• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
This podcast is great so far though haha.

Although calling Tetris Effect pretentious then saying God of War was game of the year.

ad30c38f4ff852336732ebb7e031cd474d9da710.gif
Damn this Ron guy sounds like he knows his shit

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Only five minutes in and I love Ron on this podcast. Damn I love Ron Funches.

I think Vinny is having a ball with being able to just be funny and joking around.

Last edited:

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
vinny: "we had to do that with a dreamcast for shenmue 2" (turn it upside down)

or does he say shenmue too.

Giving me false hope here

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
God, I am this close to going out at getting a SSD now that early Black Friday deals are happening but I really, really don't want to deal with the process of migrating my Windows installation to another drive. That sounds like a headache and potential disaster if I fuck it up.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if GOTY stuff is only a week long this year or if it was just a generalization when Abby said going to SF for a week for Stadia.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, I am this close to going out at getting a SSD now that early Black Friday deals are happening but I really, really don't want to deal with the process of migrating my Windows installation to another drive. That sounds like a headache and potential disaster if I fuck it up.
Seems like this should be an easy process in 2019. "Hey, move this drive to this drive." Nuts if not the case.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
Boy am I super confused about the chromecast hate still.

I don't want a device with a bunch of shitty tv apps.
I love that chromecasts have no UI/menu.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
Using a remote as a controller is a bad experience. Being attached to your phone whenever you want to watch tv sucks imo
Using a remote as a controller? huh?

When do you ever not have your phone when you are watching tv?
Maybe I just don't understand the lifes yall are living. I am not sure my phone is ever more than like, 2 feet from my body.

Also "attached" is a weird word. I go to netflix on my phone, i put it on the tv. it plays. It isn't like i have to be in constant contact with my phone/cant do other things with my phone at the same time

And it also means if im watching tv in my living room, and want to go into the bedroom and watch the same thing. I can just quickly cast to the other chromecast.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Boy am I super confused about the chromecast hate still.

I don't want a device with a bunch of shitty tv apps.
I love that chromecasts have no UI/menu.
While I really like Chromecasts I don't love that they don't have TV UIs as an option.
That's a lot more social imo, when sitting at the cough with a few people and deciding what to watch.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Using a remote as a controller? huh?

When do you ever not have your phone when you are watching tv?
Maybe I just don't understand the lifes yall are living. I am not sure my phone is ever more than like, 2 feet from my body.

Also "attached" is a weird word. I go to netflix on my phone, i put it on the tv. it plays. It isn't like i have to be in constant contact with my phone/cant do other things with my phone at the same time
I've never once had any desire to use Netflix on my phone over the perfectly functional app installed on my tv. The phone is a needless middleman and has no business being involved, it's just a further way for google to lock customers into their ecosystem.

I think casting is a nice feature but I'd never want to use it as a primary method of watching tv.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want video apps on my phone though.
See this is what I mean, I think yall are just living a different life than me.
I watch a lot of videos on my phone. And the phone versions of the apps are way better than the tv versions.

While I really like Chromecasts I don't love that they don't have TV UIs as an option.
That's a lot more social imo, when sitting at the cough with a few people and deciding what to watch.

That is the best argument against it I have heard. But also, im a 33 year old man, i can't remember the last time ive been sitting in a room with more than my wife trying to figure out what to watch. But that makes sense.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't really imagine not having video apps on my phone tbh. Starting to think this might be a generational thing.

That said, I would appreciate it if Chromecasts had an optional TV interface... Though, now that I think of it, I suppose you could just get a decent Android TV box - Nvidia Shield or similar - instead, since I'm reasonably sure they can do all the Chromecast stuff too.

I've never once had any desire to use Netflix on my phone over the perfectly functional app installed on my tv. The phone is a needless middleman and has no business being involved, it's just a further way for google to lock customers into their ecosystem.

I think casting is a nice feature but I'd never want to use it as a primary method of watching tv.

I mean, I suppose that's true to an extent, but one thing I actually like about Chromecast is that it's pretty platform agnostic. It works on my iPad nearly as well as it does on my Pixel.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't really imagine not having video apps on my phone tbh. Starting to think this might be a generational thing.

That said, I would appreciate it if Chromecasts had an optional TV interface... Though, now that I think of it, I suppose you could just get a decent Android TV box - Nvidia Shield or similar - instead, since I'm reasonably sure they can do all the Chromecast stuff too.

well with a chromecast couldn't i just cast my entire phone to the chromecast? and do that?

Alright Ill be the old man here and just shut up because i agree that maybe this is a generational thing lol.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
That is the best argument against it I have heard. But also, im a 33 year old man, i can't remember the last time ive been sitting in a room with more than my wife trying to figure out what to watch. But that makes sense.
Even when it's my gf and I, there are times when we'd really like to have a UI when we're absently browsing to decide, often us doing it right now with two phones, which feels so silly.

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
Even when it's my gf and I, there are times when we'd really like to have a UI when we're absently browsing to decide, often us doing it right now with two phones, which feels so silly.

Yeah but then when I want to do that, i could just load up my ps4 or something.
We have so many devices that can do netflix/youtube if that situation were to arise

I guess that is my real question, for those of you with rokus, why not just use your PS4/xbox?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
well with a chromecast couldn't i just cast my entire phone to the chromecast? and do that?

Alright Ill be the old man here and just shut up because i agree that maybe this is a generational thing lol.
I don't see what being able to cast your phone has to do with wanting an optional TV interface tbh. It's not something I'd use much regardless, but I like the idea of having a choice between using my phone and, well, not.

I basically never watch stuff on a TV, come to think of it. iPad, phone and PC all get vastly more usage.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having a nice big tv and staring at your tiny phone as you decide what to watch

Why?!

I'm 25 before someone ok boomers me

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
TV UIs are always terrible and slow and clunky.

I can bring up a video on my YouTube mobile app wayyy faster than I can type it in with a fuckin tv remote

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine having a nice big tv and staring at your tiny phone as you decide what to watch

Why?!

I'm 25 before someone ok boomers me
I've just never gotten into the habit of, like, just sitting in the living room browsing stuff to watch on the TV, honestly. I barely use the TV at all, and when I do it's to watch something specific.

I am a lil bit younger than you fwiw.

Last edited:

BearPawB

Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen Terminator 1
Somehow.
I should probably change that.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
ron funches is funny on this and it's a nice shot in the arm for the beastcast

however I will not stand for him calling outer wilds pretentious. WTF

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate it when people call things pretentious. It's a really lazy criticism. It should only be reserved for absolute tripe like The Fountain.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'd love a fart counter, but I'd want to turn it off while I was sitting at my desk...especially if other people could see my fart count live.

Status
Not open for further replies.