• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that Jedi is is very "Metroidvania" has put me even further off

Where are the linear action games man

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
irCO20c.gif

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I like Death Stranding, but boy I could really do without the BT sections. Those are not even remotely enjoyable.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
my two big death stranding cons 5 hours in:

- stealth gets in the way of my beautiful walking simulator and is a huge buzzkill
- can't hide norman's scraggly facial hair

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I think I like Death Stranding, but boy I could really do without the BT sections. Those are not even remotely enjoyable.
So

You can kind of just sprint through them. If you have full stamina and just book it they'll chase you but you should be fine. That stuff is a lot more lenient than the game tries to make you think.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, Ben did a Quick look for the new Gunvolt game:

Played this on Steam and it's great. Get this if you're looking for your late-era Mega Man fix.

Also kudos to Ben for highlighting something that would go under the radar otherwise.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So

You can kind of just sprint through them. If you have full stamina and just book it they'll chase you but you should be fine. That stuff is a lot more lenient than the game tries to make you think.

That helps significantly. Thanks!

Yay, Ben did a Quick look for the new Gunvolt game:

Played this on Steam and it's great. Also kudos to Ben for highlighting something that would go under the radar otherwise.

I'm behind on content but i'm looking forward to watching this QL at some point. Seems like a cool game.

May 5, 2018
I just beat the boss on floor 12 of Luigi's Mansion and that to me is a serious contender for best moment or sequence. The whole fight from top to bottom was awesome!
Its Captain Fishhook, the pirate shark ghost.

latest

Look at this cool guy! He possesses the floor of the ship to try and eat Luigi but you have to launch these barrel bombs into his mouth in order to get him out of the floor. His final phase is even more radical since he controls an entire side of the pirate ship and tilts it his way to eat Luigi. It perfectly blends the pirate and shark tropes of the boss and I was hyped from beginning to end. In a game where there are already some great boss fights, this was the best one by far! Now put Captain Fishhook in Mario Kart cowards!

Oct 27, 2017
reading the thread about the airpod pros and people are like

'well the sound quality is bad, the noise cancellation isn't very good but im still gonna buy em'

damn the apple cult is strong as hell.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Following on from Thursdays review of green "default" monster energy. I present my White Monster Energy preview.

I enjoy the texture of the can. Its fun to touch. I wonder if its easier to grip then a normal can in extreme situations.

The can = 4/5 stars

Smerdyakov

Nov 13, 2017
An anonymous person threw out some big donos to help ZombiePie and Thatpinguino (GB mods) reach their Extra Life goals

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
encountering bts for the first time

pressed the touchpad because i misremembered it being the map button and sam just started yelling

that was a big oopsie

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
reading the thread about the airpod pros and people are like

'well the sound quality is bad, the noise cancellation isn't very good but im still gonna buy em'

damn the apple cult is strong as hell.
Yup

Granted I just bought a pair of WF-1000MX3s and I'm returning them because of connection issues and discomfort. If the airpods didn't sound like shit for $250 I'd give them a shot.
That's very good to know because so far the BT sections are the only thing I don't like.
Yeah, originally I tried waiting out the time fall and being as stealthy as possible which was super frustrating but you don't really need to do that. As long as you're aware of your surroundings and have enough stamina you're good.

The only challenge in this game is traversal.

Last edited:

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Man I was playing some RDR2 in a dark room and the light from the logo on the xbox one controller is like a fucking flashlight, who comes up with this shit.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slamming back some fucking monster, increasing my energy levels by 25% and not hurting my cock with the owwie crystals

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sam p-please

leave some monster for the rest of us

we can't get anymore

SAM

(i drank all the monster on the table)

May 5, 2018
The only thing I can say about Death Stranding is that it kind of feels wild seeing a new Hideo Kojima game get so much marketing when watching American football. Sure it's Sony's next big console exclusive, but I'm honestly not sure how much of a crossover there is for college football/NFL fans and Kojima fans.

Also Abby would hate this thread.

www.resetera.com

I hate Silver the Hedgehog so much

Don’t think I’m some big Sonic fan or anything (edit: actually I am. Looking back at this thread I meant this as in a Sonic vs. Silver type context, worded weird). I haven’t played a modern Sonic game since Generations (not including Mania). It’s just every time I happen to see this thing it...

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
everything I've read about the complaints re: BTs and human combat make it sound like the game has two speeds: completely frictionless and unchallenging, and slows/stops the proceedings with something that isn't really "challenging" but just wastes your time

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Control is an amazing video game and i'm sad I tuned out all the discourse when it came out. Was Jeff the only one who enjoyed it all the way through? I recall Vinny and Abby getting bored with it.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I don't think anyone except Jeff has been really enthusiastic about Control though?
Still my goty.cx this year. Damn I want that DLC. Loved the notes, the Darling tapes, Threshold Kids. Everything about the lore was just amazing.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to chapter 3 of DS
I feel like I'm already starting to see the cracks forming in this game.

Yeah you can run past the bts but that makes it even more annoying somehow. Bike gets stuck, get off get some shit knocked loose. Run away. Run back, maybe throw a grenade.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ring fit adventure looks interesting... Hmmm depending how good the silent mode is cause I'm on the second floor

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone except Jeff has been really enthusiastic about Control though?
Still my goty.cx this year. Damn I want that DLC. Loved the notes, the Darling tapes, Threshold Kids. Everything about the lore was just amazing.

I just go to the point near the mid-end of the game where

you find all the documents recounting the events in Ordinary

and even that little nugget of backstory would be an engrossing movie.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
I just beat the boss on floor 12 of Luigi's Mansion and that to me is a serious contender for best moment or sequence. The whole fight from top to bottom was awesome!
Its Captain Fishhook, the pirate shark ghost.

latest

Look at this cool guy! He possesses the floor of the ship to try and eat Luigi but you have to launch these barrel bombs into his mouth in order to get him out of the floor. His final phase is even more radical since he controls an entire side of the pirate ship and tilts it his way to eat Luigi. It perfectly blends the pirate and shark tropes of the boss and I was hyped from beginning to end. In a game where there are already some great boss fights, this was the best one by far! Now put Captain Fishhook in Mario Kart cowards!

He was my 2nd favorite boss. My favorite is a couple more after him, but he was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.