• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
What was it? Was it about fucking moms?
during what game did he say it
has he finally seen the light
7c6Um4vl.jpg
He listed hating your dad as a reason to be piloting mechs during the Damon Ex Machina talk I think.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
COD Modern Warfare is activating the pleasure centers of my brain so often, more than previous CODs for some reason.

Deleted member 29195

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
old goty was like
Jeff: I like cod
Alex: no
Jeff: *pulls out gun*
Alex: yeah cod was good

now goty is like
Dan: I loved outer wilds for reasons
Abby: yeah and I also loved thing
Ben: the part with the thing was cool
Abby: wow I never even saw that! that's wild!
Alex: no, that's outer wilds!

it feels like an actual recollection and celebration of the year's games and not just I'm gonna say my piece now we can cut it cuz it's not gonna hang
I don't know. I think people have a point when they say it's also negative to bring up a game you barely played, poorly represent it, and just riff off it for a few minutes. Not negative for the crew, but negative for anyone listening.

To me it does feel worse than "I wanna say my piece", cause at least then the game is still congratulated rather than riffed on.

There's quite a few folks saying the negativity and conflict are not what they're missing.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I must resist a FFVII demo. I've already bought the game and waited years, I can wait two more months!

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they don't pick outer wilds as GOTY. I've been frustrated with their last few choices for GOTY. They just seem to pick the game that no one has strong opinions about. No one hates it, but no one loves it either.

I laughed out loud when Ron Funches told them he hated their pick of Tetris effect and was telling them not to pick outer wilds.
outer wilds is not my goty, but it doesn't whatsoever fit the bill of "no one loves it." a lot of them seemed to be very, very vocal about how much they love it

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I think people have a point when they say it's also negative to bring up a game you barely played, poorly represent it, and just riff off it for a few minutes. Not negative for the crew, but negative for anyone listening.

To me it does feel worse than "I wanna say my piece", cause at least then the game is still congratulated rather than riffed on.

There's quite a few folks saying the negativity and conflict are not what they're missing.

Eh, they misrepresented games just as much in old system because they were constantly sniping at games they hadn't played to get their favourites on.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Trying to get back into Outer Wilds a bit before listening to today's discussion and man that game is hard to get back into. Can someone just spoil me on this one part or give me a hint?

Can I get to the Black Hole Forge from the surface when I raise it? Cause I can't find an entrance there, but I also can't understand how to reach it from the old settlement below the surface. I assume it has something to do with the collapsed towers?

Games like this always make me feel so stupid.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
l like coming back to this tweet after everything that was said about the new star war

p.s: I haven't seen the film yet but will probably go to it sometime next week or some shit

It really resurrected my spirit when they needed to find magic cube A to get to planet B, but in order to find magic cube A they had to find magic dagger C on planet D, but in order to read magic dagger C they had to find translator E on planet F, but in order to find--

oh and then after all that Luke shows up and says he had a copy of magic cube A all along

5 gifts from J.W. Stillwater

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from J.W. Stillwater J.W. Stillwater!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

J.W. Stillwater said:
Woah, thanks for Luigi's Mansion, @Blitzrules240 !! To pay it forward, I've made my own giveaway.
Merry Blitzmas!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Hollow Knight - Won by Silence_and_I Silence_and_I (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Soul Calibur 6 - Won by efr efr (8 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Spyro Reignited Collection - Won by Cels Cels (9 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Mania - Won by PurpleMoustache PurpleMoustache (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Yakuza Kiwami - Won by Sheepinator Sheepinator (17 entries)

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
boy ya'll aint kidding about the GOTY thread yeesh.

I just beat Outer Worlds in about 35 mins on Supernova. I find the combat bland and inventorty management horrible but boy do I love games that let me spec out to win with dialogue and pickpocketting lol.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Realized this didn't actually tag you, Blitzrules240. Thanks again!

here's the URL for VICE's official GOTY 2019 content which is linked out from one of their articles https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/game-of-the-year-2019

seriously does this fuckin website do anything right at this point

At least this link works:
https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/neon-genesis-evangelion

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to find the group GOTY year video for today. Like Family Feud yesterday. Anyone have a link?

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018

Lol yes. For every Outer Wilds there was a Yoshi/KH/Rage2/Fe that was poo pooed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.