• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Let me guess, you also think Cancel Culture is a big problem and think the Left would win if those damn moderates would stop telling workers to stop using racist slurs or sexually harassing women, right?

It's so weird to me that this happened because all I did was imply "I like leftist media criticism that manages to have a sense of humor and analyze something from different angles instead of treating problematic things like a viral pandemic and mentally shutting down." But no, I genuinely think none of these things.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Disco Elysium and also I think its portrayal of union workers as lazy entitled ruffians is really weird

I would be legit shocked if a game that isn't Death Stranding won Most Disappointing

Sep 12, 2018
You know what... I've matured as a person in the past few weeks and came to a realization.

Giant Bomb were right in calling Tetris Effect the best game of 2018.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yah this.

The Witcher 3 is male-gazey as fuck, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Abby dismissing it on that basis.

It's one of my favourite games, ever, but acting like Abby's issues with it are nothing more than 'some made up reason that isn't real' is both super shitty, and so easily disproven in this specific case as to make the entire argument laughable.
Hey I like Abby, I just thought it was a bit silly to complain about that scene in particular when Geraldo literally has his legs spread in the air naked

Why can't everyone just be naked

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
If 2019 leftism is going to depend on Chapo Trap House and other purveoys of "dirtbag leftism" who are less "stuck up" (ie. OK with racism and sexism because they've gotten annoyed by somebody 'woke') think being best buddies with Cumtown and such, nah, I'm good with lots of people not being OK with it.

As opposed to the very moderate and nuanced reasons people don't like the things Abby likes, such as Dream Daddy. Also incredibly hilarious you're comparing Dan's support of an actual asshole like Vince McMahon and Abby ya' know, not enjoying a game that sexualizes women.

I'm happy Giantbomb is one of the few places that for example, is perfectly happy not to think The Witcher 3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread or doesn't immediately crown Disco Elysium because it occasionally talks about Communism.
You missed the entire point of my post. Good job.

Oct 27, 2017
If 2019 leftism is going to depend on Chapo Trap House and other purveoys of "dirtbag leftism" who are less "stuck up" (ie. OK with racism and sexism because they've gotten annoyed by somebody 'woke') think being best buddies with Cumtown and such, nah, I'm good with lots of people not being OK with it.

I'm not surprised at all CTH is popular - anything that appeals to aggrieved dudes is incredibly popular on the Internet, while in real life, the people who actually won elections were disproportionately women and minorities running on the typical Democratic positions on "identity politics' issues, not anti-woke scolds.

This is a nice fiction you're working on mate, you should flesh it out some more

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

I pitched this Kerbal series to GB East. I really want to see it happen!

Project B.E.S.T.

East vs. West Kerbal Space Race

Probably not the best idea to pit the coasts against each other for a long-running competitive series but I already hit the post button. (This is an edit.)

Last edited:

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess, you also think Cancel Culture is a big problem and think the Left would win if those damn moderates would stop telling workers to stop using racist slurs or sexually harassing women, right?

I'm going to guess the vast majority of people who vote for Bernie largely agree with the actual positions of the "scolds" in society, as far as making things less racist, sexist, and bigoted, as opposed to Patreon funded trust fund podcasters in Brooklyn who think the way to victory is letting people say retard again and think identity politics is terrible (except for of course, the identity politics of white dudes who complain online about identity politics).

I'm not surprised at all CTH is popular - anything that appeals to aggrieved dudes is incredibly popular on the Internet, while in real life, the people who actually won elections were disproportionately women and minorities running on the typical Democratic positions on "identity politics' issues, not anti-woke scolds.

But yes, we're probably not going to agree.
This is some truly wild and bizarre stereotyping.

Also, as I've said in here a couple times, Disco Elysium does more than "mention" communism. It has a nuanced and analytical approach to how ideologies impact individuals' and cohorts' views; I do not think I've played a game with a more interesting or substantive relationship to what politics do and are.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
This Disco Elysium shit just feels so silly. They did exactly what they've done since this sites inception - played a random game they found, did a video on it, talked about how they feel on it, and in this case their view on it happened to be middling to negative. Sounds like nearly every Quick Look since 2008. I don't get expecting them to go some extra mile on this game over any other game.

I doubt Abby had any idea what the fuck that game even was before she played it for the QL. Likely looked at it the same way she, and the rest of the crew, have looked at numerous random Steam games they've found, done a QL, and forgotten hours later. This just happened to be a game that resonated with people, and because she was not high as fuck on the game, she didn't 'prepare', 'did it dirty', 'is wrong!!!!11'.

I look forward to playing it later, it's cool it's a game that apparently get's some progressive shit right. I could care less if Abby, or Vinny bounced off it. They did a video on the funny video game website, and as far as I'm concerned, they did all they have to do on it.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Fuckin' DE fans.

I like Disco Elysium and also I think its portrayal of union workers as lazy entitled ruffians is really weird

In all fairness it's more about how unions can become corrupted and that not all of the working class are saints rather than suggesting that all unions are bad. It matches up with the tone of the world and how often worker focused movements can be taken over by ruthless individuals.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I am so sick and want to go to bed so badly but I know I'll get up at 3 AM and then fall asleep in the middle of the work day.

It's not like Death Stranding is going to keep me awake. I need mile-a-minute excitement!

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Fuckin' DE fans.

In all fairness it's more about how unions can become corrupted and that not all of the working class are saints rather than suggesting that all unions are bad. It matches up with the tone of the world and how often worker focused movements can be taken over by ruthless individuals.
Yeah, I had a similar read.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
listen I'm not saying y'all don't have important things to work through

but I had a very long day of work and I am about to head into Kojima's delivery hell at some point in the next few hours

so I could use some chiller vibes, in this thread

dude

what?

It one hit kills you out of nowhere, you can easily fall to your death, AND the walk back is torturously long and filled with enemies.

Made me give up after dying just two or three times.
I dont know! it took like 30 seconds, i barely even remember it.

you jump back and forth and toss clocks at it. I think i died once because i fucked up a jump.

I think you're talking about different fights...?

pit is the mold thing, not the Anchor you throw clocks at

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My favorite part of the Giant Bomb audience is how everyone climbs over each other to "WELL ACKTUALLY" Abby whenever she has a negative first impression about a video game regarding inclusive.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

I thought that was Eva Green in the preview image. Shame it isn't. She's always up for dumb bullshit.

There's an image I never wanted in my head...
0201-Geraldo-Rivera-NJ-Senate-really-republican.jpg

Deleted member 29195

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This Disco Elysium shit just feels so silly. They did exactly what they've done since this sites inception - played a random game they found, did a video on it, talked about how they feel on it, and in this case their view on it happened to be middling to negative. Sounds like nearly every Quick Look since 2008. I don't get expecting them to go some extra mile on this game over any other game.

I doubt Abby had any idea what the fuck that game even was before she played it for the QL. Likely looked at it the same way she, and the rest of the crew, have looked at numerous random Steam games they've found, done a QL, and forgotten hours later. This just happened to be a game that resonated with people, and because she was not high as fuck on the game, she didn't 'prepare', 'did it dirty', 'is wrong!!!!11'.

I look forward to playing it later, it's cool it's a game that apparently get's some progressive shit right. I could care less if Abby, or Vinny bounced off it. They did a video on the funny video game website, and as far as I'm concerned, they did all they have to do on it.
I think the difference is that they're calling it appealing to racists and sexists. They said it can be a racists' fantasy. And the game can't. So people are reacting pretty aggressively and emotionally. To be clear, folks getting very upset about it is not ok. Just needs to be dropped and moved on from.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I think the difference is that they're calling it appealing to racists and sexists. They said it can be a racists' fantasy. And the game can't. So people are reacting pretty aggressively and emotionally. To be clear, folks getting very upset about it is not ok. Just needs to be dropped and moved on from.
Does anyone at Giant Bomb actually say that it's a "racists fantasy"?

Deleted member 29195

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone at Giant Bomb actually say that it's a "racists fantasy"?
I'd have to find the exact quote from the last Beastcast. But I believe it was something like "I'm not interested in playing a game that appeals to racists, or is a fantasy for racists". I don't mean to spread misinformation - apologies.

LOL did they say this before or after playing Call of Duty and WWE games LOL LOLOL
EDIT: Here it is, sorry for not finding it sooner 1:11:13:
Abby: "...it depends how you play. But I think for me I'm turned off by the writing, I appreciated some of the choices it lets you make, but I think for me I have little interest in a game that lets you be racist or lets you be sexist, and I appreciate why they might do that I guess but like I don't care to ever cater to that kind of audience or even have anybody explore that kind of fantasy."
Vinny: "
I definitely understand why people are like: I just don't want to see this"
Abby: "....I also don't like that the writing is very cynical and like 'Being woke is dumb right?'"
Vinny: "I didn't get that from it"
Abby: "I got some vibes from that but I think it also could just be the character I had?"

Last edited:

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
I'd like to take a moment to speak on something important.

Whoever suggested the white Monster energy cans, you were super right. It's pretty good! I might rank it as the best energy drink I've had after regular-ass Red Bull.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Did King Diamond just drop the hottest single of 2019?

Don't fight it

Not bad!

I don't really know him other than the Merciful Fate cover from Metallica (which I fucking LOVE)... I'm generally not a big fan of super high pitch metal singers... Bruce Dickinson is the highest I generally go

LOL did they say this before or after playing Call of Duty and WWE games LOL LOLOL

Speaking of which... I was happy to see that Abby is no longer using the Hulk Hogan avatar on Slack

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad!

I don't really know him other than the Merciful Fate cover from Metallica (which I fucking LOVE)... I'm generally not a big fan of super high pitch metal singers... Bruce Dickinson is the highest I generally go
King is definitely an acquired taste

I actually think his most recent album, which might be ten years old by now, might be his most accessible if you ever want to give him a listen

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Australia sucks too, but after listening to Waypoints I don't understand how 90% of Americans aren't constantly screaming in the streets at the injustice of everything

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Australia sucks too, but after listening to Waypoints I don't understand how 90% of Americans aren't constantly screaming in the streets at the injustice of everything
When injustice is normal, the solution seems abnormal.

Systemic problems are a helluva thing.

Plus the whole "American Exceptionalism" lie. How can the best country in the world possibly be doing things wrong?! It's an added barrier to any change.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
When injustice is normal, the solution seems abnormal.

Systemic problems are a helluva thing.

Plus the whole "American Exceptionalism" lie. How can the best country in the world possibly be doing things wrong?! It's an added barrier to any change.

Yeah I lie I absolutely do understand why. Capitalism just got me steamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.