates and the guests go ballistic if they see a single staff room.

Deleted member 29195

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How can I play Disco Elysium in a handheld like fashion or without a gaming PC. Actually this question is more why did Nvidia stop making the Nvidia Shield Portable.
They phased it out because they weren't able to figure out power and battery management at the time. Too much heat. Then they off-loaded those chips to Nintendo for the switch.

If you load custom firmware on the switch you can get Nvidia's GameStream app and use it to stream games from GeForceExperience to your switch.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... think I love Death Stranding.

only on chapter 2 but this atmosphere is just chefkiss

I'm also on chapter 2. About 4.5 hours play time? I'm enjoying it a lot.

More speculation than spoilers:

I feel like everyone in the game is lying through their teeth to me. Very similar vibes as MGS 2 in that regard. I hope it's more than being the unwitting pawn of a rogue AI, Kojima's already done that story.

One theory I have is that the fabric of reality was torn by an experiment gone wrong. Damaged space-time continuum.

Whatever the truth is I don't trust Deadman, Die-Hardman, or Heartman and I know a 'we're the real baddies' moment is coming.

Sep 12, 2018
Remote playing to my PC even though the PS4 is right next to it so I can get both UPF and Death Stranding audio through the same headphones lol.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
i have played about 8 hours of death stranding and i am all the way fucking in bb

the dialogue is hokey as shit, but i've laughed at it more than i've been annoyed by it, so i'm good!

i remember somebody on here saying death stranding is doing something like the tomorrow children, and yeah, that is right on!

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh god giraffes are actually more endangered than giant pandas. When the fuck did that happen?

Is WWF going to have to change its logo?

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
1) I also totally forgot that in Super Monkey Ball the stage moves, not the monkey
2) The above makes it super nauseating to watch when you're not the one playing

Status
Not open for further replies.