• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The more I hear about The Witcher being like a mid to late 2000s fantasy tv show the more I want to watch it

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I could pull off leggings, there are some really cool stuff out there.

:(
Wear jorts over them like Darby Allin, who is cool.
D5zWkVKW4AAIXKu.jpg

Garbuckle

Mar 23, 2018
Songs of the year:

Billy Woods & Kenny Segal - Spider Hole
black midi - Ducter
Charli XCX - Click
Clipping - Club Down
Girl Band - Going Norway
JPEGMAFIA - Beta Male Strategies
Lankum - The Young People
Purple Mountains - She's Making Friends, I'm Turning Stranger
Tyler the Creator - Earfquake

That Purple Mountains album is so good, rest in power David Berman.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I now have that voice in the back of my head saying "Hey. Why dont you play all of the Witcher 3 again"

Oh no.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That's a damn fine list
I now have that voice in the back of my head saying "Hey. Why dont you play all of the Witcher 3 again"

Oh no.
I've been fighting that all month. What helps is that I have about one percent of the free time now than I did in 20 aught 15

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Makes a bit more sense why it took them longer to put it up. My theory: because there were literally half as many categories as last year, they wanted to write a blurb about each winner, instead of a paragraph at the beginning and then just listing the winners. Listing the winners for only 5 categories would have looked a bit sad.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I have now set up a special hot bar in ffxiv just to show me cool downs of abilities not on my main cross hot bar

pro gamer

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Knowing we will probably never see the follow up to Mankind Divided is maybe the biggest loss to me out of this gen of games. Mankind Divided is such a strong damn middle chapter and a set up to a god damn crazy fucking final act that it's a huge fucking bummer we'll probably never see the plot lines and ideas of Mankind Divided concluded.

It is a stronger game than Human Revolution in every regard and one of the best games of the decade. It's a shame it didn't get much buzz and the people that did play were turned off by a middle chapter conclusion.

God the fucking stinger in it is still wild.
Yah I definitely would love to see another one of these, but Mankind Divided definitely felt off.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
prague in mankind divided is easily one of the best game environments in recent gaming history

so many good side missions, great atmosphere, and etc

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Prague is amazing.

TF-29 is GOD DAMNED AMAZING.

I don't usually think much of most home base music aside from maybe Majula but TF-29 is utterly sublime. The TF-29 home base is just so *good*. Prague itself is by far the most densely packed and living city in a game ever. Moreso than even Novigrad from Witcher 3. It has all the realistic nooks and crannies of an actual city, albeit in a smaller scale. There's still levels of abstraction in Novigrad and Eidos pushed the envelope even further and kept pushing how much you can really pack into a city environment. In some ways it can only be achieved in the immersive sim format.

God I love Mankind Divided.

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow Knight seems really solid. I actually haven't seen much of it, outside of Rorie trying that one boss a couple times, so I'm pretty blind. I'm really surprised it took me this long to get to it.

Between Slay the Spire and HK skipping Outer Worlds to play other games the right choice.

May 30, 2018
just witnessed Will Smith live on stream learn that the zone/slowdown function exists in Tetris Effect. he'd played for a year and beaten the game on Expert without ever realizing it was there. wtf

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
just witnessed Will Smith live on stream learn that the zone/slowdown function exists in Tetris Effect. he'd played for a year and beaten the game on Expert without ever realizing it was there. wtf

Lol, I beat the game on expert before discovering it as well. It was only when I googled how to get S ranks and shit in the other modes that I found out about it.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Hollow Knight seems really solid. I actually haven't seen much of it, outside of Rorie trying that one boss a couple times, so I'm pretty blind. I'm really surprised it took me this long to get to it.

Between Slay the Spire and HK skipping Outer Worlds to play other games the right choice.
My problem with that game was the fast travel system. People are divided on the issue but a lot of folks seem to be in favor of not being able to fast travel for immersion purposes. There are Stag Stations of course but they are not as frequent as you'd like. In the late game this is especially a problem as you're traversing the same sets of rooms over and over. I really wish they had implemented fast travel between benches - even as a late game ability. The argument against it that fast travel would "ruin the game" because you would never see the world is absurd to me. Those who would want could still walk everywhere. The people that were done with the immersion and just wanted to get on with it could fast travel.

Anyway it's a pretty great game overall. The other small nitpick is that there is a thing where you will often fall off ledges instead of jumping if you don't jump early enough. I actually saw the Dead Cells devs talk about this mechanic which appeared all the way back in Castlevania, where your character will actually walk off the platform but you still jump because otherwise it doesn't "feel" good. I'm pretty sure Hollow Knight doesn't do this because I've had to condition myself to jump really early when walking off a platform.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
prague in mankind divided is easily one of the best game environments in recent gaming history

so many good side missions, great atmosphere, and etc

Prague is amazing.

TF-29 is GOD DAMNED AMAZING.

I don't usually think much of most home base music aside from maybe Majula but TF-29 is utterly sublime. The TF-29 home base is just so *good*. Prague itself is by far the most densely packed and living city in a game ever. Moreso than even Novigrad from Witcher 3. It has all the realistic nooks and crannies of an actual city, albeit in a smaller scale. There's still levels of abstraction in Novigrad and Eidos pushed the envelope even further and kept pushing how much you can really pack into a city environment. In some ways it can only be achieved in the immersive sim format.

God I love Mankind Divided.

Some of you guys are alright,

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever was at my Airbnb before me forgot to log out of YouTube on the smart TV. He watched a lot of Fox News and right wing videos, so I subscribed him to several furry and diaper fetish channels before logging him out.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
don't keep us hanging, what about the dragons?
there were none! we were hoodwinked!
just a stupid demigorgan (fought against spellcheck for about two minutes with that one before realising it's not a real word) and a thisslehydra?
it was the stranger things tie-in campaign, so was an easy and fairly short campaign. we're rolling our own characters and starting Properly next time. i shan't mention DnD again :-)

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last game of 2019 and first game of 2020 I'll be playing is Mortal Kombat 11. I'm really enjoying this game, it looks beautiful and plays well. I'm not sure if it's still a mega grindfest like it was at launch but I'll see.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
last game of 2019 and first game of 2020 will be See how many monster energy drinks it takes to rid myself of this flesh prison and vibrate my entirety in unison with the great black void

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Well work is dead-diddly-ead but I don't have enough privacy play a game on my phone or anything. So that's boring

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
there were none! we were hoodwinked!
just a stupid demigorgan (fought against spellcheck for about two minutes with that one before realising it's not a real word) and a thisslehydra?
it was the stranger things tie-in campaign, so was an easy and fairly short campaign. we're rolling our own characters and starting Properly next time. i shan't mention DnD again :-)
But DnD is fun stuff. I ran a session this year where I ended up undoing 12 years worth of campaigns thanks to a mindflayer and some time travel bullshit.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I have now set up a special hot bar in ffxiv just to show me cool downs of abilities not on my main cross hot bar

pro gamer
My raid-mates make fun of how giant my "cooldown" bar is. I have it basically maxed. Giant buttons that never actually get pressed. But I'll be damned if I ain't using Aetherflow every 60 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.