• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Got Evil Within 2 on steam sale.
Only played like 10 minutes of EW1.

And this game is good. Not scary. But i really like the loop of it.
I think it is weirdly at its best in the open world parts.

The story isn't great. And it isn't very scary.
But the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish I could like Dishonored. I absolutely love immersive sims, they're one of my favorite genres, but I think the huge emphasis on stealth in Dishonored is what keeps turning me off when I try to play them. Just have Dishonored 3 be Dark Messiah of Might and Magic in a different skin.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I could like Dishonored. I absolutely love immersive sims, they're one of my favorite genres, but I think the huge emphasis on stealth in Dishonored is what keeps turning me off when I try to play them. Just have Dishonored 3 be Dark Messiah of Might and Magic in a different skin.

They have never clicked for me either.
I don't like the good/bad dichotomy because it feels like the game (at least the first one) punishes you for wanting to use your powers in cool ways in combat

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Got Evil Within 2 on steam sale.
Only played like 10 minutes of EW1.

And this game is good. Not scary. But i really like the loop of it.
I think it is weirdly at its best in the open world parts.

The story isn't great. And it isn't very scary.
But the gameplay is a lot of fun.
I got it as a gift and it's good to hear because I'm a wuss but I thought Evil Within 1 was doing interesting things when it wasn't bogged down by antiquated survival horror design choices.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the good/bad dichotomy because it feels like the game (at least the first one) punishes you for wanting to use your powers in cool ways in combat

Yeah that's an issue too. Giving me all these awesome powers but punishing me for murdering fools in crazy ways with them is some razor cake.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Yeah that's an issue too. Giving me all these awesome powers but punishing me for murdering fools in crazy ways with them is some razor cake.
It's still heavily stealth based but the Dishonored 2 DLC Death of the Outsider does away with the entire morality system so you're free to play as you brutally as you wish AND it puts all your powers on cool downs instead of using finite mana to further encourage their usage.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

That part really bugged me too, I never finished the game because of it. I'm already not a fan of stealth games, but when a game gives you non-stealth options and wants you to feel bad for them I just get turned off immediately.

Oct 25, 2017
It's still heavily stealth based but the Dishonored 2 DLC Death of the Outsider does away with the entire morality system so you're free to play as you brutally as you wish AND it puts all your powers on cool downs instead of using finite mana to further encourage their usage.
It's standalone, thankfully. Definitely a good way to check out the series.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
And it's all pre-baked into the character's nature and the game doesn't punish you for it. Going into that DLC you know Billie Lurk has been killing people for years. Of course she'll continue to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really shouldn't care that much but since Steam now shows how many people have gotten certain achievements (or did it always had that feature?) and I can't stop being fascinated by it.
A quarter of all the people who bought Red Dead 2 have not completed the first mission in it. 60% have completed Chapter 1. 20% have completed Chapter 2.
I really wonder if all those people are just playing Red Dead Online or if really that many people just buy games without playing them.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Rosario phones it in so hard in that DLC lol

Oct 25, 2017
I found Basketball Club Story from BAKOON's list and I'm COMPLETELY hooked.

Screenshot_20191227-204356.png

This is INCREDIBLE

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like with the new format and the downplaying of how bad it is with things like they're getting older/Jeff has a baby/they don't want to argue but also the shorter time they have as a collective group and the smaller amount of group content they've put out as a result has me thinking they should just axe GOTY talks. The three day preamble is redundant, the categories get smaller and smaller, just put out personal lists and be done with it imo.

I'm 100% behind just eliminating Game of the Year. Disappointing showing this year; I'm glad we got the Family Feud and Winter Games out of it. We'd be better off if they spent December recording a bunch of content on their respective coasts for release over the holidays.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really shouldn't care that much but since Steam now shows how many people have gotten certain achievements (or did it always had that feature?) and I can't stop being fascinated by it.
A quarter of all the people who bought Red Dead 2 have not completed the first mission in it. 60% have completed Chapter 1. 20% have completed Chapter 2.
I really wonder if all those people are just playing Red Dead Online or if really that many people just buy games without playing them.
Seems being a mess of a port isn't helping either

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my God Amy Sedaris in The Mandalorian. Who asked for this? She's so good and doing her best but...why?

And they go to the original cantina and sit in the original booth from Episode IV. It's all extremely "Hey, remember TATOOINE!?" Fuck ooooffffffff. Please, God, spare me.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think I have played a game for 100+ hours since I was a kid.

But for whatever reason Super Hexagon didnt close properly one time and steam thought it was still running until the next time my PC shut down so I have like 300 hours of it on record.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow managed to mindlessly waste my day without catching up on GOTY stuff or finishing Disco Elyisum, which would have been the ideal ways to waste that.

So I'll be catching up on some of it tonight/tomorrow. Seems like I'll want to finish Disco before Story + GOTY itself anyway. For better or worse, there's also less to catch up on this year...

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017

That part really bugged me too, I never finished the game because of it. I'm already not a fan of stealth games, but when a game gives you non-stealth options and wants you to feel bad for them I just get turned off immediately.

It's not really a punishment, it's just a natural consequence of the situation of the game and it's story. More dead bodies means more rats which means the plague spreads which means higher chaos, harder missions, and a worse ending. I wish more games had such well-integrated consequences for murder, from a mechanical level to a narrative one.

That being said, Dishonored 2 does offer more flexibility and powers to use for non-lethal players.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God Amy Sedaris in The Mandalorian. Who asked for this? She's so good and doing her best but...why?

And they go to the original cantina and sit in the original booth from Episode IV. It's all extremely "Hey, remember TATOOINE!?" Fuck ooooffffffff. Please, God, spare me.

man they should rope that and off charge to sit there, the booth someone shouted maclunkey in

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
man they should rope that and off charge to sit there, the booth someone shouted maclunkey in
To be fair, the dumb idiot was named Greedo and he was in episode 1 for some reason because they have to make every effort to make the universe smaller. Only one rodian here, bitches.

Also, he only said "Maclunkey".

Edit: Oh, you actually said that. I misread, nevermind!

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
shop_elf_free.jpg

It's time to pop some corn and settle in for a flick! Once you redeem your movie code below on www.microsoft.com/redeem, you'll have 14 days to start watching your movie, but don't delay! This movie code is available for redemption for a limited time only.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Video Video: Elf - Won by shem shem (2 entries)

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing you can count on at the end of the year, its the annual GBE Role Playing session to be a banger.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
A Short Hike seems really lovely so far. I'm finding the keyboard controls kind of frustrating though, so I'm gonna have to go find my gamepad for the next time I play.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like that halfway through Alex's paragraph on Judgment in his top 10 he goes from calling the series Yakuza to Ryu Ga Gotoku.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Judge Eyes was a really good name and they shouldnt have changed it.

Also how the heck did someone NOT call a game "Judgement" before then?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Judge Eyes was a really good name and they shouldnt have changed it.

Also how the heck did someone NOT call a game "Judgement" before then?
I mean, somehow nobody called a studio "Respawn" before 2010, so crazy things can happen.

(Respawn is almost ten years old somehow. Good lord.)

Status
Not open for further replies.