• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I appreciate how much Troy Baker is allowed to chew the scenery. He seems to be having a lot more fun than everyone else.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sam, this is Heartman

I've collected enough of your shower water where I now have a surplus of it available

We should sell it, Sam

Let's sell your stinky shower water on the Chiral Network

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Duders

Death Stranding is fun

I..yeah. I know I should probably finish it but it's engrossing so far

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Owen Bad

x2YlxsU.gif

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
So I'm several hours into Death Stranding and I'm liking it a lot. I'm not surprised Dan doesn't after Red Dead 2, but I am a bit perplexed that he ended up loving Breath of the Wild as to me that seems as loaded with annoying mechanics as DS or RD2.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should've doubled down on the product placement in Death Stranding and made Totino's pizza rolls as treats you can throw to distract BTs

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to chapter 3 of DS
I feel like I'm already starting to see the cracks forming in this game.

Yeah you can run past the bts but that makes it even more annoying somehow. Bike gets stuck, get off get some shit knocked loose. Run away. Run back, maybe throw a grenade.

Right, being able to run through them makes them feel like annoying speed bumps in a game I'm otherwise enjoying. The blood grenades alone trivialize them completely and I'm wondering if that's going to change, as I understand that my equipment will only get much better.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Played another 6 hours of DS, and yeah, it's great. Completing other people's bridges, upgrading their postboxes, building my own bridges and watchtowers and seeing people use them, seeing people's abandoned cargo and returning them, adjusting my cargo on my body and my bike, sorting orders and prepping routes, checking lost cargo in delivery terminals to see which ones I can pick up and deliver on the way, keeping Norman Reedus' silly body from falling over as he goes down a slope while holding his breath with 120kg of shit strapped to him rapidly decaying in the time rain and the wind blowing in his face while BTs hover closer and closer to him because his BB is getting agitated, and finally getting to a clearing with a breath-taking view of the sea and a port and a chill ass song starts playing and the camera pulls all the way back. This game rules.

Literally the only thing that has disappointed me are the MULES. They're jokes! Just zero tension in the encounters because they're dumb and I can parry every single one of them easily for an instant KO.

I've only ever had to fight BTs twice, and those were for missions. Yeah, there hasn't been much to it, but at the very least it looks cool as fuck.

Just about to start Episode 3 and I'm looking forward to having more stuff to build, different cargo to carry, and new order restrictions to keep me on my toes!

And yes, I can see how Alex and Vinny (and Rob over at Waypoint) soured on the game at the last third. If all this engaging delivery stuff gets shunted aside for EPIC CLIMACTIC BOSS BATTLES and ENDLESS WAVES OF ENEMIES and HOUR-LONG SPEECHIFYING WITH PROPER NOUNS that actually just feel tedious to get through is going to bum me out.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the narrative purpose BTs serve is pretty cool and I still find the encounters tense (the visuals and sound design...kojima make a horror game). They also seem to be spread out enough so that you're not constantly running into them.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking christ I've been breezing through Control until this
Panopticon TV
boss fight. What the actual fuck is this?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Duders

Death Stranding is fun

I..yeah. I know I should probably finish it but it's engrossing so far
When you get to Chapter 3 it starts to really open up. I totally get why Kojima said the first half can be a slog. I've put 16 hours into it since Thurs night. If it can stick the landing, its probably my GOTY

does alex's review say whether he played online or not? Dont wanna read it until i finish

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
When you get to Chapter 3 it starts to really open up. I totally get why Kojima said the first half can be a slog. I've put 16 hours into it since Thurs night. If it can stick the landing, its probably my GOTY

does alex's review say whether he played online or not? Dont wanna read it until i finish
For What I remember from the podcast they all played online, but in a smaller community of other press people.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
ok uh I don't know the specifics but
apparently Death Knight is now recruitable and also an S support option for male and female Byleths
so there goty solved

Status
Not open for further replies.