• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
The album art and thread title is the warmth I need this holiday season. Can't wait for the GOTY content

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
I need to decide what game(s) to play while listening to the many many hours of content coming up.

I got Borderlands 3 as a pack-in for getting some new PC parts. I hear that game is best played on mute
310210906900660235.png

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Darksouls 3 is so fucking good!

I just got to the zone with enemies that start growing wings out of their backs when they aggro.... Fucking creepy shit

Also, the game knows me so well!

KP8XGFB.png

May 5, 2018
Just noticed the new thread got posted! Now I can finally post the 9 year anniversary of the Multimedia Celebrity Poker quick look:

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Good title. Congratulations to Paul McCartney, the creator of the first Strand Song.

www.youtube.com

Paul McCartney - Hope For The Future

Paul McCartney - Hope For The FutureHope For The Future Out Now! iTunes: http://smarturl.it/HopeForTheFuturehttp://PaulMcCartney.com/https://www.facebook.com...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Mr Robot good. I guess tomorrow I'll give season 2 a shot and see why people hate it so much.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Played more Jedi: Fallen Order.

That game sure knows what it is. That said I'm having fun but like we've all said, it's a video game ass video game. A jambalaya of reused ideas with a Star Wars aesthetic.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Damn. I just watched a Board-siding playthrough of the end of Outer Worlds and it's really a bummer just how similar it is to the good ending. Kinda sours my perception of the whole thing.

No matter how big a bastard you are, your companions never turn on you. You can take Parvati to murder the residents of her own home town for the Board, and aside from small initial objections she literally offers no resistance against it. Felix has objections along the way, but you don't even need to succeed any checks to keep him on your side. You still need to sneak across the Hope and warp it. You still need to go to Tartarus and make your way through, only this time it's against rioting prisoners. But you still get help from the Groundbreaker, and even the Iconoclasts. They'll all help the Board quell a rebellion out of personal loyalty to you. It's entirely nonsensical, and apparently at no point does anyone on your side turn against you or require significant convincing. The final boss is the same, the final encounter is the same but with swapped characters. Maybe it's just a byproduct of the limited budget, but I expected the changes to be more dynamic.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i have my first gym sesh back after being sick for a while and in this toxic smog and ugh i kinda dont want to go but i know if i dont go that's gonna start some shit where i just regress into non-exercise guy

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
regarding my statement about wanting to play other zachtronics games and expecting that they will probably be emotionally affecting and thought provoking

yes, i was being sincere

yes, i am aware of the genre 99% of zachtronics games fall into

but also

Matt Burns-writer and director of Eliza-in an interview with USGamer said:
"Other Zachtronics games like, Opus Magnum or Infinifactory or Exapunks, all of these games are actually very interested not only in the engineering work that you do as part of the game, but they also get into what it means to be an engineer and what you're using your skill for," Burns says. "Because when you are an engineer and you can make computers do things, it's important to think about what you're using that power for, and pretty much all of the stories in Zachtronics games address this in one way or another and talk about the effect that you're having on the world around you by doing this engineering work.

"And that's not from me, that's from Zach. Zach is very interested in these kinds of themes. So even though Eliza is super different because it's a visual novel and it comes from me, it addresses many of those same questions, just in a different way."

and yes, i also deliberately make big honest statements delivered in a way that confuses because i too have been irony poisoned by the internet, not that i have been doing this all my life!

also also also here's a link to that usgamer matt burns eliza interview because i should do that because it deserves being read in full and content like it needs more attention

Status
Not open for further replies.