• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the new Star Wars game a soulslike? They're not big fans of that genre. Not enough to put it on a GOTY list.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know if it's a soulslike more than it is a game that went to the "Darksiders School of Cannibalising Other Games' Mechanics", and it remains to be seen if it ends up being more than the sum of its parts.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There more I read about Jedi: Fallen Order the more optimistic I'm getting. I think it's going to be really good.

Deleted member 5322

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean GB seems to mostly dislike death stranding so maybe if the new star wars game turns out to be great then yeah it could be on the goty list. it's the last big release of the year after all (well, there's also shenmue 3 on Nov 19th but yeah I don't see that getting on the list).
Who could forget WATTAM

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Not signposting the consequences of choices is a creative/design risk that can backfire. Not really fair--at all--to blame Abby because she didn't look up a guide before playing.

The reaction to Abby's (and, GB's) thoughts on DE has been gross to witness. It's toxic fandom, 100%.

I'm not blaming her. That's a weirdly loaded phrase. It's not even an Abby specific issue. However, I think it's apparent just how much better GB's content becomes when they put effort and thought into what they are covering critically.

Look at the recent Death Stranding conversations vs basically any other release this year. It's not a surprise that their best discussions come as a result from many of them playing many hours of a game, you know, like a video game site, rather than one staff member muddling with something outside of their genre comfort zone for a few hours then sticking out a 30-minute video talking about how problematic it is.

I'm not pretending there isn't a toxic element to some of the backlash, I don't think Vinny was out of order with what he said on the Beastcast for example. But sometimes GB are massively overreaching when they try to bring critical thought to something.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Titanfall's 2 campaign had maybe the most imaginative level design ever in an FPS. I just can't see a game of theirs being monotonous.
I believe this is a different team though

There are still some very talented folks on this project, but everything they've shown hasn't sparked an ounce of excitement.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
A review of movies I watched on the flight back

Detective Pikachu

It's aight. Watching Pokemon interact in the world is fun but good Lord that ending is dumb. CG Mewtwo is also creepy AF.

Once upon a time in Hollywood

I... Don't get it? It feels like 3 random stories with a random ass conclusion to tie everything together in the end except not really? It's cool to see DiCaprio and Brad Pitt bro out I guess.

Spiderverse

Really enjoyed this surprisingly. Rajkot awesome animations and also really heartfelt in a way I've never felt from any other Marvel movie. Really liked washed up Peter Parker and miles' relationship at the end too. That part worked really well for me.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up redbox ing death stranding so I could at least get some time with it

I actually think the opening hours were pretty great.
I'm still early. And have really only done one or two journeys it's been mostly cutscenes. But I've been having a good time.

My wife is going to be very upset if something happens to my BB

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Antiwhippy

If you know about the Charles Manson murders (which you might or not), that's really where Once Upon A Time In Hollywood makes it's impact especially in that final act which sure is something.

Looks like you saw a good haul of movies. Spiderverse was the best movie of 2019 (for me).

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprisingly, Jeff way hyperbolized the BB stuff.

They're surgically removed from still mothers and the pod tricks them into thinking they're still in their mother's womb.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017

They're surgically removed from still mothers and the pod tricks them into thinking they're still in their mother's womb.

That's not the part he had a problem with

It's more about
the dead mothers
than anything about the BB.

I also think it's a dad thing. Being a new dad myself almost anything with a baby hits me harder.

That new pet semetary movie despite sucking was really hard to watch

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Today I was walking by the rivers when I accidentally ran into a ghost while I was trying to throw vials of my own urine at them and the whole area got flooded with printer ink. While I did get attacked by a giant squid I managed to escape by jumping on some rocks but I fell off a cliff. The baby I keep in a jar was really upset so I rocked him for a bit until he calmed down. Once he was settled I drank myself some Monster™ Energy and continued my job delivering underwear to a prepper.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Antiwhippy

If you know about the Charles Manson murders (which you might or not), that's really where Once Upon A Time In Hollywood makes it's impact especially in that final act which sure is something.

Looks like you saw a good haul of movies. Spiderverse was the best movie of 2019 (for me).

I have the general outline of the Manson thing but I don't get how it ties into the rick Dalton and the other Hollywood story other than some crazy coincidental stuff.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also they are killed after 1 year of use.

Props on Sony for clearly giving Kojima creative freedom. But also maybe KP could have used one guy in that room to say "What the hell"

Oct 25, 2017
That's not the part he had a problem with

It's more about
the dead mothers
than anything about the BB.

I also think it's a dad thing. Being a new dad myself almost anything with a baby hits me harder.

Also given the difficulties Jeff and his wife went through in lead up to the birth i feel it would resonate more for him and thus an increased level of disgust.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does death stranding have good sounds?

haven't started it yet because i am stupid

mgsv had good sounds

like the text to the left

tiiiktiktiiiiiktiktiktik

or the helicopter door opening sounds

whhhhEEhhhWHOMP

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Abby didn't just say she didn't like the game, she implied it was morally weird because she made a character intentionally dumb then didnt understand that would impact on the dialogue choices. I haven't played the game but it was just a bad Quick Look. Sometimes Giant Bomb are wrong and that is ok.

As the first response to your post showed, for some parts of the fanbase it's never, ever OK to admit GB got anything wrong.

May 5, 2018

mgsv had good sounds

tiiiktiktiiiiiktiktiktik

whhhhEEhhhWHOMP
Jeff talked about how much he liked the not MGS Codec sounds for each of the characters that call you. So yeah sound design is top notch.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I'm dying. We've hit a new frontier.

bzSJ6Xa.gif

Exercising while talking and playing. I must say, this is a lot more involved than I thought it was.

Deleted member 51957

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Wow the 65" is way too big for our space. It's comical. But it was only a few hundred more than the 55", and I think it's smart to futureproof.

Owners of this TV -- any recommendation for HDR settings? It's so bright that our eyes hurt when we watch lol. Is turning that down simply the 'OLED Light' setting? I read not to adjust the 'brightness' setting itself because that changes the actual picture.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Good thing the Internet went down across one provider all over the province. Got sent home from my first shift so now instead of training I get to try to recuperate.

mgsv had good sounds

tiiiktiktiiiiiktiktiktik

whhhhEEhhhWHOMP
The jingles are unique per character which is great, but the overall UI is kinda bloated and not as snappy as MGSV.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone else just find Norman Reedus annoying?

I don't know what it is, I'd just rather be looking at pretty much anything else on earth.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the 65" is way too big for our space. It's comical. But it was only a few hundred more than the 55", and I think it's smart to futureproof.

Owners of this TV -- any recommendation for HDR settings? It's so bright that our eyes hurt when we watch lol. Is turning that down simply the 'OLED Light' setting? I read not to adjust the 'brightness' setting itself because that changes the actual picture.

Yeah, you want to turn down the OLED light. I'm gonna miss the brightness of my TCL when I get my OLED! Thing can get up to 1,200 nits in certain parts!

For settings, you can refer to this RTINGS guide

www.rtings.com

LG C9 OLED Calibration Settings

We used the following calibration settings to review the LG 55" C9 (OLED55C9), and we expect them to be valid for the 65" model (OLED65C9), and the 77" model (OLED77C9).

Just don't mess with the white balance stuff

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying Death Stranding. I thought the opening hours were strong. Kojima writing is still goofy. Someone once said his scripts are just Wikipedia pages of concepts he's interested in and it's still kinda that.

I'm sure the game will hit a lull soon as it becomes more repetitive with with less story development, but i'm strangely enjoying just delivering stuff and traversing the landscape.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Also they are killed after 1 year of use.

Props on Sony for clearly giving Kojima creative freedom. But also maybe KP could have used one guy in that room to say "What the hell"
Eh. I don't even think that's extreme compared to shit you do in other video games, forget tv and movies.

It's certainly provocative but that's not a bad thing.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Wait the 80s song video is actually original content? I assumed it was just splicing together the segments from the different Bombcasts.

There goes my Saturday morning lol

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, there is such a feeling of momentum with the movement in Death Stranding. Almost ran off of a cliff just now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.