• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2018
Pillboi from The Good Place was terrible.
it's frustrating because i think eugene cordero is funny and can even act fairly decently (particularly with humor, which makes sense considering his comedy background). and it wasn't just him, literally everyone in that episode just felt like they were reading their lines off a teleprompter. and i can buy gina carano as a badass star wars character but she just cannot act, at least in anything i've seen her in. all of that combined with a boring episode plot and weirdly cheesy/cliche montage scene was just kind of overwhelming.

i didn't really love the first 2 episodes either (they were fine) but the 3rd ep was pretty cool. i still just don't have any attachment to the main character or anything else about the plot other than baby yoda.

Deleted member 6769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just watched the video, having completely forgotten i had read this post, and i was also not expecting alex getting quoted on a video about american state media (let's be honest that's what fox news is) rehabilitating a mercenary group that committed war crimes in iraq.

it is also supremely gross that microsoft even allowed that game to be on their platform... but i guess call of duty is still a guaranteed hit every year and the latest release is incredibly likely to be in giant bomb's top 10 this year! i know they brought up the highway of death propaganda when that started making the news, but i wonder if they'll mention it again during deliberations.
It'll probably be one of those things where it gets a brief mention, then promptly forgotten about when they move onto the multiplayer and other stuff. To be fair, I don't expect them to go into a political analysis on why call of duty isn't great on a GOTY podcast. Just not the kinda thing they tend to do.

Oct 25, 2017
and i can buy gina carano as a badass star wars character but she just cannot act, at least in anything i've seen her in.

Carano's gotten better over the years, but yeah she's gone from like 'oh she's like one of those wrestlers who doesn't know how to inflect their voice at all' to 'high school drama line reads that have some inflection but still sound like stilted line reads'

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
no one tell anyone but I've invented a revolutionary new product

instead of managing costly subscriptions to many varying streaming services, you can pay one price and get access to a shitton of programming
all you need to do is hook up this xbox shaped device to your tv
best of all you don't even need to use your internet to watch anything

I'm still working on it so don't say anything

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Disney+ subscription.

I have no choice.

Although it actually got me to cut Netflix loose so it has already been worth it.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I hope they change the GOTY format. Last year was really rough. I think I just skipped the middle days since there weren't any actual categories been discussed or debated.
I don't really get this complaint as I found them going through the year chronologically made for a reflective and relaxing listen. We also got to listen to their opinions on every game that they have played throughout the year, especially ones that would not get the chance to be talked as much about once the knives were out. I felt it made things better because when the knives came out, the games that wouldn't hang already got the boot within the first 3 days.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
Baby Yoda is Disney's final gambit at trying to make their deluge of Star Wars work. He is weak, an empty gesture.

It's also literally the only thing about the Mandalorian I'm aware of.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
turducken but it's a goose with yoda veal inside

happy holidays
image0.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm on the last parts of Fallen Order and honestly I really liked it. Since the patch it hasn't been nearly as janky, but it very obviously needed a few more months. I hope Respawn gets to keep making single player games like this.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Using GOTY as a way to re-cap the entire year is actually a great idea but last year it kind of cannibalized any actual awards or interesting directed discussions of them in the meantime for those first two days, I think that was my problem with it at the time. It felt like prep-work for GOTY that they just recorded instead but then it took like two days worth of categories along with it. If the goal of last year was to make it feel more positive, I think cutting out a lot of the goofy categories was a contradictory approach I hope they change this time around. I do love them starting from the top of the year and going down, though, I just don't want it to feel like it came at the expense of anything else.

Last edited:

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
None of the Soulsbornekiro games feel derivative or streamlined to negative effect...except DS3, which managed both. The extent to which it tried to evoke DS1 was a bummer, and so was the fact that it retreated from so many of DS2's more interesting innovations.

I still enjoyed it, and I hope to genuinely fall in love whenever I replay it. Easily my least favorite game in that lineage, though.

I was surprised to see Gina Carano , and I am glad that we will see her again .

same

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get this complaint as I found them going through the year chronologically made for a reflective and relaxing listen. We also got to listen to their opinions on every game that they have played throughout the year, especially ones that would not get the chance to be talked as much about once the knives were out.
I came to listen to Game of the Year. Not Year In Review. 9+ hours before any category deliberations is just tedium. At least do the fun categories on the early days or something. I want debate and deliberation, even if it's over something silly like "Best Shopkeeper" or "Best Surprise" or "Please Stop".

I'd also note that the 2018 format just killed all the fun/lighthearted/topical categories in lieu of a tedious rundown of almost every game released. Even the Best Character category did not make the cut.

Last edited:

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty much completely over the debating side of GOTY. Especially when literally none of them ever have convincing arguments and it is always just who is the most stubborn.

I'd be quite happy for them to only do personal lists and scrap the consensus list all together.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
As long as no one from Giant Bomb has played the game(s) I like their list is illegitimate anyway.

Bring back skits

Status
Not open for further replies.